• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning's bogus 1st downs

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have your back Rob. The one bounce catch should have been seen by one of the refs even the ones not responsible for that part of the field.

Some guys get the breaks and some don't. Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James get/got the calls all the time. I see your point. Brady tuck rule etc. I get what you are saying. With all that said Manning dismantled the Ravens piece by piece and the Broncos looked like a very well oiled machine.

I can only hope the Lions look half as Polished as that offense. Great QB made tons of players look impressive. Welker could join the Lions today and suck balls, that's my fear.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Ft. Collins and Boulder in the 70's and 80's and thus I am a Bronco fan and the only thing I can find wrong with the skipped passes is that Manning did not quick snap the first one so that Harbaugh could not challenge. Had he hurried up it would all be perfect.

One last comment on Manning...is it not a beautiful sight to see a QB stand tall in the pocket even when there is chaos all around him and he does not bail out like some kind of pussy?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what bothers me most is how fans are manipulated by the media. When the replacement refs were out there, every major sports sight on TV and the web was holding a witch hunt and the fans of course followed their lead. You couldn't read one story without comments about how bad the replacement refs are.

Then last night we see an obvious incomplete pass skip off the turf get called a 1st down, and the commentators say NOTHING about the bad call. Instead, they immediately begin to question Harbaugh!? Like it's his job to ref the game now!? LOL

And today, here you guys are parroting the media. No one has shit to say about the real refs, but me. Everybody has excuses for the real refs who picketed and and demanded more money for the use of their amazing talents.

So be it. I see through the bullshit.

This isn't on the refs. Refs will never get every call right. That is why the league instituted instant replay in the first place. The rules allow coaches to challenge these plays in order to get them right, but to expect refs to be correct every time is extremely unrealistic. The Welker drop occurred as he was falling to the ground and he fell on the football. Without being at the perfect angle, there was no way to see it.

Manning made a great play by getting his team to the line and getting the snap off before Harbaugh could throw the challenge flag. Harbaugh was indecisive and the Ravens paid the price, just like the Lions did last year on Schwartz's impulsiveness.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lied. I have something to say about this.

per NFL rules: If a NFL Coach wins the challenged play, he still loses one of his two challenges. If both challenges succeed, then the team is awarded a third challenge.

There is no guarantee a team wins both challenges, so why should teams be put in the position to have to risk a challenge on basic shit like completed passes that skip off the turf!? That's unfair. It didn't affect this game but what if Baltimore needed that challenge for late in the game? Maybe that is what Harbaugh was thinking? It's not his job to tell the refs the pass was completed. If he can see that it was (or anyone on the sideline or field) then so should the refs. It's bullshit to blame the HC for the simple mistakes of these shitty refs.

Maybe Harbaugh shouldn't have challenged the Thomas catch which was a 4 yard gain on first down, relatively inconsequential play. It is all about risk vs. reward on these decisions. The rules are the same for everybody.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The action happens so fast, I am amazed at how often they are correct on their calls. What pisses me off is when they go under the hood and still blow the call.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Ft. Collins and Boulder in the 70's and 80's and thus I am a Bronco fan and the only thing I can find wrong with the skipped passes is that Manning did not quick snap the first one so that Harbaugh could not challenge. Had he hurried up it would all be perfect.

One last comment on Manning...is it not a beautiful sight to see a QB stand tall in the pocket even when there is chaos all around him and he does not bail out like some kind of pussy?

Yes!!!