• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pittsburgh Penguin fans or not welcome here

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^And now Chris Wideman. :L

Talk about dumpster diving for D-men at the trade deadline.

My only theory is that GMJR got players that are worse than Jack Johnson so by that perception only makes him look better than he is.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question: How are Dumolin and Letang doing? Both had a rough stadium game.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens got Erik Gudbranson for Tanner Pearson, no name defenseman almost as good as Johnson... trade was rated a D- for the Pens..:L

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question: How are Dumolin and Letang doing? Both had a rough stadium game.
Dumoulin has a concussion, still won’t say what Letang has.

Practice yesterday before the trades here were the d pairings:
Schultz-Johnson
Pettersson-Ruhwedal
Riikola-Recchi

Yes Mark Recchi since Gonchar wasn’t available and sadly that isn’t the most alarming thing, it is the fact Jack Johnson is on your top pairing!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumoulin has a concussion, still won’t say what Letang has.

Practice yesterday before the trades here were the d pairings:
Schultz-Johnson
Pettersson-Ruhwedal
Riikola-Recchi

Yes Mark Recchi since Gonchar wasn’t available and sadly that isn’t the most alarming thing, it is the fact Jack Johnson is on your top pairing!

There is still time for Gubberson to get there and slot in alongside JMFj on the top pair!

What do you think about that Ryan?
ryan-dzingel.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^And now Chris Wideman. :L

Talk about dumpster diving for D-men at the trade deadline.

My only theory is that GMJR got players that are worse than Jack Johnson so by that perception only makes him look better than he is.

Wideman's not great, but at least he might be able to make a pass every now and then.

I sincerely can't imagine looking at this team play hockey games and say to yourself, "Yes, what this team needs are bigger, slower defensemen who can't pass the puck."

Seriously, they do a fine job already getting in lanes and clearing the front of the net. Maybe not the best job, but a fine one. They run into their trouble after they get the puck and try to exit the zone. Until Schultz came back, Letang and Dumoulin were the only two who could make a good pass to exit the zone with control, or skate the puck out themselves with regularity. Maatta, Riikola, and Petterson can, but don't do it consistently. Johnson is just terrible at both.

This team didn't need to hit harder, they needed to pass better on the back end and in the neutral zone. Want to stop giving up goals? Build a d-corps who can retrieve and advance the puck. Get it to Crosby and Malkin up front.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sincerely can't imagine looking at this team play hockey games and say to yourself, "Yes, what this team needs are bigger, slower defensemen who can't pass the puck."

Well, maybe the moves at the deadline weren't the best, but good news... Brooks Orpik will likely be available at the end of the season.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sincerely can't imagine looking at this team play hockey games and say to yourself, "Yes, what this team needs are bigger, slower defensemen who can't pass the puck.

Youll accept the off the glass AND NOT OUT AND YOU’LL LIKE IT!!!

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wideman's not great, but at least he might be able to make a pass every now and then.

Seriously, they do a fine job already getting in lanes and clearing the front of the net. Maybe not the best job, but a fine one. They run into their trouble after they get the puck and try to exit the zone. Until Schultz came back, Letang and Dumoulin were the only two who could make a good pass to exit the zone with control, or skate the puck out themselves with regularity. Maatta, Riikola, and Petterson can, but don't do it consistently. Johnson is just terrible at both.

This team didn't need to hit harder, they needed to pass better on the back end and in the neutral zone. Want to stop giving up goals? Build a d-corps who can retrieve and advance the puck. Get it to Crosby and Malkin up front.
It's not just them, Kessel and Malkin have been horrible in controlling the puck in the neutral zone

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We didn't but unfortunately the GM did.

GMJR quote:

Getting the type of player that Gudbranson is was something we’ve talked about for a while. He wasn’t available, to my knowledge, until today. We are very pleased to bring Erik in to join our team. The nice thing about Erik is he’s a character guy, he’s a team guy. He’s going to help the room. He’s going to make guys feel more comfortable. He’s got experience playing in the league.

As for Wideman honestly if they just dealt for him I would have been perfectly fine with the trade deadline, with Letang day to day Wideman could fill in that role until he comes back but now with the large contract from Gudbranson they will be compelled to play him just like they feel the need to play Johnson.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should take the last two pages of posts here and resurrect the IRONy thread.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should take the last two pages of posts here and resurrect the IRONy thread.
From the post that I read on the Pens page right after both trades were announced, almost all of the feedback was negative. But hey you picked up guys playing on bad teams that were not heading to the playoffs. Anyone remember how bad Schultz was in Edmonton??

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Johnson just made a really nice play skating the puck up the ice, and what if he would do that every now and then instead of his usual get it off his stick as fast as possible play, which is how he turns the puck over so much. Every now and then he flashes the ability that made him a top draft pick, but it's like he doesn't realize he should be using it all the time or something, that he has to fill some role he sucks at instead.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Ruhwedel's hurt now, too, it appears. So that's great.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jackets realized this is essentially a playoff game around the start of the second period.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jackets realized this is essentially a playoff game around the start of the second period.
The Jackets got "Jack Johnson'ed" tonight with this over 26 minutes of ice time.

:behindsofa:

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved how Crosby picked Jones pocket on that empty netter, he had no idea Crosby was closing in!

Way too many injuries...

Status
Not open for further replies.