• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PHuck Seattle, this is some weak shit

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any idea how many tickets we're actually talking about?
I have no idea, but just guessing there had to be a few thousand. I'm in the Blue Pride, which is the waiting list for season tickets and we actually had a priority chance to purchase as well. There are 12,000 Blue Pride positions and there were tickets sold to non-members after that priority that I know about as well, so I don't think we're talking about 200 tickets or something miniscule like that.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that ticket sales to the NFCCG is limited in ANY way is absurd and reeks of insecurity. I have NEVER heard this being done at the pro level and it is flat out bush league.

I know SEA organization can do what it is they want, but this is a flat out dick move. The Niners have hosted a few NFCCG and they have never done anything even remotely close to this stunt.

Signs and banners are one thing. Excluding a fan base by limited how tickets are bought is bullshit.

hawkturnal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that ticket sales to the NFCCG is limited in ANY way is absurd and reeks of insecurity. I have NEVER heard this being done at the pro level and it is flat out bush league.

I know SEA organization can do what it is they want, but this is a flat out dick move. The Niners have hosted a few NFCCG and they have never done anything even remotely close to this stunt.

Signs and banners are one thing. Excluding a fan base by limited how tickets are bought is bullshit.

Win more games and your team can do what they want....

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win more games and your team can do what they want....

See, that's the thing. We HAVE hosted NFCCG before and there hasn't ever been any limit to how tickets are sold.

Maybe your team should act like they have been here before, huh?

hawkturnal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, that's the thing. We HAVE hosted NFCCG before and there hasn't ever been any limit to how tickets are sold.

Maybe your team should act like they have been here before, huh?
We have been here before and we won......just sayin....

hawkturnal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And did your franchise limit ticket sales then too? I'm guessing no. So is this organizational douchey-ness something new?
Seahawks are leaders not followers....I wouldn't be surprised if this is something new.......and i wouldn't be surprised if the Niners do something like this next time they have a chance.....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all the Broncos are doing the exact same thing. Still outraged? I'm sure they aren't strange or creepy for doing it too right?

Second of all, no one was going to dial in or type in on ticketmaster and get a ticket anyway. These events sell out in a couple of minutes and are so overran by bots that an actual human has maybe a 1 in 1000 chance of getting a ticket? Probably far worse.

There is ZERO chance this was designed to prevent opponent fans from getting access to the tickets. It was far more likely to help cut down on fraud by at least requiring the bots to have local valid accounts to have access to the tickets.

The bot problem is severe and not limited to football or sports in general. Tried to get a ticket to a hot concert lately? I don't know if this does anything to curtail it, but it is the bot problem fans should be rising up against and not some phony outrage over something that had no real impact on them anyway.

The villain here is TicketMaster and not the teams. They don't care if actual fans have any access to buying tickets first hand. They are entirely content with making their fees fast and leaving you to buy off the secondary market.

If you want to hate, at least hate the right people.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all the Broncos are doing the exact same thing. Still outraged? I'm sure they aren't strange or creepy for doing it too right?

Second of all, no one was going to dial in or type in on ticketmaster and get a ticket anyway. These events sell out in a couple of minutes and are so overran by bots that an actual human has maybe a 1 in 1000 chance of getting a ticket? Probably far worse.

There is ZERO chance this was designed to prevent opponent fans from getting access to the tickets. It was far more likely to help cut down on fraud by at least requiring the bots to have local valid accounts to have access to the tickets.

The bot problem is severe and not limited to football or sports in general. Tried to get a ticket to a hot concert lately? I don't know if this does anything to curtail it, but it is the bot problem fans should be rising up against and not some phony outrage over something that had no real impact on them anyway.

The villain here is TicketMaster and not the teams. They don't care if actual fans have any access to buying tickets first hand. They are entirely content with making their fees fast and leaving you to buy off the secondary market.

If you want to hate, at least hate the right people.

So please explain how they come up with the geographical conditions excluding 43 other states, including CA, home of the visiting team?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So please explain how they come up with the geographical conditions excluding 43 other states, including CA, home of the visiting team?
Who cares?

Let's say you got to buy a ticket for $200 at the cheapest. Then you have to either buy a plane ticket for ~$200, a hotel room ~$100 a night, food, transportation....

You're obviously not pinching pennies if you're one who's actually able to purchase tickets and travel expenses and not someone just whining on the internet when they had no intention of buying a ticket anyway.

So, just pay another $150 or so and get a ticket then pay the rest of the money you already would have to come see the game. It's really not that big of a deal but some of you just have to whine about it anyway because "Seahawks :bawling:"

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a bitch move, plain and simple. Am I outraged by it? Not really. More amused than anything. I tried to get tix from the source for the Niners' NFC Championship game in 2012 - while living in Seattle, incidentally - and didn't come close to getting them. Had to go to the secondary market. Other than for season ticket holders, and likely for many of them, that's the only way to do it.

