• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Cassel was backing up Tedy Bridgewater and Christian Ponder.....I think using mediocre for Mr. 11-wins is being very generous considering he's backing up QBs that aren't even mediocre themselves..

Thought you were a little smarter. Cassell was the starter this year, and because of injury he is out. He wasnt backing up those guys. Plus you have Hoyer at 6-3 and Mallet starting on Sunday. 3 of Brady's backups have started for another team this year. Brady works with his guys, with the word out is Manning does the opposite, just Peyton being Peyton. Cassell won 7 less games than the 07 team and missed the playoffs. If you think that Indy didnt suck for Luck, cant help you. Luck wouldnt have taken that team with all his picks the first year and went 11-5. Peyton only went 3-13 his first year with 27 picks

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it because hes padding stats or just a competitor? If I played I wouldnt want to be pulled either. I agree though that I think hes full of himself.

Dude is probably the MOST humble guy in the history of sports :wtf2: you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I should know better. :doh: Patriot fans don't understand teams win and lose football games not just QB's. They think its Tom Brady blocking, catching the ball, running the ball, playing defense, making tackles, playing special teams. Not the smartest fanbase that's for sure.

Just saying.

Until they lose. Then it suddenly changes.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Cassel was backing up Tedy Bridgewater and Christian Ponder.....I think using mediocre for Mr. 11-wins is being very generous considering he's backing up QBs that aren't even mediocre themselves..

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, really? Asking a Pats fans for proof? Yeah, good luck with that. :L

Says the guy who refuses to provide a link to Brady "leading the league in bad throws".

Again no self awareness at all.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So once again stretching reality to make point. Cassel started for the Chiefs and had a 10 win season. He was named starter for Vikes and got hurt.

Curtis Painter had no business starting for anyone. Just be glad your team tanked for Luck. Just don't pretend they didn't.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I should know better. :doh: Patriot fans don't understand teams win and lose football games not just QB's. They think its Tom Brady blocking, catching the ball, running the ball, playing defense, making tackles, playing special teams. Not the smartest fanbase that's for sure.

Just saying.

Other than the Colts fan brought up wins, not me. Follow the bouncing ball. :rollseyes:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So once again stretching reality to make point. Cassel started for the Chiefs and had a 10 win season. He was named starter for Vikes and got hurt.

Curtis Painter had no business starting for anyone. Just be glad your team tanked for Luck. Just don't pretend they didn't.

We know the Colts didn't tank to get Luck? Know how I now that? Because the entire front office, coaching staff, and 65% of the roster never got to benefit from getting Luck. You know why? Cause they got fired!! So, you're telling me that the Colts purposely tried to get fired so that another front office, coaching staff, and completely diffferent roster could benefit from the best QB to ever come out of college?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just saying.

Yeah up here in New England the cold weather gets to our brain and we can't appreciate how football is such a team sport... It's just so gol-darned complicated..

It's not like many here didn't see that in action after KC thumped the Patriots and everyone was predicting the end of Brady and the franchise.

And talking about issues with the offensive line and the ability to get in sync with the receivers was seen as Brady wall-washing instead of smart football.

We're so misunderstood. :rollseyes:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning2Luck is on fire today.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched almost all of their games and I would take Peyton over Brady so yeah there is a single person that would take Manning over Brady. It is close as I don't think you can go wrong having either but I think if you put Manning with the Patriots for all of Brady's career he has just as many Super Bowl wins as Brady at this point. Belichick makes a huge difference in the equation for me.

Hey Cdumler, you are probably the best poster on here IMO, you're not looking to troll ever..... if we could kick that Hammer to the curb then this sight might actually fun to talk football..... anyways...I disagree with you saying Manning would have as many SB's as Brady if with Pats. I'm not a Pats fan but have watched Brady and Manning closely all these years. I love the level they have raised the QB position and the rivalry which is unmatched.

Back in 2001, even if Manning got the tuck rule call, I don't see him not turning ball over multiple times in 4 inches of snow. There was no evidence of him being capable of coming back from 10 down in that bad weather in 2001. Today he might be able to but not in 2001 IMO.

In 2003 he was picked off 4 times vs Pats, which shows he was still a TO machine. If he turns ball over once vs a very good Tennessee team in 4 degree weather then Pats don't win.

In 2004 he put up 3 points vs Pats with better weapons than what Pats offered on offense. Pats D was ranked #2. However, because of this, how could we possibly assume he would go into Pittsburgh in worse weather conditions with Pats weapons and do better vs the NFL's #1 defense?

I understand Peyton killed Broncos in a couple of games and is now a Bronco. You see that stuff live and it will shape your opinion. Factor in that Brady's toughest matchup over the years has been the Broncos and I understand your thought process. I just wanted to point out those years and how I remembered where Manning was at the time. Take away those 2 wins he has over Broncos and his playoff stats go way down. His Playoff stats are helped by playing majority inside while Brady's majority has been in bad weather. That's something I know others don't take into consideration when comparing playoff stats.

