• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no narrative. It's a fact. This guy's lost so many games in the playoffs when the Colts were clearly the better team and he has Tom Brady tattooed on his brain. When he relaxes and plays football he's great. But when he goes out there to justify all the ridiculous hype he's had since Tennessee he folds like a cheap suit. Now he's thinking he can get that Brady gorilla off of his back, which is going to be a disaster for the Broncos.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had better weapons by a long shot. He also has had the benefit of more wildcard blowouts against easier defenses. And it's still by about 1.

It's not about raw numbers, though. Numbers don't win games. Individual plays and when they happen win and lose games. If you watched both and their performances, and honestly think Peyton played better, I don't know what to tell you. There's a reason one has a reputation as clutch and one has the opposite, and it's not just records. It's because objectively watching them both play in the playoffs, one shines brighter.

I know that most of the USA thinks Peyton is the better quarterback. The weird things that happen in New England don't really matter.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year they do, because most of America doesn't follow football and only has a rough idea who's putting the numbers up this year.

Last year, polls said the opposite. They mean little.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said there were other chances to win that game. But they were in position to win still. Then Peyton made a mindbogglingly dumb throw and handed the game away.
:deadhorse:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had better weapons by a long shot. He also has had the benefit of more wildcard blowouts against easier defenses. And it's still by about 1.

It's not about raw numbers, though. Numbers don't win games. Individual plays and when they happen win and lose games. If you watched both and their performances, and honestly think Peyton played better, I don't know what to tell you. There's a reason one has a reputation as clutch and one has the opposite, and it's not just records. It's because objectively watching them both play in the playoffs, one shines brighter.

You are changing the narrative from Manning as a supposed post season choke artist to who has the better post season record.

Let's flip the script. Brady has the best post season record in league history for a QB.

But since the tainted spygate Superbowl wins, the Patriots have exited the playoffs 3 times in the wild card and divisional rounds, lost 2 conference championships and lost 2 Superbowls.

By your definition he is also a post season choker the last 9 years.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said record was not the reason Peyton has his reputation, so throwing record back in my face is silly.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a big difference between a QB getting "all" the blame and a QB choking.

Oh my god. Semantics aside, that is completely idiotic.

Did it take you years to come up with that analytical gem of a thought?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh my god. Semantics aside, that is completely idiotic.

Did it take you years to come up with that analytical gem of a thought?

Sounds like I hit a nerve there.

A QB can choke without deserving ALL of the blame for a loss.

A QB can choke and still win the game.

You said Manning didn't deserve all the blame for that loss. Not deserving all of the blame for a loss doesn't mean he didn't choke when the game was on the line.

Was that easy enough to understand?

Last edited by a moderator:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like I hit a nerve there.

A QB can choke without deserving ALL of the blame for a loss.

A QB can choke and still win the game.

You said Manning didn't deserve all the blame for that loss. Not deserving all of the blame for a loss doesn't mean he didn't choke when the game was on the line.

Was that easy enough to understand?

Yet you Manning bashers can only point to your opinion that Manning is a choke artist and never acknowledge that it is a team sport and a game rarely comes down to one play by one player.

He still has 10 post season wins/11 losses now and a World Championship.

The only people who consider that the mark of a post season choker are the idiots on TV who get paid to say controversial things to drive ratings and the idiots who hear it enough and think if it is on TV it must be so.

I'm done.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yet you Manning bashers can only point to your opinion that Manning is a choke artist and never acknowledge that it is a team sport and a game rarely comes down to one play by one player.

How's this for ya: Football is a team sport, and it rarely comes down to one play by one player.

Cool?

And I'm not a Manning basher. I think he's one of the 5 best QBs to ever put on a uniform. That's not exactly bashing. But I still think it's completely fair to say that he hasn't been one of the all-time great post season QBs. And that's huge.

He has a chance keep climbing that totem pole on Sunday. I even said before the Saints' SB win that if he plays well & wins that game he's probably the 2nd-best QB to ever play. I'm fair about this. But I don't think there's any way he wins another ring this year, and that's why I'm rooting for Denver on Sunday (as a 49er fan).

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He still has 10 post season wins/11 losses now and a World Championship.

The only people who consider that the mark of a post season choker are the idiots on TV who get paid to say controversial things to drive ratings and the idiots who hear it enough and think if it is on TV it must be so.

I'm done.

Calling Manning a chokester isn't 'Manning bashing,' it's pointing out fact. Maybe he will finally shed that label this weekend. :suds:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people who watch the NFL think Manning is better. That's enough for me.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people who watch the NFL think Manning is better. That's enough for me.

Tell me, why does it even fucking matter? Why do people always have to dislike or discredit one, in order to be a fan of the other? He is the Broncos QB and one of the greatest of all time. Try to accept that other people don't have to agree that Peyton is better than Tom, but nobody can deny how good they both still are.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reminder to the it's-a-team-sport apologists, only one player gets the ball every single play and has to make the decision of what to do on all non hand-off plays. The impact of quarterback play is profound.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reminder to the it's-a-team-sport apologists, only one player gets the ball every single play and has to make the decision of what to do on all non hand-off plays. The impact of quarterback play is profound.

Not true. Center is the only position that touches the ball on every offensive snap. Every once in a while teams run the wildcat or direct snap it to the RB's

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Peyton has a better playoff passer rating than Brady. Meaning he has played better over the course of every game but never had Belichick as coach.

Put me in as one who thinks Peyton's playoff failures are overblown. Although, if he wants to be considered best ever then he needs to be better.

As far as comparing him to Brady using QB rating (or any stat) is ridiculous. Majority of Brady's playoff games have been in bad weather compared to indoors for Manning, that is a difference. Also Brady has clearly been more clutch - 7 GW drives including 4 4th Q comebacks. Manning has 1 - 2006 AFCCG vs Pats when he came back 3 times and Brady twice all in the 4th quarter.

Stats or no stats Brady has clearly had the edge over Manning in playoffs, to say otherwise is asinine. I don't hold it against Manning, he is great - but if I need a win to save my life Brady is the easy pick for me.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. Center is the only position that touches the ball on every offensive snap. Every once in a while teams run the wildcat or direct snap it to the RB's

Cdum, you may turn off your auto-argue program now.