• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reminder to the it's-a-team-sport apologists, only one player gets the ball every single play and has to make the decision of what to do on all non hand-off plays. The impact of quarterback play is profound.

The QB only gets up to 50% of the snaps in a game.

The rest of the snaps are made by the opposing team while your QB sits on the sideline. He has little control over what his defense does.

Is the QB the most important position on the field? Sure.

But don't discount the play of the O-line, RB and Receivers and the Defense.

They don't do their job and even the mighty Tom Brady looks terrible.

Look at the early part of the 2013 season. Brady struggled while the team struggled due to injury and other factors.

It's a credit to Belicek and the coaching staff that they managed to win 12 games and get the #2 seed.

They had a lot of close games that could have been losses.

Why am I bothering to explain it like a rational person to an irrational mind?

Here is to a good game.

GO BRONCOS!!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Morpheus, you're correct in everything you said, it's just that the part about being the most important position can uniquely impact the outcome of the game. Sometimes it's more profound than at other times and situations. Anybody could have handed off the ball for 6 TDs like Brady did last week but it takes a Brady to come back from 24 down to the Broncs...and yes, still it's a team game and crazy shit also had to happen in that game but no mediocre QB was gonna pull that off.

Here's to a good game indeed~

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the people who think Peyton Manning is right up their with the greatest QB's who have ever played the game. His brother has a better record against the Patriots & more RINGS. Peyton isn't even the best QB in his own family.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Peyton to Eli is straight up disrespectful.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the people who think Peyton Manning is right up their with the greatest QB's who have ever played the game. His brother has a better record against the Patriots & more RINGS. Peyton isn't even the best QB in his own family.

Peyton has lead his teams to more playoff appearances. 2 SBs is still only 2 games. Just more proof its a team sport/the ultimate team sport. Eli is in no way shape or form a better individual QB than Peyton is.

He is A Manning though and he's damn good !

thin about it...Archie Manning's sperm has gone 3 for 4 in Super Bowls..that's impressive :lol:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Morpheus, you're correct in everything you said, it's just that the part about being the most important position can uniquely impact the outcome of the game. Sometimes it's more profound than at other times and situations. Anybody could have handed off the ball for 6 TDs like Brady did last week but it takes a Brady to come back from 24 down to the Broncs...and yes, still it's a team game and crazy shit also had to happen in that game but no mediocre QB was gonna pull that off.

Here's to a good game indeed~

More importantly it took mistakes by the Broncos, the kick return fumble and other turnovers in the 2nd half, to overcome the turnovers the Patriots committed in the first half and give them a chance to win.

You can't make mistakes against Brady, he will make you pay.

I think that if neither team makes dumb mistakes, then all things being equal, the Broncos win this game.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, I know the truth hurts. The numbers don't lie. Eli 2 rings Peyton 1. I hate the Mannings. I have a legit reason for it though because I'm a Chargers fan. To much shit from that Family went on before draft day in 2005 for me to have much respect for the family. However, they've both had excellent careers in the NFL. Peyton might be the better pure passer, but Eli seems to be more clutch. Peyton has a chance to silence all the critics with a Super Bowl victory this season. We'll see what happens.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I know the truth hurts. The numbers don't lie. Eli 2 rings Peyton 1. I hate the Mannings. I have a legit reason for it though because I'm a Chargers fan. To much shit from that Family went on before draft day in 2005 for me to have much respect for the family. However, they've both had excellent careers in the NFL. Peyton might be the better pure passer, but Eli seems to be more clutch. Peyton has a chance to silence all the critics with a Super Bowl victory this season. We'll see what happens.

So your hatred makes you biased.

Right.

We can ignore your opinions from now on.

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since the numbers don't lie, let's look at all the numbers.

Peyton has led the league in passing yards 3 times and has been in the top 5 10 other times. Peyton has lead the league in passing TDs 4 times and has been in the top 5 12 other times. Peyton has led the league in passer rating 3 times and has been in the top 5 8 other times.

