• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philadelphia Phillies 2023 Baseball Season

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some griping on the pregame and me about Thomson benching Stott and Marsh (who had two homers the night before), but the replacements at the back of the lineup, Harrison, Sosa, and Pache had 4 hits, 4 runs and 3 RBIs, indicating that the roster is strong and well managed. With Castellanos having a great year and Harper sure to heat up, I think the Phils can win 95 this season vs last year's 87 despite the inconsistent pitching problems. No choice but to get hyped up and we're not yet at the halfway point.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some griping on the pregame and me about Thomson benching Stott and Marsh (who had two homers the night before), but the replacements at the back of the lineup, Harrison, Sosa, and Pache had 4 hits, 4 runs and 3 RBIs, indicating that the roster is strong and well managed. With Castellanos having a great year and Harper sure to heat up, I think the Phils can win 95 this season vs last year's 87 despite the inconsistent pitching problems. No choice but to get hyped up and we're not yet at the halfway point.
Agree with all this except Harp. Think we have to accept he may not have his power this year coming back so quickly from elbow surgery. He has a violent swing but it seems like he can’t replicate that right now. I hope he doesn’t get voted into the All Star game . I think he would be best served utilizing the time away. Ranger has been a revelation. If the playoff started today he would get the ball in Game 2 for me. Of course Wheeler is Game 1. Depends on how they finish but I’m thinking Walker over Nola right now. Nola has to get the stretch figured out. It’s like he’s two different pitchers nobody on/ men on.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees Domingo German tossed a perfect game at hapless .256 Oakland last night, first one in 11 years.
And hope for Nola haha. German had been scuttling this season up until last night.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great call by McCarthy. The Nats "may have seen something with Gore"..... Yeah they saw him give up 7 runs in 3 innings

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oy vey. I know they had a great June and they’re starting to right the ship but you can’t lose a home series to the freakin Nats.

I like the gains Marsh as made at the plate but he’s been too inconsistent in CF. Maybe some of that gets fixed when they can get Bryce on the field and Schwarber to DH so Marsh isn’t having to play 1.5 positions defensively to make up for Schwarber’s inability to get to balls.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nola was on fire. The Phillies are blowing up like a bottle rocket in Jason Pierre-Paul's hand.
I’m hanging my hat on 2 of the last 3 Nola starts. But if I’m being honest, success comes for him avoiding the stretch. It’s mind boggling how a pro like Nola and competent coaches can’t get him figured out in the stretch. His pitches seem to lose life when he’s in the stretch. The fastball loses 1-2 MPH. The curve ball gets flat. Etc…

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys prefer they do at the trade deadline? For me, I want starting pitching. I would be willing to deal Abel and McGarry in a package to bring back a dude on a small market team that could slot into Nola’s role behind Wheeler. I’m already thinking about next year. Would rather the Phillies pay this hypothetical guy than to pay Nola.

If they go for a bat, I want it to be an OF bat. I’m banking on Harper being ready to play 1B after the All Star break. Put Harp at 1B, move Schwarber to DH and insert new dude into LF.

And as always…you can never get enough pen. I like the back end options for innings 7 through 9 being able to mix and match with quality RH and LH arms. LH Soto and Alvarado. RH Seranthony and Kimbrel. Feel like the Phil’s have two quality set up man arms (Seranthony and Soto) and two quality closers (Alvarado and Kimbrel). But you can always improve upon Brogdan Bellotti Marte Hoffman types to help you bridge a short start to the back of your pen.

What do you guys think? My post sucks because I haven’t researched any possible names that could be available just a “type” of player.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys prefer they do at the trade deadline? For me, I want starting pitching. I would be willing to deal Abel and McGarry in a package to bring back a dude on a small market team that could slot into Nola’s role behind Wheeler. I’m already thinking about next year. Would rather the Phillies pay this hypothetical guy than to pay Nola.

If they go for a bat, I want it to be an OF bat. I’m banking on Harper being ready to play 1B after the All Star break. Put Harp at 1B, move Schwarber to DH and insert new dude into LF.

And as always…you can never get enough pen. I like the back end options for innings 7 through 9 being able to mix and match with quality RH and LH arms. LH Soto and Alvarado. RH Seranthony and Kimbrel. Feel like the Phil’s have two quality set up man arms (Seranthony and Soto) and two quality closers (Alvarado and Kimbrel). But you can always improve upon Brogdan Bellotti Marte Hoffman types to help you bridge a short start to the back of your pen.

What do you guys think? My post sucks because I haven’t researched any possible names that could be available just a “type” of player.
Thos all seem like good upgrades. A couple names I've seen are Stroman and Goldschmidt. I guess Goldie just has a couple years left in his contract so they could stick him at first if Harper can play the outfield next year. I don't know how realistic that one is but Goldschmidt is or at least was a very good fielder.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs? Playoffs! Finally in line for the last wild card.
Walker didn’t have a great stat line but he really battled and pitched well the 4th through 7th.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s time to talk about how tremendous Stott has been. Personally, I think that they should swap Turner and Stott at SS/2B. After seeing a ton of Turner it’s clear to me that Stott is the better defensive SS.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need some runs here fellas

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now I forgive them for dropping 2 of 3 to Nats

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a fun summer Friday night. 13 in a row on the road!