• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PHuck Seattle, this is some weak shit

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, so entirely skip the points that the Broncos are doing it too (so it's not a bitch move by Seattle, but rather whoever came up with whatever the reason is that both remaining home teams are using) and that you weren't going to get any tickets anyway so this did NOTHING to prevent SF fans from coming up. You were going to get tickets from stubhub either way.

Why did you skip those? Because it ruins the creepy seahawk narrative.

I only postulated a reason. I haven't read anything about why they did it. Don't like it? Well it isn't as strange as an attempt to prevent fans from the opponent from coming when bots buy all available tickets anyway.

I know several people who tried to get tickets to the Saints game who couldn't get any and have already heard the same thing about this one. Real people just don't get tickets to events like this without the secondary market. That's a fact.

Ha ha. You sound like a little kid: "but mom, Billy's doing it too..."

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha. You sound like a little kid: "but mom, Billy's doing it too..."

Which doesn't respond to that point does it? If Seattle isn't the only organization doing it then how can it be 'the creepy seahawks'?

And that was the more minor of the two points anyway. No one can deny they weren't going to get a ticket online anyway. Bots have been dominating that market for years. Anyone here ever been able to get a ticket to an event like this off ticketmaster? I'm sure if you did you celebrated that feat because it's rare.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ok, so entirely skip the points that the Broncos are doing it too (so it's not a bitch move by Seattle, but rather whoever came up with whatever the reason is that both remaining home teams are using) and that you weren't going to get any tickets anyway so this did NOTHING to prevent SF fans from coming up. You were going to get tickets from stubhub either way.

Why did you skip those? Because it ruins the creepy seahawk narrative.

I only postulated a reason. I haven't read anything about why they did it. Don't like it? Well it isn't as strange as an attempt to prevent fans from the opponent from coming when bots buy all available tickets anyway.

I know several people who tried to get tickets to the Saints game who couldn't get any and have already heard the same thing about this one. Real people just don't get tickets to events like this without the secondary market. That's a fact.

Not sure who used the word "creepy." It's not the one I would go with. I'm leaning more towards, "cute," "amusing," "insecure." The fact that Denver is also espousing this practice doesn't in any way vindicate that Hawks' decision. It just shows that the Broncos are also very nervous about the game. Can't blame them, either. Brady vs. Manning typically hasn't gone well for Manning....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which doesn't respond to that point does it? If Seattle isn't the only organization doing it then how can it be 'the creepy seahawks'?

And that was the more minor of the two points anyway. No one can deny they weren't going to get a ticket online anyway. Bots have been dominating that market for years. Anyone here ever been able to get a ticket to an event like this off ticketmaster? I'm sure if you did you celebrated that feat because it's rare.

No one cares about a ticket, we are simply astounded at the paranoia and fear that permeates the landscape up their in Seattle. I'm shocked that they would even think of this, much less admit to it. They look weak in doing this. As someone summed it up succinctly earlier, "It's a bitch move".

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Let's just go with another c-word: cowardly. I don't see anything creepy. I do see a team that is afraid of seeing its single greatest advantage compromised.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who used the word "creepy." It's not the one I would go with. I'm leaning more towards, "cute," "amusing," "insecure." The fact that Denver is also espousing this practice doesn't in any way vindicate that Hawks' decision. It just shows that the Broncos are also very nervous about the game. Can't blame them, either. Brady vs. Manning typically hasn't gone well for Manning....

I did. The paranoia and the "everyone's against us" attitude" is creepy.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one cares about a ticket, we are simply astounded at the paranoia and fear that permeates the landscape up their in Seattle. I'm shocked that they would even think of this, much less admit to it. They look weak in doing this. As someone summed it up succinctly earlier, "It's a bitch move".

How is it paranoid if you weren't going to get those tickets anyway? Have any of you ever been able to get through ticketmaster for an event? Our own local fans, who were not prevented from having access, are saying they didn't get in either. The bots always get nearly every ticket to sell on the secondary market. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

That tells me your base is using this as a reason to hate on a team you already have more than enough reasons to hate without having to make things up.

This is a non issue. No one was reducing the ticket footprint to prevent SF fans from coming up. That just wasn't the reason.

Don't believe me? Google ticket bots and see for yourself. California enacted legislation to deal with this just a couple of months ago and I'm sure other states either have or will do the same.

You just weren't getting a first hand ticket even without this restriction.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/27/business/media/bots-that-siphon-off-tickets-frustrate-concert-promoters.html

This is about concerts, but points out the same problem. A few key lines here:
Bots are not kicked off the system, but rather “speedbumped” — slowed down, sent to the end of the line or given some other means of interference, to allow a regular customer through.

“We’re not trying to stop anybody from buying tickets,” Mr. Carnahan said. “We’re just trying to make sure that a fan can buy the tickets.”
So they have a team trying to 'slow it down' and are not interested in stopping it. Simply requiring users to type out one of those visual codes you get on nearly every other site would all but stop it wouldn't it? And yet they don't.
Ticketing bots are often inexpensive and programmed in countries beyond easy reach of American law enforcement.
So while ticketmaster may not have any real interest in stopping bots, those using their services can attempt to at least lock out the worst overseas ones by limiting your footprint of sales. Why not all states then? I don't know. Ask them.

