• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams win and lose games not just QB's. Some of you ignorant fools need to quit watching anything thats on ESPN. Its not Brady vs Manning. Its the Patriots vs the Broncos. Damn brainwashed fools.

Says the idiot that blames every loss on LeBron James when the Heat win and is a bandwagon Broncos fan.

Damn bandwagoning tools.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Denver D was fluky in this past game. One of the worst defenses in the league holds Phillip Rivers to 0 points thru 3 quarters? I think the real Denver defense was the one that gave up 17 points in the 4th. Peyton and the receivers are going to have to play better to beat New England.

No. Chris Harris tore his ACL and was replaced by Jammer who was completely un-prepared from the way he played. McCoy went right at him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I get the theory but you have to have a team built to do that and the Chargers are not built that way. You take the ball out of the hands of your best playmakers until you are behind and fighting the clock. Philip Rivers throwing the ball to Gates and Allen is how SD wins games, imo. And you can throw the ball and still control the clock.

San Diego was the 2nd best team in the league in TOP because they liked to run the ball. They have 3 decent backs that all contribute in different ways and the way they beat the Broncos earlier in the year was by running the football. The Broncos just did a better job this time around at stopping the run and also building a good early lead to eventually force the Chargers to have to pass.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the end of the first half interception again and felt compelled to drop back in here. I now don't recall what the fuck I was watching before but I stand corrected. It was an excellent throw.

I will add though that stopping it and going slow mo, the ball actually gets tipped a bit by the defender thus causing the deflection.

Ergo, both Manning and the receiver are off the hook.

My bad...:doh:

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the end of the first half interception again and felt compelled to drop back in here. I now don't recall what the fuck I was watching before but I stand corrected. It was an excellent throw.

I will add though that stopping it and going slow mo, the ball actually gets tipped a bit by the defender thus causing the deflection.

Ergo, both Manning and the receiver are off the hook.

My bad...:doh:
good post....but I still think you are probably a NE Homer

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The reason there's a choke narrative with Peyton is because he chokes. A lot. 8 times 1 & done, and a lot of those times he was a heavy, home favourite. His team in 2005 was easily the best team in the NFL (much less the AFC), and he overthrew his receivers all day against Pittsburgh. And he had the game in the bag before his pass to Tracy Porter. In big moments he comes up small. He's very fortunate Rex Grossman tried a lot harder than he did to lose that one Super Bowl (and Manning tried pretty hard: 6.5 YPA, 1 TD 1 pick).

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have enjoyed the banter about Peyton being one and done. Fact is, he is a great QB and this has gotten rediculous. I'm going to resist the urge to piss a few people of by adding to it and suggest we go play football this weekend. Brady and Manning? Somebody has to lose. Regardless of who loses, we are privileged to watch 2 of the very best play head to head for all the marbles.
Regardless of who loses, they are still both great QB's having a great year.

Let's argue about football - not bullshit. Do it now because when that wierd shaped ball stops bouncing, the bullshit will be over.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason there's a choke narrative with Peyton is because he chokes. A lot. 8 times 1 & done, and a lot of those times he was a heavy, home favourite. His team in 2005 was easily the best team in the NFL (much less the AFC), and he overthrew his receivers all day against Pittsburgh. And he had the game in the bag before his pass to Tracy Porter. In big moments he comes up small. He's very fortunate Rex Grossman tried a lot harder than he did to lose that one Super Bowl (and Manning tried pretty hard: 6.5 YPA, 1 TD 1 pick).

Overthrew his receivers all day?

:bullshit:

Steeler's Pass Rush had no affect on him and never forced him to hurry one throw either right?

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so stupid. Peyton has played well in the playoffs. He's #10 all-time in playoff passer rating which is above Tom Brady. A single pick 6 in the Super Bowl doesn't define a career. He's played well in the playoffs, but the playoffs are where you run out of time when you are carrying mediocre teams.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has singlehandedly lost roughly half his losses, though.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not true, but give him Belichick with the early 2000s Pats defense and let's see how many rings he has.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is so simplistic, and has no basis in fact.

