• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Manning lucky that SD dropped an easy pick on first drive in which Broncos scored a td? Luck is always nice and Brady and Manning have both had good and bad luck. In the end, over the span of a long career those things even out - you are what you are.

Broncos scored a TD on their first drive. I don't think that Manning threw a ball that could have been picked.

Last edited by a moderator:

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos scored a TD on their first drive. I don't think that Manning threw a ball that could have been picked.

You missed it then because it was a gimme pick on a deep ball close to goal line, trust me. There's the potential difference in the game right there. When you have a chance to pick of Manning you have to do it.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams win and lose games not just QB's. Some of you ignorant fools need to quit watching anything thats on ESPN. Its not Brady vs Manning. Its the Patriots vs the Broncos. Damn brainwashed fools.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Charger defender dropped a sure pick, but so what?

Would have could have should have. 3 or 4 other things go the Broncos way and it's a blow out.

Fact is, Broncos dominated in the trenches today. Ran the ball. Stopped the run. Sacked Rivers 4 times.

It's a team sport. The single player performance dialogue is myopic.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Manning lucky that SD dropped an easy pick on first drive in which Broncos scored a td? Luck is always nice and Brady and Manning have both had good and bad luck. In the end, over the span of a long career those things even out - you are what you are.

Yes, and he was unlucky that a ball that hit Eric Decker between the 8 and the 7 in the end zone was knocked up in the air and then picked off.

Manning was 25-36 yesterday with 6 dropped balls. He played extremely well and closed out the game with two huge completions on third downs.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W/L records to evalute a QB is one of the dumbest things in the world to do!

Yes the Chargers should have had that INT and who knows what would have happened if they did. They also should have thrown the ball instead of becoming so complacent and only running the ball...

Bottom line... Chargers didn't do enough to win and the Broncos did. Nothing more, nothing less.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are more Patriots fans than Broncos fans in this thread. Interesting.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W/L records to evalute a QB is one of the dumbest things in the world to do!

Yes the Chargers should have had that INT and who knows what would have happened if they did. They also should have thrown the ball instead of becoming so complacent and only running the ball...

Bottom line... Chargers didn't do enough to win and the Broncos did. Nothing more, nothing less.
I think they believed their own hype about running the ball to control the clock and keeping Manning off the field...apparently it took them most of the game to realize that only works if you're successful running the ball. about the same as the chargers apparently thinking they knew Mannings snap count...only took 5 of the same penalties to realize they were wrong. Some people seem to be talking up McCoy but wouldn't this tend to make one believe that he doesn't have the slightest idea what he's doing ?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they believed their own hype about running the ball to control the clock and keeping Manning off the field...apparently it took them most of the game to realize that only works if you're successful running the ball. about the same as the chargers apparently thinking they knew Mannings snap count...only took 5 of the same penalties to realize they were wrong. Some people seem to be talking up McCoy but wouldn't this tend to make one believe that he doesn't have the slightest idea what he's doing ?

I understand and do believe in keeping Manning off the field aspect... However, if you constantly go 3 and out and maybe get one first down that doesn't keep him off the field at all and it gives Manning great field position to go from. Once they realized (which apparently they didn't until it was too late) they should have stopped running the ball.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Denver D was fluky in this past game. One of the worst defenses in the league holds Phillip Rivers to 0 points thru 3 quarters? I think the real Denver defense was the one that gave up 17 points in the 4th. Peyton and the receivers are going to have to play better to beat New England.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I understand and do believe in keeping Manning off the field aspect... However, if you constantly go 3 and out and maybe get one first down that doesn't keep him off the field at all and it gives Manning great field position to go from. Once they realized (which apparently they didn't until it was too late) they should have stopped running the ball.

Yeah, I get the theory but you have to have a team built to do that and the Chargers are not built that way. You take the ball out of the hands of your best playmakers until you are behind and fighting the clock. Philip Rivers throwing the ball to Gates and Allen is how SD wins games, imo. And you can throw the ball and still control the clock.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and how unlucky was he when he threw a pass that hit his receiver in the chest in the endzone and it got picked?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Denver D was fluky in this past game. One of the worst defenses in the league holds Phillip Rivers to 0 points thru 3 quarters? I think the real Denver defense was the one that gave up 17 points in the 4th. Peyton and the receivers are going to have to play better to beat New England.

I think peyton played fine... the receivers really effed up. 2 endzone drops (1 led to a pick) and a fumble along with a few other untimely drops

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and how unlucky was he when he threw a pass that hit his receiver in the chest in the endzone and it got picked?

Chest? Try left shoulder as it wasn't lead nearly enough. Basically, a poor throw. Look at it again.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chest? Try left shoulder as it wasn't lead nearly enough. Basically, a poor throw. Look at it again.

Maybe you are the one who should watch it again. It hit Decker right on the NFL symbol of his jersey at the top of his chest. Also might want to realize there was a guy coming from the right to pick it off so if Peyton leads him there is a guy right there ready to pick it off.

Finally did you ever actually play football in your life? My guess is no with your lack of knowledge on the game. Couple of things about playing receiver. The first is you are always taught never try to catch the ball with your body always try to use your hands because things like what happened on that play happen. Part of the reason it bounced like it did was because Decker let the ball get to his body which for that to work the ball has to be placed exactly perfect for that type of catch which would be a little lower on the body. Back of the end zone quarterbacks like to throw it a little higher to make it where their receiver can only catch the ball so it makes sense why Peyton didn't put the ball low. Second you are taught as a receiver that if you can get your hands on it then you can catch it. Which theoretically isn't quite correct but that one is one where it hit his body so it should have been caught. Yes it was a tough catch but one NFL players need to make come playoff time.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I get the theory but you have to have a team built to do that and the Chargers are not built that way. You take the ball out of the hands of your best playmakers until you are behind and fighting the clock. Philip Rivers throwing the ball to Gates and Allen is how SD wins games, imo. And you can throw the ball and still control the clock.

Yes it is.. and they went away from it and ran the ball unsuccessfully and continued to do it.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...with your lack of knowledge on the game.

Now see? That's it. I'm actually an 11 year old girl and I joined this site for a school project. sorry.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you are the one who should watch it again. It hit Decker right on the NFL symbol of his jersey at the top of his chest. Also might want to realize there was a guy coming from the right to pick it off so if Peyton leads him there is a guy right there ready to pick it off.

Finally did you ever actually play football in your life? My guess is no with your lack of knowledge on the game. Couple of things about playing receiver. The first is you are always taught never try to catch the ball with your body always try to use your hands because things like what happened on that play happen. Part of the reason it bounced like it did was because Decker let the ball get to his body which for that to work the ball has to be placed exactly perfect for that type of catch which would be a little lower on the body. Back of the end zone quarterbacks like to throw it a little higher to make it where their receiver can only catch the ball so it makes sense why Peyton didn't put the ball low. Second you are taught as a receiver that if you can get your hands on it then you can catch it. Which theoretically isn't quite correct but that one is one where it hit his body so it should have been caught. Yes it was a tough catch but one NFL players need to make come playoff time.

The throw was perfect. It absolutely could have and probably should have been caught, but the risk of that throw was exactly what happened. When you throw the ball that hard into that tight of a space with that tight coverage, there's a good chance it gets picked.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perfect. right.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was not a better throw that could have been made, unless you count over his head and uncatchable. He took a 50-50 shot at 7 and wound up with 0.