• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Plan " B" at qb

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shut up and (dribble) play huh? I understand.

For the record, it isn't a matter of his boss doing what he wants, the boss V.O.L.U.N.T.A.R.I.L.Y gave his word on matter(s) of great importance to the player and organization, then systematically broke his word(s). Let's be clear here, the boss is the one who's wrong.

Great importance to the player...not the organization

The player claims...no facts...reports may be true but maybe not

The boss, if he lied, is wrong. The player is most certainly wrong.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great importance to the player...not the organization

The player claims...no facts...reports may be true but maybe not

The boss, if he lied, is wrong. The player is most certainly wrong.
It wasn't important to the organization who their next HC was going to be? It's possible because they don't care about which players they have.

It's undisputed, and since that's the case, the player told the truth. (Unless you're intimating the player is psychotic)

You're right boss is wrong; NO way in hell that the player is wrong.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't important to the organization who their next HC was going to be? It's possible because they don't care about which players they have.

It's undisputed, and since that's the case, the player told the truth. (Unless you're intimating the player is psychotic)

Would Aaron Rogers be treated that way? Would Tom Brady be treated that way? Would Patrick Mahomes be treated that way? Would Russell Wilson be treated that way? Then Watson shouldn't be lied to either.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Eagles Rumors: Carson Wentz Trade 'Close' amid Buzz Around 'Aggressive Offers'​

TIM DANIELSFEBRUARY 5, 2021241

Philadelphia Eagles' Carson Wentz passes during the first half of an NFL football game against the Seattle Seahawks, Monday, Nov. 30, 2020, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Derik Hamilton)

Derik Hamilton/Associated Press

The Philadelphia Eagles reportedly have received "aggressive offers" for quarterback Carson Wentz as trade rumors intensify heading into the 2021 offseason.
ESPN's Tim McManus reported the Eagles are seeking "significant compensation" but are also aware it's important to act quickly before there's a lot of quarterback movement around the NFL that could leave them without a serious suitor for the 2017 Pro Bowl selection.
Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Inquirer heard from a source a deal may already be "close"

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we continue to go in circles about this let me ask, Outside of QB, what pieces or upgrades do you think is necessary to make this team competitive (your word) ?
retain our guys (sherff and allen , darby .) next we need some LBS . (if we trade for watson and we start at round 3 i think surrat or browning could be available )
we need a FS (could get that with the other 3rd rounder if we trade for watson ) ,

if we trade for watson we will need d/line depth.. i cant see trotting out ryan bee in settles BU spot and keeping the high level of play at that position group . (assuming one of our dt's is gone )

now on offense we need solutions at OT (long term , both are Fa's at the end of the season ) that leaves us the untested charles and the bust christian , who will also be gone at the end of the season . i think you can resign one of them but moses is long in tooth

we need a #2 wr or a slot . i think cam sims is a 3/5 , i think steven sims isnt reliable , i think harmon could be the 2 or at least a 3 so we have anywhere from 2 to 3 openings
we need a TE that can be a reliable number 2 and remember our guy thomas is an FA after next season
all of these needs i have listed will also need back ups

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's what it takes for him to get traded, he will take the fines. I'll stand on the proposition that he would go as far as having to pay back money, I believe that it's 22 million, knowing that a new contract elsewhere will cover the loss.
leveon bell sat out the year and the steelers let him do it . that scenario could come into play

same with TW

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Aaron Rogers be treated that way? Would Tom Brady be treated that way? Would Patrick Mahomes be treated that way? Would Russell Wilson be treated that way? Then Watson shouldn't be lied to either.
i cant argue that . houston should never have made him promises like that and the player shouldnt have that kind of power either

some consulting ? yes but that doesnt mean teams are obligated to take the advice

in the end houston shouldnt have lied to him

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leveon bell sat out the year and the steelers let him do it . that scenario could come into play

same with TW
The Texans have already made themselves look completely foolish. (O'Brien, Hopkins, disfunction) they will look like complete tards if they 1) Let Watson sit (and he will) without moving on from him; 2) Fine him for sitting because he will never actually have to pay it. The Texans will either drop it as part of the trade or his new destination will more than make up for any fines.
Speaking of TW, he is a FA lol.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is not important to the organization for the QB to have a say. It is important for the boss to make the right hire.

I am disputing the actual conversation and what was said. We were not there.

Of course the player is wrong. He is paid to do a job. His job is not hiring the next coach.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers is continually treated as just an employee.

Brady was never given a true say.

I agree people should not be lied to. Did Houston come out and say we lied to Watson? Could it be a misunderstanding? Better yet, do you quit if the boss lies to you about interviewing a certain person you think may be a good fit?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
retain our guys (sherff and allen , darby .) next we need some LBS . (if we trade for watson and we start at round 3 i think surrat or browning could be available )
we need a FS (could get that with the other 3rd rounder if we trade for watson ) ,

if we trade for watson we will need d/line depth.. i cant see trotting out ryan bee in settles BU spot and keeping the high level of play at that position group . (assuming one of our dt's is gone )

now on offense we need solutions at OT (long term , both are Fa's at the end of the season ) that leaves us the untested charles and the bust christian , who will also be gone at the end of theAgreed that retaining our guys is first thing up season . i think you can resign one of them but moses is long in tooth

we need a #2 wr or a slot . i think cam sims is a 3/5 , i think steven sims isnt reliable , i think harmon could be the 2 or at least a 3 so we have anywhere from 2 to 3 openings
we need a TE that can be a reliable number 2 and remember our guy thomas is an FA after next season
all of these needs i have listed will also need back ups
Even with a full allotment of selections this team wouldn't be able to fill all of these spots so let me try this.

