• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Play-In games

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone thinks that Jokic is objectively better than Embiid. Just that being the better basketball player doesn't make him MVP.

Additionally, KD and Lebron aren't the only ones who are better basketball players than Jokic or Embiid.
Lebron was better than Curry the two years he won MVP, he was actually better one of those seasons. Means nothing.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because stats need context. And what makes Embiid leading the league in scoring special is that 5s just don’t do that anymore in the NBA game
Do 5's average the assists that Jokic does?

Again: I agree that Embiid should be MVP.

But, you are trying way to hard to discredit Joker.

Joel's extra 3ppg and .5 blocks a game better vs. Jokic's 3 extra boards and 4 dimes is a wash statistically, AT BEST.

I actually think it favors Jokic.

But, when I watch them play, Embiid is better...imo

Yet, I can understand why a argument can be made for the Joker.

I just disagree with it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do 5's average the assists that Jokic does?

Again: I agree that Embiid should be MVP.

But, you are trying way to hard to discredit Joker.

Joel's extra 3ppg and .5 blocks a game better vs. Jokic's 3 extra boards and 4 dimes is a wash statistically, AT BEST.

I actually think it favors Jokic.

But, when I watch them play, Embiid is better...imo

Yet, I can understand why a argument can be made for the Joker.

I just disagree with it.

That's my biggest issue with him. You would think Jokic isn't even a legit MVP candidate based on his comments

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my biggest issue with him. You would think Jokic isn't even a legit MVP candidate based on his comments
I mean at this point, we are all dug in with our opinions.

But, I haven't seen Cavs fans nor Raptors fans shitting all over the other teams Rookie to elevate their guy.

More than 1 guy can be worthy.

I imagine he feels this way because the writing is on the wall that Joel will lose to Joker for the 2nd year in a row.

I picked Joel both years. But, it's not blasphemous to see it the other way.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, I haven't seen Cavs fans nor Raptors fans shitting all over the other teams Rookie to elevate their guy.

I imagine he feels this way because the writing is on the wall that Joel will lose to Joker for the 2nd year in a row.

Hunted and cooked last night. -26. He was involved in nearly every action. My major issue isn’t with the player himself but I know it comes off this way. My issue is NBA media being lazy AF and leaning on these bull shit analytics because they don’t know the game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunted and cooked last night. -26. He was involved in nearly every action. My major issue isn’t with the player himself but I know it comes off this way. My issue is NBA media being lazy AF and leaning on these bull shit analytics because they don’t know the game.

Points, rebounds, assists, shooting percentage. These are not bull shit analytics. First player ever to finish in the top 10 of all 4 categories in a single season.

Embiid got held to 5-15 by a bunch of 6'7 guys in game 1. Single game outcomes mean very little on their own.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Points, rebounds, assists, shooting percentage. These are not bull shit analytics. First player ever to finish in the top 10 of all 4 categories in a single season.

Embiid got held to 5-15 by a bunch of 6'7 guys in game 1. Single game outcomes mean very little on their own.
You didn’t watch the game again did you. Why do you always feel so comfortable running your mouth when you don’t watch the games? You didn’t watch game 1 or you would know a box score doesn’t tell the tale of Embiid’s impact in Game 1. Everything they got was because he was double and triple teamed. He didn’t force anything. He made the winning plays out of double teams. The stat that tells the tale is his zero turnovers. I don’t ever remember an Embiid playoff game where he is the target of the defense having zero turnovers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also what does this have to do with comment about Jokic being an ass defender? I got ripped here for saying that. I said come playoff time he would be hunted and cooked and that’s exactly what’s happening. These analytics lie. The gap between Jokic and Embiid offensively (edge Joker) is nowhere near as vast as the gap that exists between Embiid > Joker defensively. Not even close. And that’s why the man should have been MVP.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also what does this have to do with comment about Jokic being an ass defender? I got ripped here for saying that. I said come playoff time he would be hunted and cooked and that’s exactly what’s happening. These analytics lie. The gap between Jokic and Embiid offensively (edge Joker) is nowhere near as vast as the gap that exists between Embiid > Joker defensively. Not even close. And that’s why the man should have been MVP.

