• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pittsburgh Penguin fans or not welcome here

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still not an all-time top 100'er though, right? :L

They need those spaces for 17 Blackhawks from that one team that won the Cup. ;)

I only caught part of the game last night, but it seemed like the Caps played the better game and had a bad 5 minutes that the Pens made them pay for. The heat map shows a strong performance

I hope the Caps play the Pens in the playoffs because I like the match up for us and those series are always fun.

I just wonder what Ovechkin said to Crosby after the game (and vice versa).

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need those spaces for 17 Blackhawks from that one team that won the Cup. ;)

I only caught part of the game last night, but it seemed like the Caps played the better game and had a bad 5 minutes that the Pens made them pay for. The heat map shows a strong performance

I hope the Caps play the Pens in the playoffs because I like the match up for us and those series are always fun.

unfortunately, I didn't get see any of it, but from what I've read, you're assessment sounds pretty accurate. I'd rather not face the Caps in the POs, but then again I believe this team be one & done vs no matter who.

I was wondering about the OV-Sid thing as well when I saw it. Pens broadcast was saying probably congratulating him for 1200 points. I'm not so sure about that but maybe. would love to know for sure, but I doubt we ever will get the full truth.

oh, and fuck those Blackhawks right along with Dallas :mad2:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they're sorely missing Jack Johnson. They were so much better last year with him.

You know...

given the choice between him and Harrington.

DimpledSourAstrangiacoral-max-1mb.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

unfortunately, I didn't get see any of it, but from what I've read, you're assessment sounds pretty accurate. I'd rather not face the Caps in the POs, but then again I believe this team be one & done vs no matter who.

I was wondering about the OV-Sid thing as well when I saw it. Pens broadcast was saying probably congratulating him for 1200 points. I'm not so sure about that but maybe. would love to know for sure, but I doubt we ever will get the full truth.

oh, and fuck those Blackhawks right along with Dallas :mad2:

The Caps carried most of the play, but they couldn't bury their golden chances. Lots of posts and whiffs on yawning cages. Murray made a couple sparklers, too, to offset early softies and ultimately outplay Holtby. (On which point, what was he doing on that Crosby breakaway? Looked like he was tying to cross-check Crosby instead of making a save.)

Basically, the Caps had the process and system, and the Pens had the finish last night.

Ovechkin said in a post-game interview that Crosby did come over to congratulate him on 1200. In the clip, Ovechkin looked caught off guard by it, "Oh!" I think their heated rivalry has pretty clearly grown into an intense mutual respect over their years atop the league.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ovechkin said in a post-game interview that Crosby did come over to congratulate him on 1200. In the clip, Ovechkin looked caught off guard by it, "Oh!" I think their heated rivalry has pretty clearly grown into an intense mutual respect over their years atop the league.

I heard from a friend whose friend knows a guy in the room and told me that Ovi's response was not "Oh" but "Rag it". :nod:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How can Ovechkin respect a guy with only 1 Metropolitan Division title? ;)

Pretty good assessment of the game from what I saw, @Darkstone42 . That Crosby breakaway goal was definitely a softie, as Syd only had one hand on the stick from what I could see.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually Crosby gave congrats to Alex for getting his 1,200 point. Classy!!!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kessel and Hornqvist laughing about it on the bench was hilarious.

Actually Crosby gave congrats to Alex for getting his 1,200 point. Classy!!!

That's what OV said and Crosby wasn't asked about it afterwards. I don't really believe that. I think that's just what OV said to keep it between them. Maybe OV said, "hey i saw that video of you punching a guy in the head from behind?" (excuse to post...)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gudbranson is.... good? I've been really impressed with his skating, actually. He covers ground surprisingly quickly, and he uses that to carry the puck out of the zone well. As far as I know, that has never been part of his game at any point in his career, so I don't know where it came from, but I like it.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gudbranson is.... good? I've been really impressed with his skating, actually. He covers ground surprisingly quickly, and he uses that to carry the puck out of the zone well. As far as I know, that has never been part of his game at any point in his career, so I don't know where it came from, but I like it.

That never happened in Vancouver. Maybe he just needed a fresh start.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That never happened in Vancouver. Maybe he just needed a fresh start.

Nor in Florida. I really don't know where it came from, if the coaches saw something in his form to tweak and get a little more zip out of him, or if it was some mental block that they got him over. But the shift happened really quickly, and it's really weird that he's suddenly a strong skater who can move the puck when he'd never shown that ability literally any other time in his career.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey DeSmith has been solid. Lots of save from pucks just hitting him because he's in good position.

Status
Not open for further replies.