That said, I don't see how this is going to limit "bots" at all. That seems like a far-fetched story made up by fans or the organization to cover up a transparent attempt to skew the breakdown of fans. Let's just call a spade a spade. The organization thinks the 12th man needs a little help. It's hard to blame them.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

Let's say you got to buy a ticket for $200 at the cheapest. Then you have to either buy a plane ticket for ~$200, a hotel room ~$100 a night, food, transportation....

You're obviously not pinching pennies if you're one who's actually able to purchase tickets and travel expenses and not someone just whining on the internet when they had no intention of buying a ticket anyway.

So, just pay another $150 or so and get a ticket then pay the rest of the money you already would have to come see the game. It's really not that big of a deal but some of you just have to whine about it anyway because "Seahawks :bawling:"

I do ok but I'm not made of money and if I don't have to spend another $150 minimum per ticket if I don't have to, which I have never had to do for any other playoff game. But make no mistake about it, I will be going.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bitch move, plain and simple. Am I outraged by it? Not really. More amused than anything. I tried to get tix from the source for the Niners' NFC Championship game in 2012 - while living in Seattle, incidentally - and didn't come close to getting them. Had to go to the secondary market. Other than for season ticket holders, and likely for many of them, that's the only way to do it.

That said, I don't see how this is going to limit "bots" at all. That seems like a far-fetched story made up by fans or the organization to cover up a transparent attempt to skew the breakdown of fans. Let's just call a spade a spade. The organization thinks the 12th man needs a little help. It's hard to blame them.

:agree:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do ok but I'm not made of money and if I don't have to spend another $150 minimum per ticket if I don't have to, which I have never had to do for any other playoff game. But make no mistake about it, I will be going.

Yeah, my wife - AKA the greatest woman ever - was trying to convince me to go. Just out of the budget, though. As said above, I splurged to go to the Giants game two years ago. Can't make a habit of blowing $800+ on a Niners game.

That said, tix from SF to Seattle are (or were last night) super cheap right now. So if anyone is on the fence, book a flight now!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It reeks of paranoia and fear. It also makes them look like fools to the rest of the NFL. I like it!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah we have so much trouble selling out games... :rollseyes:

Please try to be more realistic. The fact is whatever the purpose of the policy was, it worked. I know actual human beings who were able to purchase tickets this morning the way Ticketmaster is supposed to work. Every other time I've tried to buy tickets, including trying to buy any ticket for any regular season game when they were first on sale to the public, every single ticket was sold out within seconds. That's thousands of tickets multiplied by 8 games. That's literally impossible without software claiming the tickets within a matter of seconds.

Keep whining all you want, but if an extra $150 is going to break you you shouldn't be buying NFC Championship tickets and traveling to go anyway so you don't have a valid argument.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It reeks of paranoia and fear. It also makes them look like fools to the rest of the NFL. I like it!
No it doesn't. The only people butthurt are you guys. And the Broncos did the same thing, so there's a good possibility this was an NFL decision, not just a team decision. You really think two teams had the exact same "new" idea at the same time? :noidea:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't. The only people butthurt are you guys. And the Broncos did the same thing, so there's a good possibility this was an NFL decision, not just a team decision. You really think two teams had the exact same "new" idea at the same time? :noidea:

The insecurity and paranoia are very disturbing. Every little bit of lack of confidence works in the 49ers favor. I like it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, so entirely skip the points that the Broncos are doing it too (so it's not a bitch move by Seattle, but rather whoever came up with whatever the reason is that both remaining home teams are using) and that you weren't going to get any tickets anyway so this did NOTHING to prevent SF fans from coming up. You were going to get tickets from stubhub either way.

Why did you skip those? Because it ruins the creepy seahawk narrative.

I only postulated a reason. I haven't read anything about why they did it. Don't like it? Well it isn't as strange as an attempt to prevent fans from the opponent from coming when bots buy all available tickets anyway.

I know several people who tried to get tickets to the Saints game who couldn't get any and have already heard the same thing about this one. Real people just don't get tickets to events like this without the secondary market. That's a fact.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah we have so much trouble selling out games... :rollseyes:

Please try to be more realistic. The fact is whatever the purpose of the policy was, it worked. I know actual human beings who were able to purchase tickets this morning the way Ticketmaster is supposed to work. Every other time I've tried to buy tickets, including trying to buy any ticket for any regular season game when they were first on sale to the public, every single ticket was sold out within seconds. That's thousands of tickets multiplied by 8 games. That's literally impossible without software claiming the tickets within a matter of seconds.

Keep whining all you want, but if an extra $150 is going to break you you shouldn't be buying NFC Championship tickets and traveling to go anyway so you don't have a valid argument.

I'm not whining. I'm chuckling. Obviously the game was going to be sold out either way. The only question is what proportion of fans will be Seattle fans vs. Niner fans? That's where I'd want help if I were the organization. Not that the stadium won't be rocking either way, but Seattle clearly wants all the advantages the stadium will give them. And rightfully so. They're facing a very dangerous opponent.

And your $150 argument is just plain stupid.