• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pittsburgh Penguin fans or not welcome here

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is, will Crosby still be good at 35/36 years old? If not Guentzel's contract will look a lot like Matt Moulson's.

Unlike Malkin, Jake scores only 5 on 5 as he doesn't get PP time. He also plays with probably one of the hardest centers to play alongside and does great. Jakes contract is excellent. Well done by the Pens and great to have Jake on board.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reading about his stats and he is doing much better than other more well hyped players.
This was a great signing. now he can just play and get even better!

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riikola and then Aston-Reese

This is what the Penguins need, take some of the pressure off of Crosby and Malkin.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike Malkin, Jake scores only 5 on 5 as he doesn't get PP time. He also plays with probably one of the hardest centers to play alongside and does great. Jakes contract is excellent. Well done by the Pens and great to have Jake on board.

That is the point he plays well with Crosby and yes he is a very good player but if Crosby's game falls off in 2-3 years lets hope he still has the production playing along side lesser players.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riikola and then Aston-Reese

This is what the Penguins need, take some of the pressure off of Crosby and Malkin.

Malkin, incidentally, hasn't look good tonight. I don't know that he's looked dangerous with the puck all game.

Riikola needs to stay in the lineup. His shot is explosive, he's got a physical presence, and I think Maatta plays better when he's paired with him. Oleksiak needs to replace Jack Johnson.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the point he plays well with Crosby and yes he is a very good player but if Crosby's game falls off in 2-3 years lets hope he still has the production playing along side lesser players.

Guentzel creates for himself and is the clear most dangerous player on the second PP unit. He'll be fine even as Crosby ages, especially if he picks up some tricks from him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pearson-Brassard-Kessel line has been roughly even on the night, and they were great on Thursday. If that line gets a chemistry, they have the talent to be an impact line.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malkin, incidentally, hasn't look good tonight. I don't know that he's looked dangerous with the puck all game.

Riikola needs to stay in the lineup. His shot is explosive, he's got a physical presence, and I think Maatta plays better when he's paired with him. Oleksiak needs to replace Jack Johnson.

Of course, Geno scores right after I call him out.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is very true. Maatta seems to have a higher level of confidence playing along side of him. Not only the shot but he has speed which this unit lacks.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The more I see of RCCola the more I like him.

Even though that was a nice goal that Malkin scored, he seems to be missing something the whole last month.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray has been great lately, and that's huge. If he returns to his rookie form, this team is really dangerous, even if they don't tighten up the defense all the way. A good Murray means the Pens' talent up front can just out-finish the opponent.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guentzel creates for himself and is the clear most dangerous player on the second PP unit. He'll be fine even as Crosby ages, especially if he picks up some tricks from him.

Without a doubt and soon probably/should replace Hornqvist on the first unit.
Lets only hope he will be fine and trust me I think he will but there is too small a sample size playing without Crosby to know.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I see of RCCola the more I like him.

Even though that was a nice goal that Malkin scored, he seems to be missing something the whole last month.

The puck isn't sticking to his stick. The dangling isn't working, and I think he might be over-handling the puck a bit and costing himself the chance to make plays, maybe fighting himself a bit. It's creating a lot of turnovers, and a lot of those have been in bad spots. He needs to just take some shots for a bit until he gets his feel back instead of trying to create things.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt and soon probably/should replace Hornqvist on the first unit.
Lets only hope he will be fine and trust me I think he will but there is too small a sample size playing without Crosby to know.

I mean, as long as both are healthy and Penguins, they should never be split up. I don't know that anyone's been a better raw fit with Crosby in his entire career.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The puck isn't sticking to his stick. The dangling isn't working, and I think he might be over-handling the puck a bit and costing himself the chance to make plays, maybe fighting himself a bit. It's creating a lot of turnovers, and a lot of those have been in bad spots. He needs to just take some shots for a bit until he gets his feel back instead of trying to create things.
It is all mental with Malkin. Trying too hard to do the high risk plays, he needs to simplify and it will come back.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, as long as both are healthy and Penguins, they should never be split up. I don't know that anyone's been a better raw fit with Crosby in his entire career.
I totally agree that was my whole point. Also hope Crosby plays at this level for 5 more years. :suds:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not seeing many Blues games this was the first real time seeing Sundqvist play. Honestly not sure he would be a fit on the Penguins.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 5 game win streak is nice, but they are still turning the puck over too much in the defensive zone.

I think the ice had a lot to do with that today. The Blues were struggling similarly, and it was happening all over the ice, not just in the defensive zone. Looked to me like the puck was sticking up a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.