• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pittsburgh Penguin fans or not welcome here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PK is turning into a real weapon for the Penguins. I love that they're using Crosby and Guentzel on it now to generate some offense and control the puck on the kill, and not just collapse in the D-zone and try to keep the puck out of the net.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the ice had a lot to do with that today. The Blues were struggling similarly, and it was happening all over the ice, not just in the defensive zone. Looked to me like the puck was sticking up a lot.

They did it a number of times in the Detroit game also. It is part of Sullivan's coaching. He wants them to send the puck up ice as quick as they can and sometimes trying to make that perfect pass you miss.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did it a number of times in the Detroit game also. It is part of Sullivan's coaching. He wants them to send the puck up ice as quick as they can and sometimes trying to make that perfect pass you miss.
Yeah that system works well but a few of their d-men aren't suited for this style....ahem...Jack Johnson...ahem....
Riikola plays well in this style and it seems to pull it out of Maatta. Dumoulin and Letang do well together and Oleksiak plays it good enough and Petterson is adjusting well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that system works well but a few of their d-men aren't suited for this style....ahem...Jack Johnson...ahem....
Riikola plays well in this style and it seems to pull it out of Maatta. Dumoulin and Letang do well together and Oleksiak plays it good enough and Petterson is adjusting well.

Johnson has been mostly fine defensively, but everything falls apart when he's asked to outlet the puck. I was hoping this system would open up some of his offensive talent from his younger days, but it's only exposed the skills which have diminished.

I'd also really like to see the all-reach combination of Oleksiak and Petterson.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson has been mostly fine defensively, but everything falls apart when he's asked to outlet the puck. I was hoping this system would open up some of his offensive talent from his younger days, but it's only exposed the skills which have diminished.

I'd also really like to see the all-reach combination of Oleksiak and Petterson.

Yeah that is a major concern going forward with Johnson, it seems any bit of offensive talent/puck moving skills that was there is gone.

As for Oleksiak/Petterson if that is our 3rd d-pair going forward that will be fun to watch.
As for the Petterson/Sprong deal I am liking it more and more he is fitting in pretty well and glad it means Ruhwedel doesn't need to be used.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to get that 1st win on the road. But again the Pens easily could have lost again tonight. Still giving up way
too many great scoring chances.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tonight at Minnesota. while I like the wild any team coached by no neck, I love to beat!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck tonight fellas... :suds:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Phil Kessel get enough credit for how good of a passer he is? Beautiful pass to Sid for an easy tap-in on that Pens PP.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suter scores (but in the wrong net) - Give it to Phil the Thrill.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another ugly win tonight vs the Wild. we could have lost tonight 5-3 easy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kessel is starting to click a little with Pearson and Brassard. He's still kind of carrying that line, but they're gradually meshing better. Pens have a ton of finish right now, and with Murray and DeSmith both playing well in the net, they're overcoming other teams outplaying them otherwise.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kessel is starting to click a little with Pearson and Brassard. He's still kind of carrying that line, but they're gradually meshing better. Pens have a ton of finish right now, and with Murray and DeSmith both playing well in the net, they're overcoming other teams outplaying them otherwise.

Not only did Malkin score a goal but their secondary scoring is coming around very nicely.
Because of the Kessel/Pearson/Brassard line is clicking they again have 3 very good scoring lines.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have largely controlled play in this game, but it's really pointing out to me the trouble with the Penguins' defense isn't the defensemen. The forwards turn a lot of pucks over trying to exit the zone. And I'm pretty sure that's been the problem most of the season.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have largely controlled play in this game, but it's really pointing out to me the trouble with the Penguins' defense isn't the defensemen. The forwards turn a lot of pucks over trying to exit the zone. And I'm pretty sure that's been the problem most of the season.
The transition has not been smooth at all. The fact they are winning during this stretch is amazing in itself.

Also Pettersson does not look good with Johnson as a d-pairing, curious to see what Pettersson will look like with Schultz or Oleksiak when either comes back. So far I like his play overall when out there with others.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The transition has not been smooth at all. The fact they are winning during this stretch is amazing in itself.

Also Pettersson does not look good with Johnson as a d-pairing, curious to see what Pettersson will look like with Schultz or Oleksiak when either comes back. So far I like his play overall when out there with others.

Yeah, Johnson's just an anchor. No one's looked good paired with him, even Letang. I really hope to see Petterson and Oleksiak paired soon. They have pretty similar styles and skills, but Oleksiak's more risky. I'd like to see how that plays. I don't think you can split up Letang/Dumoulin or Maatta/Riikola right now.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Johnson's just an anchor. No one's looked good paired with him, even Letang. I really hope to see Petterson and Oleksiak paired soon. They have pretty similar styles and skills, but Oleksiak's more risky. I'd like to see how that plays. I don't think you can split up Letang/Dumoulin or Maatta/Riikola right now.

Yeah you can't. Those being your top 4 are playing very good. You can see the confidence in Letang offensively knowing Dumoulin will be in the right position and then Riikola compliments Maatta great with this speed and offensive ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.