• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PFF on NFL offensive lines: OT pass blocking efficiency ratings

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFC West offensive tackles who are in their BOTTOM 20:

AZ - Jeremy Bridges (56th)
AZ - Levi Brown (60th)
STL - Rodger Saffold (65th)
AZ - Brandon Keith (67th)
SEA - James Carpenter (72nd)

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Surprised Davis wasn't in the bottom 20 for pass blocking... So, I guess we can finally say Davis has become a middle of the road offensive tackle? Factoring in when/if PFF makes a run blocking efficiency chart, Davis may be in the top 20.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not sure I've ever watched James Carpenter for a single play.......but I will always remember him because of draft day.....one of the all-time great camera shots of the table with Saban, Mark Ingram and one other Alabama player, when Carpenter's name was called as a 1st rounder before Ingram....the look on the other Alabama guys' faces was somewhere between "holy S" and "what the F that is ridiculous"

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not sure I've ever watched James Carpenter for a single play.......but I will always remember him because of draft day.....one of the all-time great camera shots of the table with Saban, Mark Ingram and one other Alabama player, when Carpenter's name was called as a 1st rounder before Ingram....the look on the other Alabama guys' faces was somewhere between "holy S" and "what the F that is ridiculous"

I recall that incident. That pick was one of the more talked about selections that night with my friends who are into the draft. I really liked Carpenter. For me, where he went wasn't so much of a surprise as it was who selected him. The neutral NFL fan in me wasn't nearly as hard on that pick as others were. Many people really got on them for that pick. I was a bit bummed about that as a 49ers fan because I really liked him as a prospect but it was still a surprise because I wondered whether he was a good fit for them.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quarterbacks hate push up the middle because it prevents them from stepping up into throws, so how good a guard or center is in preventing this should not be overlooked. You only need to look at how some quarterbacks fall apart when under pressure to see this.

the reason why we need a much improved offensive line. konz would be a huge upgrade, but if boone is capable of starting at tackle moving davis inside could give us a much improved line.

boone and davis on the right side, gore and hunter would light it up

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Davis wasn't in the bottom 20 for pass blocking... So, I guess we can finally say Davis has become a middle of the road offensive tackle? Factoring in when/if PFF makes a run blocking efficiency chart, Davis may be in the top 20.

I guess we can assume the same for Staley. Middle of the road pass blocker. The Giants win with two of the worst OTs.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And a complete kick in the crotch that Brian de la Puente is on the top-10 list.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I guess we can assume the same for Staley. Middle of the road pass blocker. The Giants win with two of the worst OTs.

That's all Eli. He was one of the best - if not the best - QBs under pressure this year, as memory serves.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but talent and ability on the offensive line was thrown out the window when the NFL decided that they were going to "let the offensive lines play" during the playoffs. That pretty much makes every O-Lineman the same when the refs don't care about holding.

Oops, Justin Smith beat me again... I'll just tackle him from behind. Yep, I know ref that was a great block. *high five*

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like they showed some improvement over the second half of the season. From 28th to 26th in pass blocking, 14th to 8th in run blocking, and 22nd to 18th in penalties. That was my sense. RG is still a problem, but I thought Anthony Davis took some strides this season. Hopefully Kilgore can step in at RG this upcoming season.