• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning throttles Green Bay...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home field advantage is gonna be huge in the AFC this year... Denver locks that down and watch out, there gonna be tough to beat at Mile High...

Denver should be hoping that Indy wins home field advantage.

39 year P Manning outdoors in the cold, windy weather in January whether it is played in Cinci, New England or Denver is a horrific combination if you are a Denver fan.

This season completely reminds me of the Vikings back in Favre's first year with the team. I said in the beginning of that season that my team will have a really good season and get the fan base excited only to have the season end predictably on a Favre mistake in the playoffs.

The Broncos this season with Manning looking like he has so far this season has that exact same feel.

They'll need a historic defense to advance in the playoffs with that Broncos O IMO.....but after watching them this season they actually might have the makings of a historic defense.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

39 year P Manning outdoors in the cold, windy weather in January whether it is played in Cinci, New England or Denver is a horrific combination if you are a Denver fan.

This season completely reminds me of the Vikings back in Favre's first year with the team. I said in the beginning of that season that my team will have a really good season and get the fan base excited only to have the season end predictably on a Favre mistake in the playoffs.

The Broncos this season with Manning looking like he has so far this season has that exact same feel.

Not sure you understand the weather in Denver all that well. While yes it can be a cold winter for the most part even in January in Denver it can be in the 50's for about half of January. It is a complete unknown what you will get. I think the 2012 playoffs were a great example in the game against Baltimore I think it was in the single digits. The next Sunday though it was high 50's low 60's weather in Denver.

The biggest thing though that I think you are seeing the Broncos trying their hardest to establish is a run game. In past years they have been fine just relying on the arm of Manning. This year though they want a run game that can take the pressure off of Manning. 3 of the last 4 games have been our best 3 run games of the season. Seems like the OL and the RB's are starting to gel. I would also point out that this defense is just a bit better than anything the Broncos have had the last few years.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did people really think that Peyton would never have another solid performance?

The question is how much of yesterday's fine performance was due to permanently correcting what wasn't working?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The question is how much of yesterday's fine performance was due to permanently correcting what wasn't working?
I think a big part of the offensive performance yesterday was the running game and play of the line. The offensive line finally seems to be solidifying and playing together as a cohesive unit. They were opening up running lanes, and they kept Manning clean and gave him a nice pocket, which is a pretty impressive feat against the Packers pass rush.

And the running game showed up nicely, too. Both Hillman and Anderson had some very nice runs. Anderson looked like a guy who desperately wants his job back.

With those things clicking, things are much easier for Manning and he showed he can still pick apart a defense. That's basically what the Broncos envisioned the offense looking like before the season started, it's just taken time to get there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am with you on a bit of skepticism of whether that will be the norm moving forward or if this was a one time thing. I do have some hope listening to Manning and Kubiak talk about how they sat down and had a hard conversation about where this offense was going over the Bye Week. They watched all the film from the games and figured out what worked, what needed to be scrapped, and then threw in some new wrinkles especially with some work over the middle that they hadn't done much.

Manning also had all the receivers/TE's stay in Denver during the Bye week from what I understand and they just really worked on their timing for the routes. It really showed up in those deep balls to D. Thomas that Manning was overthrowing earlier in the year. It also showed up in his connection with his TE's. They almost doubled their production for the year in just one game. So I do have hope that the offense will at least be better. Maybe not to the level it was last night but better than it had been in the previous 6 games. Also as Broncos6482 said the OL is finally looking like they are coming together. The Broncos have had their best run games in 3 of the past 4 games. Manning also had his 2nd straight game without being sacked. As a Pats fan I think you can understand how much the OL coming together can improve a QB's play.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was also go to see some production from Daniels and Green at the tight end position.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They'll need a historic defense to advance in the playoffs with that Broncos O IMO.....but after watching them this season they actually might have the makings of a historic defense.

You guy's were about 5 yards away from the Super-Bowl that year... Favre runs that ball instead of throwing it across his body and the Saints dream run might have ended... I think the difference right now though is the Broncos have good balance going on, there D has been impressive ... I wasn't sold because they hadn't faced any stout offensive units, but last night they put that to rest... Broncos have a good shot this year...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure you understand the weather in Denver all that well. While yes it can be a cold winter for the most part even in January in Denver it can be in the 50's for about half of January. It is a complete unknown what you will get. I think the 2012 playoffs were a great example in the game against Baltimore I think it was in the single digits. The next Sunday though it was high 50's low 60's weather in Denver.

The biggest thing though that I think you are seeing the Broncos trying their hardest to establish is a run game. In past years they have been fine just relying on the arm of Manning. This year though they want a run game that can take the pressure off of Manning. 3 of the last 4 games have been our best 3 run games of the season. Seems like the OL and the RB's are starting to gel. I would also point out that this defense is just a bit better than anything the Broncos have had the last few years.

Cold nights... Mild day's for the most part...