Manning has come a long way since those days, todays Manning would have as many as Brady but that isn't the debate. I agree that having Belichick as your coach all these years is an obvious advantage. However, I subtract points from that because of Belichick the GM. The continuous turnover of players because of their salary cap managing has put Brady at a continuous disadvantage. His different sets of starting WR is probably unmatched in NFL history. Brady's 1st month of the season seems to always be extended training camp, trying to get new guys up to speed. Without continuity, its hard to grow, and that's the case in any sport. Whether Brady has the best set of receivers or the worst, Belichick believes he can win. The only thing I'm sure of is that without Brady, Belichick doesn't have anything on his head coaching resume.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton has always been called an on-field coach. And some coaches just tighten up and get more conservative in the big moments.

Look at the 'Mile High Miracle'... They'd been moving the ball at will all game, then Flacco throws the bomb, scores a TD, Manning gets the ball back, tied with 30 seconds and two TOs, and the best QB of all time takes a knee? That's a step the fuck up and sling it moment, and he tightened up.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton has always been called an on-field coach. And some coaches just tighten up and get more conservative in the big moments.

Look at the 'Mile High Miracle'... They'd been moving the ball at will all game, then Flacco throws the bomb, scores a TD, Manning gets the ball back, tied with 30 seconds and two TOs, and the best QB of all time takes a knee? That's a step the fuck up and sling it moment, and he tightened up.

You think Peyton was the one who decided to take a knee? OK... It's just another example of Peyton being hurt by bad coaching.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know the Colts didn't tank to get Luck? Know how I now that? Because the entire front office, coaching staff, and 65% of the roster never got to benefit from getting Luck. You know why? Cause they got fired!! So, you're telling me that the Colts purposely tried to get fired so that another front office, coaching staff, and completely diffferent roster could benefit from the best QB to ever come out of college?
Christ, you can't be this dumb?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cdumler, you are probably the best poster on here IMO, you're not looking to troll ever..... if we could kick that Hammer to the curb then this sight might actually fun to talk football..... anyways...I disagree with you saying Manning would have as many SB's as Brady if with Pats. I'm not a Pats fan but have watched Brady and Manning closely all these years. I love the level they have raised the QB position and the rivalry which is unmatched.

Back in 2001, even if Manning got the tuck rule call, I don't see him not turning ball over multiple times in 4 inches of snow. There was no evidence of him being capable of coming back from 10 down in that bad weather in 2001. Today he might be able to but not in 2001 IMO.

In 2003 he was picked off 4 times vs Pats, which shows he was still a TO machine. If he turns ball over once vs a very good Tennessee team in 4 degree weather then Pats don't win.

In 2004 he put up 3 points vs Pats with better weapons than what Pats offered on offense. Pats D was ranked #2. However, because of this, how could we possibly assume he would go into Pittsburgh in worse weather conditions with Pats weapons and do better vs the NFL's #1 defense?

I understand Peyton killed Broncos in a couple of games and is now a Bronco. You see that stuff live and it will shape your opinion. Factor in that Brady's toughest matchup over the years has been the Broncos and I understand your thought process. I just wanted to point out those years and how I remembered where Manning was at the time. Take away those 2 wins he has over Broncos and his playoff stats go way down. His Playoff stats are helped by playing majority inside while Brady's majority has been in bad weather. That's something I know others don't take into consideration when comparing playoff stats.

Manning has come a long way since those days, todays Manning would have as many as Brady but that isn't the debate. I agree that having Belichick as your coach all these years is an obvious advantage. However, I subtract points from that because of Belichick the GM. The continuous turnover of players because of their salary cap managing has put Brady at a continuous disadvantage. His different sets of starting WR is probably unmatched in NFL history. Brady's 1st month of the season seems to always be extended training camp, trying to get new guys up to speed. Without continuity, its hard to grow, and that's the case in any sport. Whether Brady has the best set of receivers or the worst, Belichick believes he can win. The only thing I'm sure of is that without Brady, Belichick doesn't have anything on his head coaching resume.

Yeah, not gonna read that. In fact, I think I'm going to put you on ignore after your latest little pearl.

Baffling how anyone would say Manning when it is clear He can't possibly be ahead of Brady. Brady might not be MVP but its clearly not Manning.

O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D :L

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Peyton was the one who decided to take a knee? OK... It's just another example of Peyton being hurt by bad coaching.

We always hear about how he has FULL control of the offense, right? If it wasn't him, he of all QBs should have to have the clout to say, "fuck that, I'm the GOAT and we have two TOs". If he really wanted to go for it, I dont think any coach stands in his way.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched almost all of their games and I would take Peyton over Brady so yeah there is a single person that would take Manning over Brady. It is close as I don't think you can go wrong having either but I think if you put Manning with the Patriots for all of Brady's career he has just as many Super Bowl wins as Brady at this point. Belichick makes a huge difference in the equation for me.
I'm calling bullshit. I'd like to hook your sorry homer Donkey ass up to a lie detector and ask you how many times you've watched a full New England game with TB under center. I have a hundred bucks that says you haven't seen more than 30-35 of his 200+ career starts. Not sure why you would pretend otherwise, but you appear to be married to a QB that destroyed the Broncos when he was playing for Indy and destroyed them last year in the SB.