• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So question...If Manning wins tomorrow and let's say wins the Super Bowl then does the choking title completely go away?

Yes. Absolutely. And if he does I'd probably put him as the 2nd-best QB of all time behind Joe Montana.

...by the way, I would have Tom as the 2nd best of all time, but I look at his legacy like I look at Alex Rodriguez' legacy: tainted by cheating (to a far lesser degree of course, but it's still tainted). That's why I don't put him on any of my all-time lists. You can't just dismiss the fact that New England cheated when they won 3 SBs by a margin of 9 points total.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Pats fan but I dismiss the cheating. I've actually read everything on Spygate you could to educate myself as I've been a referee for almost 30 years and dream of getting to NFL (won't happen). Pretty plain and simple the story of spygate but most people really have no idea what they are talking about. Patriots never even were fined for using cameras, they were fined for continuously disobeying what the league asked them to do. If using the cameras were a big deal then they would have been disciplined the year earlier.

People still actually think they bugged locker rooms, jammed helmet signals, and filmed practices etc....it's all urban legend.

Cheating a salary cap by millions IMO is much more of a competitive advantage...many teams paid high penalties for that including SF and Denver (almost 2 million in fines and a 3rd round pick).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Pats fan but I dismiss the cheating. I've actually read everything on Spygate you could to educate myself as I've been a referee for almost 30 years and dream of getting to NFL (won't happen). Pretty plain and simple the story of spygate but most people really have no idea what they are talking about. Patriots never even were fined for using cameras, they were fined for continuously disobeying what the league asked them to do. If using the cameras were a big deal then they would have been disciplined the year earlier.

People still actually think they bugged locker rooms, jammed helmet signals, and filmed practices etc....it's all urban legend.

Cheating a salary cap by millions IMO is much more of a competitive advantage...many teams paid high penalties for that including SF and Denver (almost 2 million in fines and a 3rd round pick).

Maybe you should read up on the salary cap penalties then if you are going to make such an idiotic statement. At least for the Broncos they didn't try to cheat the Cap they tried to defer payments to players at a later time because they were hurting for money. The salaries still counted completely against the Cap just instead of getting the $5 million let's say in 1998 they would get it in 1999 when the Broncos had more cash flow. That $5 million still counted against the Cap like the player had been paid said money just that they had to delay the payment. Again no actual competitive advantage just ownership not really planning well money wise how much it would take to pay for a stadium plus pay for the players needed for the team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
they were fined for continuously disobeying what the league asked them to do.

How is that not cheating?

They were fined & stripped of a draft pick for cheating. You don't get that kind of penalty for nothing.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparisons are relative. Compared to Tom Brady he's a choker. And every time two play Manning's going to get compared to Tom Brady.

And Manning has 4 about to be 5 MVPs, so Brady "choked' only winning 2

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Manning has 4 about to be 5 MVPs, so Brady "choked' only winning 2

Ask any player whether they'd take the MVP or a Super Bowl championship and you know damn well what they want.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were fined & stripped of a draft pick for cheating. You don't get that kind of penalty for nothing.

It's not cheating. They did not gain a competitive advantage.

The initial plan was to have players defer a portion of their salary because Bowlen needed the extra cash for the $150,000,000.00 total he had to put up for the new stadium.

Players would have been paid a 10% interest on the amount of deferred salary.

It was done in September after the contracts were submitted to the league office.

NFL ruled that since the money was actually paid the following year, it counted against that years cap and the interest put them over the cap.

That is why they were fined. There was no competetive advantage.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can call it cheating, but it wasn't the reason they won SB's. What they could get from filming you can get from not filming, irrelevent to having an advantage IMO. It was actually much easier in-game to decipher signals legally then do what the patriots were supposedly trying to do, which is what makes the spygate story funny.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should read up on the salary cap penalties then if you are going to make such an idiotic statement. At least for the Broncos they didn't try to cheat the Cap they tried to defer payments to players at a later time because they were hurting for money. The salaries still counted completely against the Cap just instead of getting the $5 million let's say in 1998 they would get it in 1999 when the Broncos had more cash flow. That $5 million still counted against the Cap like the player had been paid said money just that they had to delay the payment. Again no actual competitive advantage just ownership not really planning well money wise how much it would take to pay for a stadium plus pay for the players needed for the team.

You sound like Patriot fans defending the Patriots spygate scandal. Broncos were fined and lost picks twice for doing it, they didn't get fined for no reason! How is saying that is worse than filming something that everyone in a stadium can see anyway is "idiotic"?

By the way, I agree with you on Broncos...........just way too much hate for Pats on these boards and for spygate. If spygate was the reason for anything then the Pats offense wouldn't have been significantly better and wouldn't be in 4th AFCCG since being fined. Broncos violations dont continually get brought up, Pats spyagte shouldn't either...they are both irrellevent.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like Patriot fans defending the Patriots spygate scandal. Broncos were fined and lost picks twice for doing it, they didn't get fined for no reason! How is saying that is worse than filming something that everyone in a stadium can see anyway is "idiotic"?

By the way, I agree with you on Broncos...........just way too much hate for Pats on these boards and for spygate. If spygate was the reason for anything then the Pats offense wouldn't have been significantly better and wouldn't be in 4th AFCCG since being fined. Broncos violations dont continually get brought up, Pats spyagte shouldn't either...they are both irrellevent.

:wtf2:

:bullshit:

Filming a teams practice when they are preparing for you is a much bigger advantage then getting fined for deferring salary.

