• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Plan " B" at qb

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course they do , you arent going to hand out poor draft picks and non difference makers and think they will just jump at it

i dont see watson being moved until TC or later

if i am them i want to keep him
He already said he will sit out and won't play

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already said he will sit out and won't play

He won’t sit out. If he sits out, he passes on 10.54 million dollars on the season, and that is after a 3.3 million dollar fine.

Oh, and the Texans retain his rights.

If he chooses to retire, on top of not getting the 45 million in guaranteed salaries, he will have to PAY the Texans 21 million dollars.

And, if he chooses to unretire, the Texans still retain his rights because he would be under contract.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won’t sit out. If he sits out, he passes on 10.54 million dollars on the season, and that is after a 3.3 million dollar fine.

If he chooses to retire, on top of not getting the 45 million in guaranteed salaries, he will have to PAY the Texans 21 million dollars.

And, if he chooses to unretire, the Texans still retain his rights because he would be under contract.

oh he most definitely will sit out the Texans can play hard ball all they want but it won't end well

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i am the texans i reject that trade and demand young and the 1st in 23 or i go with the dolphins or jets
I see where you're going with these rejections, it's young or nothing for Washington right? Well, just like those who say that you're "gutting" the draft, Miami hasn't the pool of talent on their current team where they can afford to "gut" their roster and hinder their ability to restock via the draft. In fact the decision has been made for 2021 in Miami likely because of what I just wrote.

Brian Flores and Chris Grier have made their decision. The Miami Dolphins coach and general manager are committing to Tua Tagovailoa as their quarterback in 2021. “Tua we’re very happy with,” Grier told reporters Tuesday. “He’s our starting quarterback.

Miami Dolphins commit to QB Tua Tagovailoa for 2021 season ...

In as much as the Jets are concerned, they are not really saying who or how they will address the QB position with. Darnold is still a strong candidate and for them that might be the better way to go. If they decide otherwise, then the 2nd pick in the draft gives them the ability to draft their guy. That move has come down to someone that they have fallen in love with...BYU QB Zack Wilson or a second choice in Justin Fields. Like the Dolphins, I still don't see which two starters the Jets would be willing to give up. That said, the Jets could offer Quinnen Williams and … who exactly? New head coach Robert Saleh saying he “absolutely loves” Williams and is “excited to get the seatbelt off his harness and let him go,” it’s hard to imagine the Texans not asking for him in any deal. He’s the Jets’ best defender under contract.
The problem is figuring out the second player. The Jets’ top three 2020 snap leaders on defense (S Marcus Maye, LB Neville Hewitt and EDGE Tarell Basham) all are free agents. So are 11 others on that side of the ball.

Including any of them in a Watson deal likely won’t happen. Assuming the Texans have no interest in opt-out LB C.J. Mosley, the best remaining pieces the Jets could offer might be one of the following: DT Foley Fatukasi, DT John Franklin-Myers, EDGE Jabari Zuniga, LB Blake Cashman, LB Harvey Langi (whom Caserio had briefly in New England), S Ashtyn Davis or CB Bryce Hall.

Better stated, nothing close to what Washington can offer.

Attachments

• 1612509438040.png
    1612509438040.png
    995 bytes · Views: 1

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

look at this and let it sink in . i dont see how you get watson
Before we continue to go in circles about this let me ask, Outside of QB, what pieces or upgrades do you think is necessary to make this team competitive (your word) ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course they do , you arent going to hand out poor draft picks and non difference makers and think they will just jump at it

i dont see watson being moved until TC or later

if i am them i want to keep him
Me too!

However they don't have any leverage over someone who doesn't want to be there and will sit, or worse, participate and not play until he gets away from them. Paying him Monday through Saturday only to see him not play on Sundays is terrible for the team morale, their financial situation and the organization in total.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh he most definitely will sit out the Texans can play hard ball all they want but it won't end well

In theory he could fully participate and not play in actual games until he gets away from them. Paying him Monday through Saturday only to see him not play on Sundays is terrible for the team morale, game planning, their financial situation, and the organization in total.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys want a qb that takes a football team hesitage Me dont play because i dont like your decision Me dont play blah blah blah i dont want that attitude on my team.. can we put the watson trade to bed its not going to happen

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would To ....https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/joe-theismann-would-be-very-comfortable-starting-taylor-heinicke-2021

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theory he could fully participate and not play in actual games until he gets away from them. Paying him Monday through Saturday only to see him not play on Sundays is terrible for the team morale, game planning, their financial situation, and the organization in total.

He can avoid fines for minI- camp but he still has to play in games. He can’t simply practice and then refuse to play.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Texans do not want to trade my guess is the NFL will want Houston to play hard ball. I don't think they will want players telling owners where they want to play like they do in the NBA.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manning threatens to sit out if drafted by Chargers

Apr 23, 2004 · The Chargers allowed fewer sacks than the Giants last season, but eight of San Diego's 11 offensive linemen from 2003 are no longer with the team. Eli Manning refused to say Thursday that he...

Archie Manning gives details on why Eli refused to play ...

Jun 28, 2016 · It's been 12 years since the San Diego Chargers made Eli Manning the No. 1 overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, and to this day, not much is known about why Manning refused to play in San Diego.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can avoid fines for minI- camp but he still has to play in games. He can’t simply practice and then refuse to play.
I stand corrected,

So after mini camp, he reports then refuses to practice? Does that work?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Texans do not want to trade my guess is the NFL will want Houston to play hard ball. I don't think they will want players telling owners where they want to play like they do in the NBA.

Of course the NFL will want Houston to play hardball and they should. Watson just stole millions of dollars from Houston if they don’t.

Personally, I hope football is destroyed.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope because then he begins to get fined. He then loses every game check.
If that's what it takes for him to get traded, he will take the fines. I'll stand on the proposition that he would go as far as having to pay back money, I believe that it's 22 million, knowing that a new contract elsewhere will cover the loss.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's what it takes for him to get traded, he will take the fines. I'll stand on the proposition that he would go as far as having to pay back money, I believe that it's 22 million, knowing that a new contract elsewhere will cover the loss.

And I hope he never receives the contract and never makes another dime. He signed a contract 6 months ago and took 27 million dollars. He was happy as a lamb.

Now, reportedly because his boss didn’t do exactly what he wanted, he wants out. Please. They need to stop giving the players so much power. Let them sit out. Dont give them another dime.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I hope he never receives the contract and never makes another dime. He signed a contract 6 months ago and took 27 million dollars. He was happy as a lamb.

Now, reportedly because his boss didn’t do exactly what he wanted, he wants out. Please. They need to stop giving the players so much power. Let them sit out. Dont give them another dime.
Just shut up and (dribble) play huh? I understand.

For the record, it isn't a matter of his boss doing what he wants, the boss V.O.L.U.N.T.A.R.I.L.Y gave his word on matter(s) of great importance to the player and organization, then systematically broke his word(s). Let's be clear here, the boss is the one who's wrong.

Last edited: