• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I still have Montana & his 13 SB TDs (2 rushing), zero SB picks & like 127 passer rating in 4 SBs as the GOAT. But I can see why you'd call me a homer for saying that.

I don't think Lions fans are "clouded" if they think Barry Sanders is the GOAT or if they think Megatron is the best WR in the NFL (possibly the best ever; and that's coming from a fan of Jerry Rice). Or if Giants fans think LT is the best linebacker to ever play or if Cowboys fans think Deion is the GOAT. Or Chiefs fans w/ Gonzo. And yes, I'd throw Ronnie Lott's name in there, and the only player I've seen who could've taken his mantle was Sean Taylor. Etc, etc etc.

...by the way, I think Aaron Rodgers has easily been the best QB in the NFL over the last 5 years. Not Peyton or Brady.

Manning only has 1 ring. He shouldn't even be in the conversation for best QB ever. I still think Bradshaw gets overlooked. Yeah he was bad early in his career, but he won 4 Super Bowls without a loss. He's also laughing all the way to the bank.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Manning only has 1 ring. He shouldn't even be in the conversation for best QB ever. I still think Bradshaw gets overlooked. Yeah he was bad early in his career, but he won 4 Super Bowls without a loss. He's also laughing all the way to the bank.

I absolutely hate Manning because he could've completed maybe the most dominant team in decades if he signed with the 49ers instead of the Broncos in 2012. :mad2: But even I know he at least belongs in the conversation.

If people paid closer attention I think Kurt Warner would get more consideration for GOAT too.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely hate Manning because he could've completed maybe the most dominant team in decades if he signed with the 49ers instead of the Broncos in 2012. :mad2: But even I know he at least belongs in the conversation.

If people paid closer attention I think Kurt Warner would get more consideration for GOAT too.

I've seen Manning choke to many times to be in the conversation. Last year in OT he cost his team a chance at the Super Bowl. His record against the Chargers alone in the postseason should be the end of him being in the conversation.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've seen Manning choke to many times to be in the conversation. Last year in OT he cost his team a chance at the Super Bowl. His record against the Chargers alone in the postseason should be the end of him being in the conversation.

I totally agree, and he even played poorly in the game Rex Grossman handed to him on a silver platter. But his regular-season stats are so good that I think he at least belongs in the conversation IMO. It's not like we're talking about something absolutely ridiculous like saying the best QB who ever played named Steve was Steve McNair. :whistle:

CardiacKemba

Born Sinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone see this story that one of Manning's passes on Sunday, might be a lateral, taking his seven yards away and with it the passing record....interesting to see how they handle this...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in Nashville, the home of Vanderbilt. No, I H-A-T-E-D Tennessee and Peyton Manning back then.

I like him for one reason: he's the greatest who's ever played the game with no close second. I'm not clouded by team allegiance. :whistle:

TMartin brought Vols to glory

Manning is modern day Favre

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put Steve Young in his prime up against any QB who ever played the game. He didn't last as long as other HOFers because of the punishment he took running the ball, but he was just about as dangerous a man with a football in his hands as anyone who ever played the game. And that includes Joe Montana.

And having an amazing regular season + winning the SB should count for a something IMO.

Lets be serious Montana then Brady rest is up to speculation. Rodgers might be there one day

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you Brady fans and Manning haters have reason for hope!!!

[MEDIA=twitter]418049956612931584[/MEDIA]

It's going to be hilarious if they uphold this challenge and he doesn't get the record. Then we're going to see those samy hypocrites that said "numbers are meaningless" come and start gloating. :L

Peyton Manning's Single-Season Passing Yards Record Stands After NFL Review | Bleacher Report

Record will stand. He could have thrown another 250 yards the 2nd half if he played.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't. It was a clear lateral.

Letting him keep it's the right move, though. He obviously would have broken it.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't. It was a clear lateral.

Letting him keep it's the right move, though. He obviously would have broken it.

If it was a clear lateral, it would have probably been called.

It was too close to reverse.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't. There were a couple replays posted where it clearly travelled backwards.

They even said the keeping it was the "fairest thing to do", not perfectly accurate. And it was. He would have got it if they called that a lateral on the spot.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't be reviewable or reversed but it was definitely a lateral. It wasn't all that close, tbh. The ball was caught a good yard behind where he released it.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton and the choke narrative

Converts 3 and 17 and 3 and 6 to end the game after his defense and special teams almost gave the game away. Welker also dropped a td and Decker dropped a td causing a pick. Story of Peyton's life is the bad luck he gets in the playoffs. This the opposite of Brady who is the luckiest qb ever(besides eli).

Peyton Manning?s 9-11 Playoff Record Is a Call for Help

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IJ6EDc3A88]Baltimore Ravens vs Denver Broncos Joe Flacco Rocky Mountain Rainbow 2013 Playoffs - YouTube[/ame]

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retarded premature thread.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Converts 3 and 17 and 3 and 6 to end the game after his defense and special teams almost gave the game away. Welker also dropped a td and Decker dropped a td causing a pick. Story of Peyton's life is the bad luck he gets in the playoffs. This the opposite of Brady who is the luckiest qb ever(besides eli).

Peyton Manning?s 9-11 Playoff Record Is a Call for Help

Wasn't Manning lucky that SD dropped an easy pick on first drive in which Broncos scored a td? Luck is always nice and Brady and Manning have both had good and bad luck. In the end, over the span of a long career those things even out - you are what you are.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's never been that he chokes in guaranteed wins. It's that against decent defenses in close games he gets bested too often.

Gimme games aren't worth debating.