• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is shocking is that with that incredible defense, best in the history of football offense and a cream puff ACF West schedule they have even lost a game.

There is no reason that the Broncos should have lost 1 game, let alone 2 and I'm sure Peyton has been reminding his teammates that it is all THEIR fault.

To to his defense those were 2 tough matchups. Recent woes to Seattle and career woes to Tom at 30% . I doubt a page will go up w/o HD gif of last season's playoff game. He has played that one more than Happy Bday is sung daily

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember we were 14-0 and leading at halftime against the Jets. Every starter got pulled and we ended up losing the game. Us Colts fans will never forget that.....the chance at a perfect season. But then again who wants to be Brady and the Pats and go 18-1? And to make matters worse, lose to Eli! Hahahaha

Sure tough pill to swallow lose by 3 to Eli or lose by 33 to Wilson. One guy had 0 t/o's the other one had 4, you guess

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we be honest for a minute? Brady has put up stats, won games, and temporarily broke records, but he hasn't won a "ring" in over a decade. Is it because he's not as good at what he once was?

Uh oh. :shocked:

Sonny, what say you? Youse guise predicted 19-0 on the way to a Lombardi this season, I agreed, we all agreed! No excuses! Show me the Lombardi!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

To to his defense those were 2 tough matchups. Recent woes to Seattle and career woes to Tom at 30% . I doubt a page will go up w/o HD gif of last season's playoff game. He has played that one more than Happy Bday is sung daily

Because it completely invalidates the #1 argument that Bradyites use in their nonstop quest to disparage Peyton Manning. And they hate it. That's why I keep posting it, Sonny.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sonny, what say you? Youse guise predicted 19-0 on the way to a Lombardi this season, I agreed, we all agreed! No excuses! Show me the Lombardi!

I didn't predict 19-0 but bought some nice t-shirts that stated that. Lombardi is in NY or is it NJ?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it completely invalidates the #1 argument that Bradyites use in their nonstop quest to disparage Peyton Manning. And they hate it. That's why I keep posting it, Sonny.

Hammer we dont disparage him and most Pats fan's have Manning as being the 3rd best ever,and most Pats fans have Montana as no#1,. while Manningites has him as the GOAT? why? Because he is setting records due to his long career, because he is "the smartest player ever or is the coach on the field" guys buy into that crap too much. If Brady was able to win the 2 vs Giants then he would no doubt be no#1 but he failed. Michael Jordan is conisidered the best because of the titles he helped bring to Chi-town and Magic Johnson as the greatest point guard, because same with Lakers

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one on this board predicted that and you know it.

If there were any of those posts, it was by you.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer we dont disparage him and most Pats fan's have Manning as being the 3rd best ever,and most Pats fans have Montana as no#1,. while Manningites has him as the GOAT? why? Because he is setting records due to his long career, because he is "the smartest player ever or is the coach on the field" guys buy into that crap too much. If Brady was able to win the 2 vs Giants then he would no doubt be no#1 but he failed. Michael Jordan is conisidered the best because of the titles he helped bring to Chi-town and Magic Johnson as the greatest point guard, because same with Lakers

Pretty reasonable for a Patriots fan.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty reasonable for a Patriots fan.

Yup hard to argue with him...but its a fantasy football world we live in stats are valued above all else with many.

I'll go as far and say titles were overvalued in the past. Bradshaw clearly isn't on the short list of potential GOATS despite his 4 rings.

For me it's about everything. For some it's clearly just stats because otherwise they wouldn't say a guy who is 1 game under .500 in the postseason and 1-2 in SBS is the GOAT over Joe Montana who had stats and all time great postseason success.

Team sport blah blah blah.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana is not the GOAT, however, he is a legend, a worthy HOFer, and one of the greatest of all time. I'm a die-hard ND fan (but not a fan of the NCAA, but that's a whole other discussion) and I love Montana, but to put him above the like of Manning is ridiculous. You see, Manning gets bashed cuz he had "weapons", on the other hand Joe Montana had, not only a ton of weapons, but the greatest weapon of all time! Joe Montana had a defense, a great defense! Is that his fault? Absolutely not, but he absolutely benefitted from it. Joe Montana played in an era with no salary cap, so the 49ers "loaded up"...is that his fault? Nope, just like Peyton playing in an era with pass happy rules. Football back then you could buy teams ala the Yankees and Red Sox, these days you either need a great front office, or a great QB to carry bad football teams. Manning did that. Heck, even I would put Brady above Montana....no joke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to reiterate, the greatest QB and the QB with the most success are not one in the same. Most success does apply to the NBA because a great player in 1 of 5 men who plays in 90% of the game on both sides of the court. On the other hand, as a QB you are 1 of 11 men, playing 50% of a game, and only playing one side of the field. You kids these days need a little help cuz ur ignorant, and you old fucker need to realize that your hero's of your yesteryear do not stack up to the athletes of today....off my soap box

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana is not the GOAT, however, he is a legend, a worthy HOFer, and one of the greatest of all time. I'm a die-hard ND fan (but not a fan of the NCAA, but that's a whole other discussion) and I love Montana, but to put him above the like of Manning is ridiculous.

So....Joe Montana is a legend, a worthy HOF and one of the greatest of all time, but it's ridiculous to suggest he's above Peyton Manning?

Do you even know what you are talking about?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was JUST about to say "Uh oh, here comes Ricky Roma." :L

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget 'fanbois' and all that other nonsense. Anything except refute facts and all.

Heh...too easy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....Joe Montana is a legend, a worthy HOF and one of the greatest of all time, but it's ridiculous to suggest he's above Peyton Manning?

Do you even know what you are talking about?

Of course I do.....love both QBs, but Peyton is far superior.....and it's not even close

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I do.....love both QBs, but Peyton is far superior.....and it's not even close

Of course it's not. Again...'Joe Montana is a legend and one of the greatest of all time.....but is not even close to Peyton Manning.'

Makes sense....to a 9 year old I guess.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see, nowadays everyone benefits from rule changes, but back then, only a few teams could load up on talent. Teams that had fiscal backing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's not. Again...'Joe Montana is a legend and one of the greatest of all time.....but is not even close to Peyton Manning.'

Makes sense....to a 9 year old I guess.

Not sure why this upsets you? I love Montana, gave my respects, and carefully made an argument that he's inferior to Manning AND Brady

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much irrelevant to any discussion of 'who is the better QB'....but of course, you HAVE to say something.