• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philadelphia Phillies 2024 Baseball Season

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think jvett is the closest to the truth when it comes to prognostications for the future. The Phillies were a .500 ballclub in the second-half of the season this year. That just about sums it all up for losing to the Mutts in a faceplant style. This article has some ideas as to where to place the blame but basically, a goodly portion of the order took their turns not hitting and it was obvious to everyone in baseball except maybe the Phillies.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still searching for answers, I looked at Phils hitting coach, Keven Long. But you just can't find a more qualified coach than Long. College World Series at Arizona, hitting coach Yankees (2007–14), New York Mets (2015–17), and Washington Nationals (2018–21), helping each team to hitting records, along several pennants with 2009 WS, 2019 WS.

It's gotta be the players. Injuries contributed, but the Mets had and played with Injuries as all teams do. The Mets simply must be the better team, by far. They slammed the Phils in the 4-game series in NY in September 3-1 where Phils hit .175 in the 3 losses as I stated on page 234, then amazingly, did the same in the NLDS where Phils again lost 3 of 4, and hit .170s again, but in all 4 games. Yikes! :drink:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the real problem with these Dildoes is between the ears, jvett. As you extensively noted, all the logistics have been provided for them to get the best results and they simply left the arena, mentally. When they want to play, the order is pretty stout, but when they don't, they suck.

They proved that often, especially in the second half of the season. That Pittsburgh series right before the All-Star break was telling. After the All-Star break the Dildoes took over and they were mentally elsewhere in many winnable series.

I think you are spot on, jvett. I don't think they will comeback next year with any sort of consistent fire and a willingness to go the distance to gain a championship. I think they are just going to show-up for a paycheck and that will be the extent of their upcoming season.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the real problem with these Dildoes is between the ears, jvett. As you extensively noted, all the logistics have been provided for them to get the best results and they simply left the arena, mentally. When they want to play, the order is pretty stout, but when they don't, they suck.

They proved that often, especially in the second half of the season. That Pittsburgh series right before the All-Star break was telling. After the All-Star break the Dildoes took over and they were mentally elsewhere in many winnable series.

I think you are spot on, jvett. I don't think they will comeback next year with any sort of consistent fire and a willingness to go the distance to gain a championship. I think they are just going to show-up for a paycheck and that will be the extent of their upcoming season.

"between the ears", that's it! That explains it all. Neither Thomson nor Long have any medicine for that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want a chronicle of this season and its ending demise, this article is close. More of the same. With all of this high-priced talent, the Dildoes are mentally feeble and prone to laziness. They are not mentally tough and probably won't be next year either.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Phillies have done a good job in the free agents that they brought in, even though they overpaid some. But the core, i.e. "daycare" were good, but not World Series winning good. Maybe they'll get better, maybe they won't. When does Justin Crawford get here?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Phillies have done a good job in the free agents that they brought in, even though they overpaid some. But the core, i.e. "daycare" were good, but not World Series winning good. Maybe they'll get better, maybe they won't. When does Justin Crawford get here?
Yup Stott, Marsh, Bohm didn't do anything second half.

We need two of them performing to be a playoff level team. But the top paid guys didn't do enough either.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article covers most of the topics and concerns for the upcoming season but the biggest question that nobody knows the answer to is: Will any of this make a difference in 2025 to propel the Phillies/Dildoes to actually want to win a championship in 2025??