• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick a scrap heap QB for me for Week 6.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is good luck with your choice - - the crowd seems split, all noting pluses and minuses for each. ....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta's D is shot, Cousins. Dalton as a backup plan

anyone vs ATL D seems like a good play to me
While this is true, now that the HC has been axed, this could change the team's motivation.
We just saw this transformation with Houston.
Texans were allowing an average of 30 points per game.
Post BOB, they only gave up 14. (More than half for the mathematically challenged.)

Atlanta has allowed an average of 32.2 points per game.
Post Quinn, it may not be a cakewalk.
Cousins has his issues.
He put up a pedestrian 18 points against a Seahawks defense that has given opposing fantasy QB an average of 32.7 points.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the same reason why those dudes are all available. While many of them are perfectly acceptable and can definitely throw numbers up there, they're also inconsistent as hell. And it doesnt necessarily follow "matchups", these guys can light up teams they shouldn't, just as easily as the suck ass against teams they should light up.

So my vote goes to Dalton, the one with the best weapons to use. IMHO, it gives him the highest floor.

Yeah, I think I will go with Dalton. I'm not going to use a waiver claim. The Dak owner also owns Cam, so I doubt he's looking at Dalton.

You're right. Dalton has the 3 stud receivers, and with Dallas's D, they might need to throw a lot.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is good luck with your choice - - the crowd seems split, all noting pluses and minuses for each. ....

It's just a one week thing while my stud QB Herbert is having his bye week moved up to next week because of COVID. I think any of these guys can safely give me 15 points to get me through Week 6 and hopefully to 6-0.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this is true, now that the HC has been axed, this could change the team's motivation.
We just saw this transformation with Houston.
Texans were allowing an average of 30 points per game.
Post BOB, they only gave up 14. (More than half for the mathematically challenged.)

Atlanta has allowed an average of 32.2 points per game.
Post Quinn, it may not be a cakewalk.
Cousins has his issues.
He put up a pedestrian 18 points against a Seahawks defense that has given opposing fantasy QB an average of 32.7 points.

I know you watched that Falcons secondary against the Bears.....you think that group of practice squad players will really turn that D around within 1wk of the HC and GM getting canned?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you watched that Falcons secondary against the Bears.....you think that group of practice squad players will really turn that D around within 1wk of the HC and GM getting canned?
Sometimes the biggest help to the defense is if the offense controls the ball better. Almost every series in the Bears-Falcons game in the second half was a 3-and-out for Atlanta. No defense can stay on the field that long.

C'mon... its Cousins, man.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only QB is Justin Herbert, and I just found out that the Chargers will be on bye next week instead of Week 10 because of the schedule changes that the NFL had to make. Herbert looks really promising, so I have abandoned my QB streaming strategy and will keep Herbert on my roster.

I think the only things not accurate in this screenshot are that Denver is playing NE next week and the Jets and Dolphins are playing each other. Who do we like? I'm thinking Cousins v. ATL or Fitzmagic v. the Jets.

View attachment 255654
Fitz will get you 14-30.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minshew against Detroit

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minshew against Detroit

He's probably the best runner out of this esteemed group of streaming QB's that we're talking about, so I might pick Minshew for that reason.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If matchups were equal, I'd pick Burrow, but Indy has one of the best defenses in the league.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If matchups were equal, I'd pick Burrow, but Indy has one of the best defenses in the league.

agreed, and we just saw what the rookie Burrow does vs good defenses yesterday, and it was ugly
he looks good so far overall though, have to expect some bumps in the road in the beginning, especially this year

think he's got a great shot at being a locked in every week fantasy starter in the future, but ravens just ate him up

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my opponent's WR's is Amari Cooper. I picked up Minshew this morning to replace Herbert for his bye. Would it be smart to go with the Red Rifle instead because any TD Cooper scores will also give me 4 points? Although, I do kinda hate waiting until Monday for my bye week replacement QB to play, given the COVID possibilities and all.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude. Though based on the waiver order, that owner probably wasn’t doing too well.

Maybe keep the Dallas theme and go get the Red Reject.

It's all good. I picked up Minshew to sub in for Herbert, although I'm considering Cousins because everyone scores big on the Falcons. Hopefully, QB choice doesn't make or break me this week. I'm relying on my core of AROB, Ridley, Hunt, Kittle, and Mostert, and an assist from super handcuff Mattison to help with the Kamara bye. I'm facing the Cook owner this week, so a huge Mattison game will feel really good.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that Minshew is doing much better, but Cousins looks like a train wreck so far based on stats, 3 picks in the first half!!!

Me: Falcons D is in shambles, everyone putting up big pts

Cousins: hold my beer........

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked up Rivers in a league when NE had a new positive test.
Wish I went the next step and just started him.
Cam is killing me

I did start Fitz over Cam in D1

So far, starting Ben over Tannehill has been a bad decision.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that Minshew is doing much better, but Cousins looks like a train wreck so far based on stats, 3 picks in the first half!!!

Cousins came through as a garbage time hero for us.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You.... like...... that?