• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players I didn't like

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15-2? Fuck no. That's crazy talk. That means we lose in the NFC championship. Well the 15 wins puts us there. 17-2. Can't wait for that Arizona game. And I don't mean the game we are playing the cardinals in.

I see ya kicked the wife off the computer. LOL

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, and if those were the thoughts being expressed then I don't think we're having this conversation...

That's all I've been saying. Maybe his comment wasn't directed at me but I thought it was.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god, thank you for another voice of reason. It seems like whatever this team does, it's not nearly good enough. This board demands perfection in all phases, damnit, especially from the QB!

Stafford can put up yards in bunches, but that's no good because he's throwing too many INTs. Now he cuts the INTs down (and I'm sure some have already forgotten that only one of the INTs today was his fault in the least), but that's no good because we're not moving the ball as well.

I'm sure I'll get trashed by plenty now for being a "Stafford Lover" and all that crap that goes on here, but I also pointed out that I don't think he had a good game. I just don't think he had a bad game. Guys want to focus on only the missed throws and ignore the overall numbers, which is their prerogative, but they also can't pretend to give a subjective analysis, either.

It's crazy that after every win now, the first one's to the board are the ones who want to bitch about everything we did wrong, seemingly ignoring the fact that we just won the game...

While I have not really bashed anything today. (OL only)If anything stuck up for Stafford. However it is obvious you have never coached organized sports. Never a perfect game. Are some going overboard? Sure.

Both you and LS1 are saying he did not play stellar. Are these guys pointing what he did wrong? I believe so.
Even in the win I heard stupid penalties, drops, over and under throws. Horrid blocking again for the most part.

I also seen a team rally and win. Great late defense. A QB who overcame a late turnover and lead the game winning drive. One helluva stop on a HOF QB to ice it. I am pretty sure Caldwell will gives props were deserving. Sure he will also not have your mindset when breaking down film and just say fuck it we won let's not work on anything for the next game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford gets to celebrate a win while Brees gets to row row row his boat gently down the loser stream.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comments weren't directed specifically at you Kreton. It has become blatantly obvious though, that some fans just dont like the guy and come up with tons of rediculous stuff just to try to prove he's unworthy of his, paycheck or whatever. People are starting to go overboard with it.

For example, how can you complete 68% of your passes, throw for 300 and lead your team to a victory and still take tremendous heat from the fans? And this comes after the fact that nobody outside of the defense and Tate stepped up at all.

I think we all know (including people around the league) that Stafford hasnt had the best year so far. He is inaccurate at times and will make a mistake here and there. This is no different than what any other qb has experienced at some point of time. Fans have literallly gone on record, basically implying that incompletions or bad passes arent allowed by Stafford. That means that 68% isnt good enough here.

The messed up part about it all is that we have a running game thats at the bottom of the league, with a bad o-line yet we continue to focus on Stafford. Whats tough is watching other teams give their qbs a clean pocket and the RBs good running lanes to get through.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like Jim Kiick. You don't put two i's together. It just isn't done.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this players I didn't like? Lions players I didn't like? Lions draft picks I didn't like at the time?

For the first, I hated:

Michael Irvin, a very average WR who just pushed off before the referees were looking for it.
Jon Runyan - needlessly dirty. Don't know why the other players didn't agree just to cut him at the knee until he got a career-ender.
John Elway - don't ask my why. It may have been those teeth that could be confused with a picket fence. It may have been because he put up gaudy numbers in that thin air but I'd take a half-dozen guys over him if starting from scratch. It may be because everyone says he's better than Marino, but it was Davis who won two Superbowls, not Elway.
Chad Johnson - shut your mouth and play, dude.
Joe Namath - Eli Manning is a much better QB, for Christ's sake. Why does this nobody get attention?

Lions players I didn't like:

Mike Williams, the fat lazy asshole
Daunte Culpepper, the fat lazy asshole
Joey Harrington. Hey, it's OK that you're an effeminate faux intellectual. If someone has to tell you that hiding that in order to play pro football is a good idea, you're too stupid to play pro football. And Terrell Owens was smart enough to play pro football for comparison.

Players the Lions drafted where I hated the pick at the time:

Aaron Gibson - just too fat to play OL then and as a Lion.
Jason Hanson - I was sure wrong, but was livid at taking a placekicker in the second round at the time.
Brandon Pettigrew. I really wanted Michael Oher at the time, who may not have worked out better, but I thought it was a vastly greater need and talent pick.
Louis Delmas - I wanted Laurinitis or Maualuga but wasn't livid
Gosder Cherilus - I actually uttered the expression, "Who the fuck is that?" when they picked him.
Ernie Sims - he had the reputation of being too wild to stay healthy in the NFL, and top 10 was way too high. I admit that I wanted Leinart, which would have been every bit as bad.
Mike Williams - everyone knew the pick was a massive long shot at a non-need position when made.
Joey Harrington - the poofter. At least the next 6 picks were also busts so the odds of us taking Levi Jones, Dwight Freeney, or Ed Reed were pretty low.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like Homer Jones either. He caused me to send my Strat-O-Matic football board flying through the air on more than one occasion.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Does saying Stafford should/could be playing better mean all that?

Agreed, I think most of us are on the same page that stafford like the rest of the lions offense needs to improve. No one here expects perfection. I believe lionstop takes it personally anytime anyone criticizes stafford.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popular theory is my wife is posting for me lately.

I was thinking the same thing, where is kreton, because the kreton I remember could see no wrong with the lions ever and anyone that said there was something wrong would get the obligatory kreton bashing. I have misjudged you sir.