• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players I didn't like

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Thats no excuse I'm making up. Its a play thats very popular in all of football actually. I can appreciate that play call also because I'm sure nobody expected it to go there.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Brees played god in a losing effort so I'll take it.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not going to argue whether Stafford was good or bad anymore because people only see what they want. He was bad at times and good in others. We got the win. Thats the ultimate goal.

Stafford is struggling this year for whatever reason but it seems as if he has a different set of rules he must play under than other qbs according to some people.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't a fan of the Ebron pick...I still am not a fan. When i see Jace Amaro having 10 catches....Branden Oliver having big games etc its a little disheartening considering he has had some chances...and we are down some weapons. He hasnt looked great even for a rookie. We need an offensive boost and if he was worth his high pick....he should be able to do something. He doesnt look like an elite player to me but I hope Im wrong.

:agree: Especially seeing someone like Amaro having more catches in one game than Ebron on the year. That is ridiculous.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting... how would you say that Stafford stacked up, accuracy-wise, compared to Brees today?

26/35 335 yards 1 TD

That was Bree's stats prior to their last two drives when our D took over.

Stafford's stats, like they have been before, are bloated by another great catch and run play from Tate. It shows on the box score but he didn't earn it from his efforts.

I am completely disappointed in his play and it appears he is regressing rather than progressing.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He had to throw it over two defenders that were covering the receiver that ran the underneath route. Can't put it too low or it would've gotten tipped or picked.

I almost wrote specifically into my original post that somebody would try and say it had to be thrown that high. I completely disagree. He had a passing lane for that throw. You can't float it in there but he damn near rocketed it into the stands if not for Fuller making a great play. IMO it was just another bad pass

And while supporters may choose to say that people critical of his play only see what they want the same goes to them. You see him make a good throw here or there and the other numerous drive killing bad throws he made are forgotten.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost wrote specifically into my original post that somebody would try and say it had to be thrown that high. I completely disagree. He had a passing lane for that throw. You can't float it in there but he damn near rocketed it into the stands if not for Fuller making a great play. IMO it was just another bad pass

And while supporters may choose to say that people critical of his play only see what they want the same goes to them. You see him make a good throw here or there and the other numerous drive killing bad throws he made are forgotten.

Did I say I forgot about the bad throws? My one and only comment was on the game winning throw.

And there wasn't a passing lane there. There were two defenders on the receiver that went short. He had to get it above them all.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he has Fuller wide open for which would've been a TD and missed him on an easy throw. Then on 4th down, he misses a wide open Pettigrew in the end zone locks onto Bush in double coverage and gets bailed out by PI on a throw that wouldn't have been a first anyway.

^^^^^ this

I'm thrilled the team got the win but his play must get better or it's not to early to start talking about when it's possible to realistically move on.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford was not good today. No way around it.

Did enough to win today. Just listening and not seeing he sounded mediocre. CJ back will help immensely. Security blanket or what? Not sure? Seeing Tate hurt people without CJ will be huge come a healthy CJ. Radio guys also slammed RBs today for drops not Staffs throws. I am doing my best to judge his season with CJ and Tate. Not a huge Stafford guy, but damn the OL and drops hurt him some.

I may be wrong with not seeing footage. Hearing it was not all Matty.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26/35 335 yards 1 TD

That was Bree's stats prior to their last two drives when our D took over.

Stafford's stats, like they have been before, are bloated by another great catch and run play from Tate. It shows on the box score but he didn't earn it from his efforts.

I am completely disappointed in his play and it appears he is regressing rather than progressing.

We're buds man, but that's weak. Don't give part of Bree's line with his worst drives removed to make it look better.

And Tate's long run and catch may have made Stafford's yardage total look better, but he still completed nearly 69% of his passes compared to Brees' 63% on the day.

I think perception plays a huge part in how we think certain players did. Stafford didn't have a great day overall, but he certainly didn't have a bad day, imo. That first INT was completely his fault, but the second one couldn't have been less his fault, and we were driving for a score at that point.

Yes, he had some passes off the mark, but if you just want to focus on the missed passes, then Brees was quite a bit worse. Brees also threw a pick to give the game away in crunch-time, while Stafford put together two TD drives in the last 5 minutes to get the win.

Overall Stafford produced when it counted and ended up with a 300 yard, two TD, two INT day while completing nearly 70% of his passes. One INT was squarely on the TE and killed a scoring drive. Stafford overcame that two get two late TD drives to steal a win away from a good Saints offense.

Imo, he deserves more credit than criticism on this one.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you need to see the throws behind Bell, Bush and Fuller. The rocket past an open BP when a soft flip would have been a TD. The big gain to Ross that shouldn't have been thrown and was just as likely to be picked as caught. The rocket that Fuller somehow caught for the go ahead. Triple coverage forces. Happy feet. He did not play well. And there's no getting around it.

He did make a throw to Tate (underthrown and outside) that someone could confuse as intentional.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, he deserves more credit than criticism on this one.

He deserves both. Whether one more than other strictly opinion. Lions got the W sure, plenty to work on good and bad in this game. Not just Stafford

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, this is why I think perception often trumps reality around here.

He completed 69% of his throws. That's very good for an NFL QB, and there's no way around those numbers. On the whole, he was accurate today as compared to other NFL QBs. That's not an opinion on my part, we have the hard numbers on how many passes he completed as compared to how many he missed.

Now some of his misses were on key plays, but, like Lionstop said, QBs are going to miss passes. By the numbers he missed very few passes today.

Also, we were 7 for 15 on third downs, which is pretty good, and much better than we were the last two games. The Saints we only 3 for 12 on their third down attempts.

And I'm sorry, but I think it's total crap to pull Brees' last two drives when giving his stats- those were the most important drives of the game and he threw a pick that ended up costing the Saints the win. Meanwhile our QB rallies us to the win with back-to-back TD drives with less than 5 minutes to go in the game and he's getting shit on.

Stafford was better than Brees today, simple as that. Brees had more yards, otherwise Stafford was more accurate, way better on third down, and much more clutch when it counted.

I'm kind of blown away that our QB can win the game with a pair of late TD passes, sneak in a 300 yard game, and finish the day with a completion percentage well above his career average, and he's STILL getting crap on the board here. Unbelievable, to be honest...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, wow do people see what they want to see out there.

Oh well, I guess I'm lucky that I can enjoy this win and enjoy our QB coming up huge when it counted and not feel the need to complain about our game-winning QB simply because I don't like him. Shm...

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say I forgot about the bad throws? My one and only comment was on the game winning throw.

And there wasn't a passing lane there. There were two defenders on the receiver that went short. He had to get it above them all.

Just replayed it several times in super slow motion. The two guys playing Tate are a full yards in front of Fuller when the ball gets released. It clears them by about 5 feet and neither even raise arm up.

IMO it was a bad throw but a great catch.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just replayed it several times in super slow motion. The two guys playing Tate are a full yards in front of Fuller when the ball gets released. It clears them by about 5 feet and neither even raise arm up.

IMO it was a bad throw but a great catch.

Did they let Stafford know beforehand they weren't gonna raise an arm? He had no clue what they were or were not gonna do. He had to put it in a spot only his receiver can catch it. It's a pass made a hundred times by QBs.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just ask this- can anyone deny these facts about today's game?

1.) Stafford completed 68% of his throws (I just double-checked, my 69% was wrong). Brees completed 62% of his.

For reference sake Stafford is completing 63% of his passes on the season, Brees is completing 68% of his passes so far this year.

2.) Despite having a pretty damn awful first half, Stafford still managed 300 yards through the air.

3.) Stafford had 2 passing TDs on our last two drives in the last 5 minutes of the game. Brees threw a game-deciding pick on one of his last two drives, and couldn't pick up a first down on the other.

All three of those things are completely true, not an opinion at all. I think they, at the very least, show that Stafford didn't have a bad game. He didn't have a good game, I'm fine with admitting that, but he did enough to get the win, he was very clutch, and aside from one really bad throw he played pretty mistake-free ball.

I'd like to see him progress through his reads better, and he still needs to learn where and when to put some fucking touch on the ball, but let's not forget that he did enough to get us the win at the end on the strength of another stand-out effort by the defense today.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just ask this- can anyone deny these facts about today's game?

1.) Stafford completed 68% of his throws (I just double-checked, my 69% was wrong). Brees completed 62% of his.

For reference sake Stafford is completing 63% of his passes on the season, Brees is completing 68% of his passes so far this year.

2.) Despite having a pretty damn awful first half, Stafford still managed 300 yards through the air.

3.) Stafford had 2 passing TDs on our last two drives in the last 5 minutes of the game. Brees threw a game-deciding pick on one of his last two drives, and couldn't pick up a first down on the other.

All three of those things are completely true, not an opinion at all.

Well I'm glad we have a QB who can score when throwing a 3rd down pass 5 yards short of the first and have the WR run 80 yards, and follow that up by getting the ball gift wrapped at the 15 yard line, miss 2 WRs on consecutive plays, 1 being into double coverage 3 yards shy of a first(on 4th down), get a PI and then finally make the TD throw.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that for the discounted price of $18 mil per year