The gap offensively is just as vast given the multiple ways Jokic impacts the offense (at historic levels). You just deflect continuously with "but but but defense" and VORP jokes.

Your level of victimhood is ridiculous. Who here is condemning your comments about Jokic's defense?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gap offensively is just as vast given the multiple ways Jokic impacts the offense (at historic levels). You just deflect continuously with "but but but defense" and VORP jokes.

Your level of victimhood is ridiculous. Who here is condemning your comments about Jokic's defense?
People constantly use analytics to try and explain away this man’s defense

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point. was a time it seemed Mobley was a lock and still think he might be the favorite but I could understand Barnes winning. Hell, Cade could, as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

especially when those games come AFTER voting is completed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially when those games come AFTER voting is completed.
Agreed. This is the end of the Jokic era. People in NBA media spent the better part of a year citing defensive analytics that didn't just make Joker look like he was competent defensively, they made him look like he was one of the top defenders in the league. They ignored him getting targeted and cooked last year in a sweep by the Suns. Well, now it's happening again in this series with the Warriors. Every action is being run to involve him because he can't defend and is a liability at that end of the floor. This will be the last year of this nonsense. NBA media is looking foolish because they never watched this guy play (4-5 games all year on national TV) and instead used the short cut in leaning on purely analytics.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. This is the end of the Jokic era. People in NBA media spent the better part of a year citing defensive analytics that didn't just make Joker look like he was competent defensively, they made him look like he was one of the top defenders in the league. They ignored him getting targeted and cooked last year in a sweep by the Suns. Well, now it's happening again in this series with the Warriors. Every action is being run to involve him because he can't defend and is a liability at that end of the floor. This will be the last year of this nonsense. NBA media is looking foolish because they never watched this guy play (4-5 games all year on national TV) and instead used the short cut in leaning on purely analytics.
another cool story

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, this isn't the DPOY award. Defense does matter but if you are amazing offensively you can win this award. Jokic being only 27, he might not win another one but he will be in the running for years to come. They get Murray and MPJ that could actually help him bc the team wins increases.
We've seen a lot of players that were less than stellar defensively not only win MVP's but back to back MVP's specifically Steph and Nash. You think Dirk won it in 2007 bc of his defensive ability? He won it over Lebron, Kobe and Duncan who were FAR superior defenders. Harden and RW also won the award, not bc of their defense but bc of their ridiculous offensive numbers and team records.
Also, record matters. Jokic led his team to 48 wins without the 2nd and 3rd best players on the roster. Embiid led his team to 51 with a far superior supporting cast. Unfortunately, that always matters.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, this isn't the DPOY award. Defense does matter but if you are amazing offensively you can win this award. Jokic being only 27, he might not win another one but he will be in the running for years to come. They get Murray and MPJ that could actually help him bc the team wins increases.
We've seen a lot of players that were less than stellar defensively not only win MVP's but back to back MVP's specifically Steph and Nash. You think Dirk won it in 2007 bc of his defensive ability? He won it over Lebron, Kobe and Duncan who were FAR superior defenders. Harden and RW also won the award, not bc of their defense but bc of their ridiculous offensive numbers and team records.
Also, record matters. Jokic led his team to 48 wins without the 2nd and 3rd best players on the roster. Embiid led his team to 51 with a far superior supporting cast. Unfortunately, that always matters.
In order for a guy to step into the stratosphere of being a 3 time MVP shouldn't that guy not be a liability in playoff basektball? These narratives change quickly and NBA media is getting killed in the public square for making a mess of all this stuff. It's not just MVP.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. If it didn't, old man Lebron probably wins.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Philly had pulled the trigger on sending Simmons to Portland for a package built around CJ early on. Sixers could've kept their role players, probably netted a pick and would've had CJ in the mix all season. They could've been the #1 seed.

Lakers might have slipped into the play in too, with that CJ-fueled Pels run not possible lol.