You can't be serious.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was proof of that much more would have happened.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask any player whether they'd take the MVP or a Super Bowl championship and you know damn well what they want.

ask any QB who they want on their side going against the other team's QB and BB is who they would want

look at the defenses Brady had during his 3 Super Bowl wins, good stuff, no? and not so hard to win when your D forces turnovers like the Patriots D did for Brady on his 3 Super Bowl runs, no?

2001 -- #6 scoring D
2003 -- #1 scoring D
2004 -- #2 scoring D

2001 Patriots D in playoffs
W Raiders -- Pats D gave up 230 yds, forced 0 turnovers
W @Steelers -- Pats D gave up 306 yds, forced 4 turnovers (Kordell Stewart 3 INTs)
W Super Bowl (Rams) -- Pats D gave up 427 yds, forced 3 turnovers (Kurt Warner 2 INTs)

2003 Patriots D in playoffs
W Titans -- Pats D gave up 284 yds, forced 1 turnover
W Colts -- Pats D gave up 306 yds, forced 5 turnovers (Peyton Manning 4 INTs)
W Super Bowl (Panthers) -- Pats D gave up 387 yds, forced 1 turnover

2004 Patriots D in playoffs
W Colts -- Pats D gave up 276 yds, forced 3 turnovers (Peyton Manning 1 INT)
W @Steelers -- Pats D gave up 388 yds,forced 4 turnovers (Ben Roethlisberger 3 INTs)
W Super Bowl (Eagles) -- Pats D gave up 369 yds, forced 4 turnovers (Donovan McNabb 3 INTs)

Last edited by a moderator:

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

:bullshit:

Filming a teams practice when they are preparing for you is a much bigger advantage then getting fined for deferring salary.

You can't be serious.

Morpheus......thank you for proving my original point. People have no clue what spygate was lol

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ask any QB who they want on their side going against the other team's QB and BB is who they would want

look at the defenses Brady had during his 3 Super Bowl wins, good stuff, no? and not so hard to win when your D forces turnovers like the Patriots D did for Brady on his 3 Super Bowl runs, no?

2001 -- #6 scoring D
2003 -- #1 scoring D
2004 -- #2 scoring D

2001 Patriots D in playoffs
W Raiders -- Pats D gave up 230 yds, forced 0 turnovers
W @Steelers -- Pats D gave up 306 yds, forced 4 turnovers (Kordell Stewart 3 INTs)
W Super Bowl (Rams) -- Pats D gave up 427 yds, forced 3 turnovers (Kurt Warner 2 INTs)

2003 Patriots D in playoffs
W Titans -- Pats D gave up 284 yds, forced 1 turnover
W Colts -- Pats D gave up 306 yds, forced 5 turnovers (Peyton Manning 4 INTs)
W Super Bowl (Panthers) -- Pats D gave up 387 yds, forced 1 turnover

2004 Patriots D in playoffs
W Colts -- Pats D gave up 276 yds, forced 3 turnovers (Peyton Manning 1 INT)
W @Steelers -- Pats D gave up 388 yds,forced 4 turnovers (Ben Roethlisberger 3 INTs)
W Super Bowl (Eagles) -- Pats D gave up 369 yds, forced 4 turnovers (Donovan McNabb 3 INTs)

Defense wins Championships!!

Brady gets bonus points for not turning the ball over unlike his counterparts though. INT's are an important stat, Brady had 14-3 TD-INT ratio during that time...thats pretty damn good facing top defenses himself.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morpheus......thank you for proving my original point. People have no clue what spygate was lol

Yea, I was agreeing with you.

The can't be serious comment was not directed at you.

Tired. Long day getting ready for game tomorrow.

I'm off the boards until after the game.

GO BRONCOS!!

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I was agreeing with you.

The can't be serious comment was not directed at you.

Tired. Long day getting ready for game tomorrow.

I'm off the boards until after the game.

GO BRONCOS!!

ok cool......good luck to Broncos an Pats fans everywhere.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense wins Championships!!

Brady gets bonus points for not turning the ball over unlike his counterparts though. INT's are an important stat, Brady had 14-3 TD-INT ratio during that time...thats pretty damn good facing top defenses himself.

always a pleasure to have a great D. based on the regular season, this is what we are looking at tomorrow:

Scoring D
#1 Hawks
#3 49ers
#10 Patriots
#22 Broncos

I wonder if Manning feels like screaming "get it together, Del Rio," esp since Brady is 7-0 vs Del Rio

Brady's per game stats vs Del Rio...

REGULAR SEASON
2003 - 2 TD 0 INT 103.6 rating
2006 - 1 TD 0 INT 97.1 rating
2009 - 4 TD 0 INT 149.0 rating
2012 - 1 TD 0 INT 104.6 rating
2013 - 3 TD 0 INT 107.4 rating

PLAYOFFS
2005 - 3 TD 0 INT 116.4 rating
2007 - 3 TD 0 INT 141.4 rating

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You can call it cheating, but it wasn't the reason they won SB's. What they could get from filming you can get from not filming, irrelevent to having an advantage IMO.

Bull shit. If that were true then they wouldn't have done it.

"Hey guys, we're going to risk filming the other teams' signals & possibly get disciplined by the league & tarnish our name, but this isn't going to gain us anything whatsoever. Sound like a smart plan? Great! Who's your best camera guy?" :scratch:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who gives a good fuck filming wrong location , steroids, cocaine ,piped in noise etc all good