For every mistake, bad play or lack of making a play you could cite, there are 2 bad plays, mistakes or lack of plays other teammates on both sides of the ball made and mistakes made by the coaching staff.

It's a team sport. One player does not dictate the outcome. They can have a bigger impact than others, but in no way are they ever going to be the sole reason for the outcome of any game.

To argue that he is singly responsible demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the game of football.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Overthrew his receivers all day?

:bullshit:

Steeler's Pass Rush had no affect on him and never forced him to hurry one throw either right?

Did you watch that game? He played like a hot poop sandwhich. He was over-throwing guys by like 7 yards. And he easily had the best roster in football. Correction: it was the divisional round because he wasn't good enough to move that 1 seed into the next round.

But I understand how a Manning fan would give him a pass when he had to play a good defense (poor guy) in the friggn' conference championship game.

1-16-2005 (against the Patriots): 42 attempts, 5.7 YPA, 0 TDs 1 pick. 3 points.

Yeah, he's great in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch that game? He played like a hot poop sandwhich. He was over-throwing guys by like 7 yards. And he easily had the best roster in football. Correction: it was the divisional round because he wasn't good enough to move that 1 seed into the next round.

But I understand how a Manning fan would give him a pass when he had to play a good defense (poor guy) in the friggn' conference championship game.

I'm a Broncos fan first. Am I happy to have one of the greatest QB's of all time as the QB for the Broncos?

Of course.

When you get to the playoffs, the TEAMS you play are more COMPETITIVE.

The Colts TEAMS Manning played for were simply not as good as the other TEAMS they played in a lot of their post season match-ups.

The success or failure of those TEAMS is not solely dictated by one person.

The problem is Fantasy Football and ESPN have driven the focus and narrative to single player performance.

No one looks at the details or match-ups that are not sexy or don't make for good highlights.

One of the most important match-ups in any football game is the Offensive and Defensive lines, yet it largely goes unnoticed and hardly talked about by anyone except the rare analyst who knows what he is talking about.

Stats show tendencies, they don't tell the whole story.

Manning is on one of the better teams he has ever played for and the Broncos still have 5 defensive starters out from the original depth chart at the beginning of the season. They have not had the starting defensive roster on the field yet this season, yet they are hosting the AFC title game as 6 point favorites.

The 3 losses they had this year were all 1 score or less and they were on the losing end of the turnover battle (Only 1 INT by Manning, 6 fumbles, that were not his fault) .

It's a team sport. One player does not decide a game by himself.

Anyone who thinks so can't think for themselves and is just spouting the same nonsense the talking heads on the 4 letter network spew to drive the ratings.

:nod:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Colts TEAMS Manning played for were simply not as good as the other TEAMS they played in a lot of their post season match-ups.

Because their QBs were clutch and the Colts' QB wasn't.

No one looks at the details or match-ups that are not sexy or don't make for good highlights.

I do. I watched every play of the games I mentioned. He played like dog crap in those games. He even played like crap in the SB he won; he was just lucky Grossman did everything possible to lose that game.

He had a chance to be the GOAT, but he wasn't good enough when it really mattered. It's as simple as that. He's still top 5 all time IMO, but I think Aaron Rodgers is going to surpass him on the totem eventually.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colts Patriots 2006. 349 and a TD in a gutsy win with a back and forth battle.

Besides. His Superbowl winning year is his worst post season statistically, proving the stats don't mean shit.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do. I watched every play of the games I mentioned. He played like dog crap in those games. He even played like crap in the SB he won; he was just lucky Grossman did everything possible to lose that game.

He had a chance to be the GOAT, but he wasn't good enough when it really mattered. It's as simple as that. He's still top 5 all time IMO, but I think Aaron Rodgers is going to surpass him on the totem eventually.

Pointless discussion if you can't concede the fact that one player does not decide the outcome of a game.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's because you can only see individual success as a Championship which is a team accomplishment, not an individual one.