• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pittsburgh Penguin fans or not welcome here

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good on LeTangs part getting tossed out of tonights game!!! WTF!! Pens sure doing their best to misss the playoffs
this year. Gave up another late game goal. :L:eek:

Yeah that killed their Shootouts. Kessel is brutal on them whereas Letang might have scored there.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did Horquist or Kessel play at all in the game at Carolnia? did either record a shot?

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did Horquist or Kessel play at all in the game at Carolnia? did either record a shot?
Man, if only you could find that answer somewhere????!!!

Yes, Kessel had one and Horny 4. I think Kessels was in the shootout. I really dislike his play. If he's not scoring, he's worthless...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I said this before, but the Pens suck at the shootout.

And they keep shitting the bed...ah, ah, ah, ah shitting the bed...shitting the bed...
Heck if down by a goal against the Penguins you are almost guaranteed to tie it up. They focus too much on wanting to score the EN goal vs clearing and not giving up clean shots.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've stated this before, but I think it's so asinine that how well or how badly a team does in the shootout could determine whether or not they make the playoffs only for that component to disappear once the playoffs begin. Just play 3-on-3 until somebody scores in OT and get rid of the coin flip once and for all.

/The points system should be 3-2-1-0 as well, make all games award the same amount of points to all teams.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've stated this before, but I think it's so asinine that how well or how badly a team does in the shootout could determine whether or not they make the playoffs only for that component to disappear once the playoffs begin. Just play 3-on-3 until somebody scores in OT and get rid of the coin flip once and for all.

/The points system should be 3-2-1-0 as well, make all games award the same amount of points to all teams.
I'm fine with the shootout during the regular season. Seasons long enough as it is

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the shootout during the regular season. Seasons long enough as it is

Well, you're right about that (season being too long), they could trim about 8-10 games from the regular season and then we could start awarding the Stanley Cup in late May like God intended.

/Of course, there's no way the owners would sign off on that.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck if down by a goal against the Penguins you are almost guaranteed to tie it up. They focus too much on wanting to score the EN goal vs clearing and not giving up clean shots.
just pull your goalie early and often, you will probably come from behind and at least take it to OT:L

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have always been a fan of that game point system.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

F'it bring back the 5 minute OT and ties.
:behindsofa:

Seriously I don't mind the shootout since it puts a finite end to the regular season games. Basically since it is part of the game if you don't want to suck at it, practice. But then again there are professional basketball players that shoot under 70% from the free throw line.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer ties as well. If a team is desperate for 2 points, they will fight for it during regulation/OT.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer ties as well. If a team is desperate for 2 points, they will fight for it during regulation/OT.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most others removed their duplicate posts that occurred when the site was having issues. I chose to keep mine to demonstrate my point about ties.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well-earned win for the Penguins tonight, even if it took a shootout to get there.

Murray gave up a soft equalizer, but he made a huge stop earlier on a deflection and was perfect in the shootout to make up for it.

Crosby looked like himself again after a couple rough games in a row. And that shot in the shootout was incredible, so quick with the release. Never saw him load the shot. The Guentzel-Crosby-Rust line was fantastic all game.

Simon and Bjugstad have good chemistry. I think they should stay together. And the big center was a presence again tonight.

Marcus Petterson had a strong game after what seems to have been a stretch of rough ones. Johnson looked very good, too, and that Dumo-Letang pairing was good as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.