• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies fire assistant GM Wolever.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems that Amaro blames him for all the problems, Well I guess that fixes everything!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolever? Never heard of him. Not like anyone gave him any credit when the Phillies were good. I'm not sure he ever really existed as an "Assistant GM". He's probably some unemployed alcoholic Ruben cleaned up, stuck a suit on and brought in to take the fall for him. He probably asked Amaro what to tell people his name is and Rube said "Whatever". Being a highly educated bum he changed it to Wolever to make it sound more realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolever was one of three assistant GMS. He was in charge of the amateur draft. He drafted Howard, Hamels, Crawford and Nola just to name a few. He is being used as a scapegoat by the worst GM in baseball.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolever? Never heard of him. Not like anyone gave him any credit when the Phillies were good. I'm not sure he ever really existed as an "Assistant GM". He's probably some unemployed alcoholic Ruben cleaned up, stuck a suit on and brought in to take the fall for him. He probably asked Amaro what to tell people his name is and Rube said "Whatever". Being a highly educated bum he changed it to Wolever to make it sound more realistic.

even though Wolever had joined the organization in 1992.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea this is so bogus it reeks puke of Boobens. I am not sure why, but if the frikin' braindead owner can't see that his frikin' braindead GM doesn't even understand the basic tenants of baseball like on-base percentage and is effing this franchise up so badly it'll take more than a few years to get out of the hole he's dug for this club, then he can believe this latest fairy tale concocted by that flippin' idiot Boobens and he deserves to spend the foreseeable future in the cellar.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea this is so bogus it reeks puke of Boobens. I am not sure why, but if the frikin' braindead owner can't see that his frikin' braindead GM doesn't even understand the basic tenants of baseball like on-base percentage and is effing this franchise up so badly it'll take more than a few years to get out of the hole he's dug for this club, then he can believe this latest fairy tale concocted by that flippin' idiot Boobens and he deserves to spend the foreseeable future in the cellar.

I feel your pain retro. I am glad the season is over. I hope for better things to come!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just announced! All other Phillies personnel will be back next season. Whoopee!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What boggles the mind is that Boobens would even consider the notion that the fans would buy this bullshit. That is the degree of insanity and fog this braindead idiot operates in. It is completely unimaginable. Makes me want to beat the guy within an inch of his life and drown the owner outright for letting it continue. Frikin' idiots!!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they fire the scouting director, Marti Wolever, they need to evaluate the team of scouts he's responsible for, because those scouts have obviously missed many excellent high school and college players in the last few years who have hitting talent but are missing from our minor league system, and have gone on to sign with other MLB teams. Scouts may be like many players; they're hot for 7 or 8 years, then they eat too much, get lazy, and forget how to do their friggen jobs effectively.