Agreed that retaining our guys is first thing up, however with my proposal the draft begins in the second round not the third.

FS or MLB in the second round preferably the MLB. Safety and WR can and likely will be addressed in FA.

Roll this year with the current crop of O-Linemen Address that next year

Draft DT in the later rounds this year and perhaps the TE

I've used 3 draft picks thus far leaving 2 to play with and possibly get a couple of those back-ups that you spoke of. Using the cap money is going to be a little more dicey, however, cutting Alex Smith does free up an extra 19M. Kerrigan is off the books, and there's still a decision to be made about L Collins if he refuses to play linebacker.

Next year takes care of itself as player personnel decisions are made, contract restructuring, trades, free agency and another draft all come into play with 5 more picks starting in the second round. Third year there's no 3rd rounder but an extra 4th along with an otherwise full compliment of picks.

BTW: If Watson is the guy, then I want Heinicke as his backup, so, Allen is gone too!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Philadelphia Eagles' Carson Wentz passes during the first half of an NFL football game against the Seattle Seahawks, Monday, Nov. 30, 2020, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Derik Hamilton)' Carson Wentz passes during the first half of an NFL football game against the Seattle Seahawks, Monday, Nov. 30, 2020, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Derik Hamilton)

The Philadelphia Eagles reportedly have received "aggressive offers" for quarterback Carson Wentz as trade rumors intensify heading into the 2021 offseason.
ESPN's Tim McManus reported the Eagles are seeking "significant compensation" but are also aware it's important to act quickly before there's a lot of quarterback movement around the NFL that could leave them without a serious suitor for the 2017 Pro Bowl selection.
Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Inquirer heard from a source a deal may already be "close"
Please, please, please, please, NOT Washington!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not important to the organization for the QB to have a say. It is important for the boss to make the right hire.

I am disputing the actual conversation and what was said. We were not there.

Of course the player is wrong. He is paid to do a job. His job is not hiring the next coach.
Pretty sure they made it a point to include the QB in their decision making. The boss clearly didn't want to exclude the QB.

So, I'm disputing your attempt to interject yourself into a conversation the you correctly pointed out "we were not there" The undisputed point was because the organization has yet to say that what the QB said wasn't true. C'mon man!

See above to understand why the player was and is not wrong.

See @dad's response, I totally agree with that.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Philadelphia Eagles' Carson Wentz passes during the first half of an NFL football game against the Seattle Seahawks, Monday, Nov. 30, 2020, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Derik Hamilton)' Carson Wentz passes during the first half of an NFL football game against the Seattle Seahawks, Monday, Nov. 30, 2020, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Derik Hamilton)

Aw hell no!! This team should not be on this list.

Carson Wentz trade rumors: Eagles QB's projected value, plus nine logical landing spots for a potential deal
A third NFC team -- and another big-name QB trade -- might not be far behind. While many believed the Eagles hired new coach ...

CBSSports.com
1h

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is continually treated as just an employee.

Brady was never given a true say.

I agree people should not be lied to. Did Houston come out and say we lied to Watson? Could it be a misunderstanding? Better yet, do you quit if the boss lies to you about interviewing a certain person you think may be a good fit?
I get and respect your points GK but you and I know the NFL operates under different circumstances. Normal employees are not paid millions with no input.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get and respect your points GK but you and I know the NFL operates under different circumstances. Normal employees are not paid millions with no input.
I too understand his reasoning, if this was the NFL circa 19_ _, when the league wasn't nearly as QB centric as it is now. They (NFL owners) built this monstrosity and now they want to hold on to that old plantation mentality that held to a double standard in which employees know and must hold their place, while owners get to involve themselves in both the employees lives and other ventures unrelated to their game. This is no longer that time and place, everyone has a public opinion and because of that, truth must be the standard from which everyone agrees and operates from. Now, when people cannot separate truth (fact) from fiction that is an issue ascertained through means that must be questioned and unlearned.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans have already made themselves look completely foolish. (O'Brien, Hopkins, disfunction) they will look like complete tards if they 1) Let Watson sit (and he will) without moving on from him; 2) Fine him for sitting because he will never actually have to pay it. The Texans will either drop it as part of the trade or his new destination will more than make up for any fines.
Speaking of TW, he is a FA lol.
they can have him sit and according to the CBA they can keep him from getting the vested year . point blank they wont do anything until the season starts and he isnt there

in the mean time i think they will try and talk to him

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Wentz
Where would you take him? :D

Unless Philadelphia is offering high draft compensation to any talking about Wentz after last year, every team should laugh at their front office for suggesting Wentz has trade value. That said, there are some extremely stupid owners and front office personnel in the NFL.