Eli has never led the league in any of the aforementioned categories, has been in the top 5 in passing yards and TD 3 times each. Eli has, however, led the league in INT 3 times.

Peyton's collection of major awards is nearly endless while Eli has just 3 Pro-Bowls.

Numbers don't lie. Peyton is clearly superior.

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "choke" nonsense should have ended years ago when Peyton won his SB. Not sure why people keep clinging to it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The "choke" nonsense should have ended years ago when Peyton won his SB. Not sure why people keep clinging to it.

The completely legitimate choke stigma returns when he's being compared to a QB like Tom Brady.

If we're comparing him to Joe Flacco then sure; we don't have to talk about his choking.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The completely legitimate choke stigma returns when he's being compared to a QB like Tom Brady.

If we're comparing him to Joe Flacco then sure; we don't have to talk about his choking.

of for crying out loud LOL

Flacco is 9-4 in the playoffs...not a poor stat at all

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that Flacco's obviously not on his level, regardless.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
of for crying out loud LOL

Flacco is 9-4 in the playoffs...not a poor stat at all

You misunderstood me completely. I've been the biggest Flacco defender here for the last few years. I think he's a good NFL QB whose performance has been excellent thus far. But he's no Peyton Manning. Not even close. So we don't have to parse Manning's faults when comparing those two because everyone knows Manning is in an entirely higher category than Flacco is.

When comparing him to Tom, however, the choking aspect is relevant.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chokers are those badass ass college QBs who did squat in the NFL, esp those QBs drafted Top 10 overall in the draft

You have a HOF career in the NFL, you're the opposite of a choker

One of my favorite Olympic athletes last summer Olympics was Lolo Jones bc she had this awesome background story and when I added her on facebook, I found she had an awesome personality as well

This last Olympics was her big shot and she "choked" by tripping on a hurdle late in the race. I didn't consider her a choker, just a tragic hero

Like one of the ex-Super Bowl QBs said, Manning or Brady could have the worst game of their career tomorrow and it wouldn't affect their legacy as HOF QBs at all

Let's say Peyton is like the Dan Marino of this era. Who wouldn't be absolutely thrilled to go back in time and see Dan Marino play again?

In football, there is no 6-time Super Bowl winner who was 6-time Super Bowl MVP, 6-0 in Super Bowls, and a 5-time MVP like Michael Jordan was in the NBA

So compared to him, every great who didn't achieve that is a choker

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
chokers are those badass ass college QBs who did squat in the NFL, esp those QBs drafted Top 10 overall in the draft

You have a HOF career in the NFL, you're the opposite of a choker

Comparisons are relative. Compared to Tom Brady he's a choker. And every time two play Manning's going to get compared to Tom Brady.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misunderstood me completely. I've been the biggest Flacco defender here for the last few years. I think he's a good NFL QB whose performance has been excellent thus far. But he's no Peyton Manning. Not even close. So we don't have to parse Manning's faults when comparing those two because everyone knows Manning is in an entirely higher category than Flacco is.

When comparing him to Tom, however, the choking aspect is relevant.

So question...If Manning wins tomorrow and let's say wins the Super Bowl then does the choking title completely go away? I guess my question is can two games completely change the outlook of who Peyton is as a quarterback? I remember when Elway had made it to 3 Super Bowls to only lose many were giving him the choking title that he couldn't win the big game. He then went out and won 2 Super Bowls to close out his career and is more known now as Captain Comeback and considered one of the top 5 or so quarterbacks to ever play the game.

Now for me I would say Elway had more to do with the team being successful during the first part of his career and was more impressive during that stretch than he was when he won his Super Bowls. I would say the players around him made all the difference between him winning the Super Bowl and going down as one of the best to never win it. I wouldn't say anything about Elway changed other than actually him taking a lesser role during those last couple of years yet somehow he is the one credited with those wins.