It still suggests to me that you weren't going to get tickets anyway and I'm sure the reason to limit the scope of sales had nothing to do with preventing opponents from coming for the game.

Those of you buying tickets on stubhub (fairly small markups so far) enjoy your trip up here and I hope our fans are at least civil to you no matter the outcome.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/27/business/media/bots-that-siphon-off-tickets-frustrate-concert-promoters.html

This is about concerts, but points out the same problem. A few key lines here:

So they have a team trying to 'slow it down' and are not interested in stopping it. Simply requiring users to type out one of those visual codes you get on nearly every other site would all but stop it wouldn't it? And yet they don't.

So while ticketmaster may not have any real interest in stopping bots, those using their services can attempt to at least lock out the worst overseas ones by limiting your footprint of sales. Why not all states then? I don't know. Ask them.

It still suggests to me that you weren't going to get tickets anyway and I'm sure the reason to limit the scope of sales had nothing to do with preventing opponents from coming for the game.

Those of you buying tickets on stubhub (fairly small markups so far) enjoy your trip up here and I hope our fans are at least civil to you no matter the outcome.

I don't have to ask them. The answer is staring everyone in the face. The reason I am amused and not outraged is precisely because of the reasons you mention: the odds were low of getting tix either way. But it is funny the team felt compelled to fight the big, bad bots in this fashion.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was online at 9:59am this morning on the webpage and it said tickets were not yet available. Right when my computer clock turned to 10am I refreshed the page and tried to get 2 tickets that were "best available" with no other restrictions, basically anywhere in the stadium. It told me that no tickets met my criteria, it took me about 90 seconds to get to that page because of loading times. Bots snatched them up. So continue your feigned outrage if you want but the real travesty is that if any of us real fans want to buy tickets we will have to pay 200% face value on the secondary market so talentless middlemen can get money for nothing

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was online at 9:59am this morning on the webpage and it said tickets were not yet available. Right when my computer clock turned to 10am I refreshed the page and tried to get 2 tickets that were "best available" with no other restrictions, basically anywhere in the stadium. It told me that no tickets met my criteria, it took me about 90 seconds to get to that page because of loading times. Bots snatched them up. So continue your feigned outrage if you want but the real travesty is that if any of us real fans want to buy tickets we will have to pay 200% face value on the secondary market so talentless middlemen can get money for nothing

No disagreement here. It's unfortunate that's the reality, and it seems like such an easy thing to prevent.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it paranoid if you weren't going to get those tickets anyway? Have any of you ever been able to get through ticketmaster for an event? Our own local fans, who were not prevented from having access, are saying they didn't get in either. The bots always get nearly every ticket to sell on the secondary market. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

That tells me your base is using this as a reason to hate on a team you already have more than enough reasons to hate without having to make things up.

This is a non issue. No one was reducing the ticket footprint to prevent SF fans from coming up. That just wasn't the reason.

Don't believe me? Google ticket bots and see for yourself. California enacted legislation to deal with this just a couple of months ago and I'm sure other states either have or will do the same.

You just weren't getting a first hand ticket even without this restriction.

No one with a California address can buy a ticket? You ask how that is paranoid? C'mon now. Those big bad Californians might buy up all the tickets and come up from their big bad state and disrupt the only tolerable thing we have going in the entire state of Washington. That is paranoia at its most creepy.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbs is on Seattle's side. He respects their move. I guess I'm just too much of a free market guy.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So all this Seahawk paranoia was for nothing? The best Seahawk minds could not prevent bots from taking over the site? LOL!

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you that are over reacting do realize this doesn't matter at all, right? It's not like we're sitting up here saying "Oh good, now we can all snatch up all the tickets we want." None of the 12th Man faithful are going to be able to buy any either the way these things go.

When everyone you know clicks to buy any available ticket and 10 seconds later everything's sold out for every regular season game, you know you've been duped. It's all the bots that buy up everything in under a second that screws everyone and makes us all rely on the secondary market.

Again, it wouldn't matter if this policy didn't exist. None of you would be able to buy a ticket tomorrow morning either and neither will any of us.

Re-title this thread "Phuck Ticketmaster"

So which is it, you're trying to limit scalpers, or you're ABSOLUTELY ENABLING scalpers?

Astonish us with your briliance, retard.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole reason for limiting the sales was to cut down on scalping. So if the prices on stubhub actually do go up, that simply means that the people who actually bought tickets on the primary market are actually going to the game and not reselling them to make a profit.

Its a sad reality that bots buy up all of these tickets in seconds and then resells the lot of em at 400%+ mark up. Anything that curbs their ability to bully us out of a fair opportunity to buy tickets at face value is A-OK with me

It can't be both, dumbass.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's paranoid creepy about wanting to make sure YOUR FAN base get's the tickets…?? That is what home field advantage is after all… College teams do it all the time as a matter of fact they have designated seating for visitors and so many tickets they can purchase… Nothing creepy about that in anyway shape or form..

Maybe the Seahawks should go play college teams. They might be able to win a championship that way.

But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Anybody defending this tactic is fucktarded. What's worse is trying to convince the rational side that they're the idiots.