• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick your NFL MVP, based on odds.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostert and CMC are probably my two favorite odds that aren't Mahomes.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
non qb's basically never win unless the re-write the record book. Every non-qb is a cross out for me......

#Metoo. Given that, I'd go Dak, Rogers, and Ben. Dak is probably too high, and so is Wentz since you probably have to play in like 14 games to win it and he won't.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t fix accuracy

josh Allen will always have that “pretty good” ceiling IMO

Yep, will always be an issue......IMHO

I have an awesome Baker face hooded sweatshirt still with the tags on it cause I’m too embarrassed
i'll pay pal u a 5 spot for it

I will add I think he has a real HC this season

he was really being led by a guy that wouldn’t qualify as a good high school coach last year

agree on that point too, there is enough pedigree and signs of greatness to have some faith
I kind of think He stinks
lol

Solid point but these two guys will be shouldering the bulk of the offense which in turn could have a chance at re-writing history. It's a very small chance but as a non-QB NFL MVP those two would be my choice.

yes yes yes!

cant toss on a non qb, again,may just be me

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant toss on a non qb, again,may just be me
I kinda get what you're saying about QBs. There will likely be 3 or 4 QBs putting up crazy numbers next year and if that happens then no one will pick an RB. Picking an RB is basically saying that none of the Qbs will go nuts next year.

Its just Mostert having long odds is interesting because I get it from the fact that he has a low sample size and maybe he sits out *but* I think I see the flipside of this where the Niners just run him into the ground and he puts up one of those Terrell Davis kind of years in a system designed to make him look good.

CMC is as safe as an RB gets and has a new QB coming in thats known for winning games so he can get in the conversation but again...it would require something happening to Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Dak, Brees, and Watson. Its not hard to see one or two of those guys getting banged up in some way and one of those teams struggling but its hard to see all of them getting taken out of the MVP race.

Yeah, upon reflection its hard to pick a longshot player. Instead of picking three, just put all of your money on the QB you like the most. Splitting your money up on favorites won't net anything.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker Mayfield. I think people conveniently forget he was really damn good his rookie year. Not saying it happens, but if I wanted to bet value, he's up there.

:behindsofa:

If I am just being asked who wins straight up: Pretty much always will say Mahomes until proven wrong at this point

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t fix accuracy

josh Allen will always have that “pretty good” ceiling IMO
I think it's the easiest fix for a QB.

The one thing that can improve for an entire career. It's a skill more than a talent.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes
Brady
Mack

Kind of surprised not to See Rodgers on here? He may have something to prove?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The one thing that can improve for an entire career. It's a skill more than a talent.

I heard an interview with Scott Pioli, and he said nothing scares executives away from a college QB like accuracy issues because it’s not something that typically improves significantly

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a ton of qbs who fixed accuracy issues. Some, but not many.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's likely Mahomes or Wilson.
Mahomes, barring injury, will likely put up otherworldly numbers and is in the best situation a QB can be in.
Russell is actually geting noticed more now by the national media but Pete has to let him do his thing and get out of that 70's mentality of run, run, oh yeah, let's let RW bale us out on 3rd and 4th down. Sadly, I think PC is too stubborn and Wilson can't put up the numbers that most idiots think matter.
But if trying to cash in on longer odds, Mayfield could be a good choice. Lots of complimentary weapons, improved Oline and a real coach should turn him around if he can just shut up and concentrate on his job.
Dak will maybe be in the running but I'm not 100 % sold on Dak.
Rodgers name comes up every year but he looked different last year, despite the team winning.
Non QB. The only ones with a remote shot in hell might be CMC or Barkley but they would need massive numbers like 2400 combined yards, imo. And down years for QBs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's likely Mahomes or Wilson.
Mahomes, barring injury, will likely put up otherworldly numbers and is in the best situation a QB can be in.
Russell is actually geting noticed more now by the national media but Pete has to let him do his thing and get out of that 70's mentality of run, run, oh yeah, let's let RW bale us out on 3rd and 4th down. Sadly, I think PC is too stubborn and Wilson can't put up the numbers that most idiots think matter.
But if trying to cash in on longer odds, Mayfield could be a good choice. Lots of complimentary weapons, improved Oline and a real coach should turn him around if he can just shut up and concentrate on his job.
Dak will maybe be in the running but I'm not 100 % sold on Dak.
Rodgers name comes up every year but he looked different last year, despite the team winning.
Non QB. The only ones with a remote shot in hell might be CMC or Barkley but they would need massive numbers like 2400 combined yards, imo. And down years for QBs.
You know that Russ has never had a single mvp vote cast for him, crazy....

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes x3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odds are great but you have to look at it realistically, for a non-QB to win it in today's league this player has to set records and have off the chart numbers, as well as on a winning team.

No way Mostert is breaking records. His team could win though for sure.

I think CMC could break records. Would need better rushing numbers but is he going to be on a winning team? I venture to say, no.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard an interview with Scott Pioli, and he said nothing scares executives away from a college QB like accuracy issues because it’s not something that typically improves significantly
That's very smart, which makes it really fucking funny to me he thought Cassel was the guy. He's always going to be known by me as the guy who passed on Russell Wilson for Donald Stephenson when his QB situation was known to be a joke.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds are great but you have to look at it realistically, for a non-QB to win it in today's league this players has to set records and have off the chart numbers, as well as on a winning team.

No way Mostert is breaking records. His team could win though for sure.

I think CMC could break reocrds. Would need better rushing numbers but is he going to be on a winning team? I venture to say, no.
I guess what I'm seeing is that CMC could break records and Teddy Bridgewater wins games. Its not hard to think that Brees gets old, Falcons have no defense and Brady might certainly be too old. I'm not saying its something that will happen but CMC getting touches is almost a given so I think his MVP odds are pretty good for what it is.

Mostert's whole team is designed around a physical run game. I don't think its crazy to think that he could be this year's Derrick Henry.

But...yeah...just pick one of the top QBs. I wouldn't spread my money around on something like this.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only non-QB player I would POSSIBLY put odds on is Zeke...he's already led the league in rushing twice and could possibly do it again. Plus he has a talented team around him and they could win games.

Wildcards imo - Deshaun and Murray

Deshaun without Hopkins but he still has a nice offense around him, if he were to lead his team to 10+ victories and put up great numbers...he could get it. Same for Kyler...especially in that division and Hopkins.

So I would put money on Mahomes but more so as a bigger bet, probably 3 with greater odds would be:

Wilson +800
Dak +1400
Wentz +2000

I don't see many winning it outside those first couple unless...a RB has an amazing year and takes an underachieving team to the playoffs or like Rodgers/Brees/Mayfield,etc. has an incredible year we were expecting and wins 12-13 games and throws 40 TD's or semething.