• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the point of those recent posts was to show that Peyton's margin for error in the postseason, for whatever reason is much smaller than Brady in the postseason.

Yeah but a part of that is organizational philosophy of the teams at those points in their careers that never had anything to do with the QB's themselves.

Manning never had the defenses that Brady had because his team was spending all their money to surround him with talent on offense that Brady never had (except for the couple of years with Moss and Welker).

A lot of those stats aren't surprising at all. Of course Manning had to put up better numbers than Brady to win a game in the playoffs....its because the Colts and the Broncos put some of the most talented offensive teams in league history around him at the expense of their defense.

I really don't have a dog in this fight as I am not a fan of either team. Brady has had his bad playoff games. Every QB has. But Manning has consistently had bad games in the playoffs despite having offenses built just for him. You really can't argue Manning's choker label IMO. He has done it too consistently to ignore.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but a part of that is organizational philosophy of the teams at those points in their careers that never had anything to do with the QB's themselves.

Manning never had the defenses that Brady had because his team was spending all their money to surround him with talent on offense that Brady never had (except for the couple of years with Moss and Welker).

A lot of those stats aren't surprising at all. Of course Manning had to put up better numbers than Brady to win a game in the playoffs....its because the Colts and the Broncos put some of the most talented offensive teams in league history around him at the expense of their defense.

I really don't have a dog in this fight as I am not a fan of either team. Brady has had his bad playoff games. Every QB has. But Manning has consistently had bad games in the playoffs despite having offenses built just for him. You really can't argue Manning's choker label IMO. He has done it too consistently to ignore.

How can you call Manning a "choker" when there are only 2 specific games you can point to that he quote "choked in." You falling into that same trap dude.

I just proved to you that Brady has had just as many bad postseason games as Manning.

I might be willing to concede he's had more good playoff games as well but still.

Good defense always beats good offense. This isn't hard to figure out. It doesn't really matter how stacked your offense is. To of the greatest offenses in NFL history(07 pats, 13 Broncos) got shut down by elite defenses. When it comes to the postseason you have to have a good defense or at the very least a defense that can create lots of turnovers like the 09 saints.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one more thing....

While Manning has more consistently choked, the biggest choke job of the bunch was by Brady during the almost perfect season culminating with the inexplicable defeat in the SB by the Giant's.

Brady's unwillingness and inability to go to Moss during that playoff run was probably the dumbest thing I have ever seen an NFL team do.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Peyton's sake, i hope you right. Sanders is better than Decker and they have a deeper stable of running backs. The defense does seem marginally improved, although any time they face a good offense they struggle.

Can't say i'm rooting for him though.

I ride and die with the Raiders and Aaron Rodgers.

Sorry brah but you gonna die with Raiders but you have a winner in Rodgers. I also root for him, cause he is likeable. He laughs, gets in all those crazy pics, doesnt take himself serious, I like that in a QB vs one that could be up 40 and still can't crack a smile or get emotional with his players on sidelines. BTW i dies with the Pats since 1970 or so ( young kid) and didn't have any success till Bledsoe got injured, so prob why so partial to TB

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you extrapolate Mannings career playoff numbers you would get a QB that throws for a lot of yards ( about 4500 per year ), a decent amount of TD's ( 25 per year ) and a shit ton of INT's ( about 17 per year ). This QB would have a decent but not great QBR hovering around 90. Basically Peyton Manning in the polayoffs is Matthew Stafford in the regular season. And thats not bad but lets not pretend like he has been severely let down by his teams. He has been above average but mistake prone. The difference between Manning in the playoffs and Stafford in the regular season is Stafford finds ways to win games late in the regular season :) LOL

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the AFC Championship game this last year wasn't a big game?

Stop bringing that up. We pretend like that never happened around here. It's off-limits. Period.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop bringing that up. We pretend like that never happened around here. It's off-limits. Period.

How could we when you put up the gif at least once a day. Brady sucked, Pats lost ,end of story.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Brady good in the AFC title game last year?

No, but he wasn't downright awful. It just seemed that way because Manning vas vastly superior that one game.

That loss is squarely on Brady's shoulders and he took sole responsibility in the press conference afterward. Can't remember having more respect for a football player than I did for Tom Brady when he did what his apologists will never do.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry brah but you gonna die with Raiders but you have a winner in Rodgers. I also root for him, cause he is likeable. He laughs, gets in all those crazy pics, doesnt take himself serious, I like that in a QB vs one that could be up 40 and still can't crack a smile or get emotional with his players on sidelines. BTW i dies with the Pats since 1970 or so ( young kid) and didn't have any success till Bledsoe got injured, so prob why so partial to TB

It's awful. Raider fans don't deserve this. I honestly can't blame them for their loyalty starting to wane. When you suck this long that kind of thing happens. I can't abandon the team that i grew up loving. I could have easily jumped the Niners bandwagon but i've never liked the Niners much.

And that's very true about Rodgers. That might be why he does so well. He never puts to much pressure on himself while still staying serious and having that competitive fire when it's time.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you call Manning a "choker" when there are only 2 specific games you can point to that he quote "choked in." You falling into that same trap dude.

I just proved to you that Brady has had just as many bad postseason games as Manning.

You haven't proven ****.

Manning has more than 2 chokes to his record. Hell he has choked in each of the last two years.

The SB last year obviously was his one of his crowning chokes. But what about the Ravens game the year before where he gifted the Raven's the ball in OT right in FG range? Sure he played well before that but when the pressure was at its highest, he again played his worst.

Or how about his last playoff game with the Colt's when Manning's ass puckered so tight in the 4th quarter that he didn't try to advance the ball once he got into FG range not once but twice allowing the other team to stay within firing distance.

Or how about the 2007 Charger game where he once again starts to pee down his leg in the late moments of the game where 8 of his final 9 passes go incomplete.

I could go one but why bother.

Just because Manning put up good numbers in a game didn't mean he didn't choke. When you have the type of offenses he has had, you expect 4th quarter competence and SO many times Manning has given the game away when it mattered the most.

This isn't even a matter of debate if you have watched these guy's careers. There isn't a single person who could watch all the games from Manning and Brady's playoff careers back to back and come away saying that they would take Manning over Brady in a big game. Stats don't tell the whole story of how games are won and lost.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched almost all of their games and I would take Peyton over Brady so yeah there is a single person that would take Manning over Brady. It is close as I don't think you can go wrong having either but I think if you put Manning with the Patriots for all of Brady's career he has just as many Super Bowl wins as Brady at this point. Belichick makes a huge difference in the equation for me.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched almost all of their games and I would take Peyton over Brady so yeah there is a single person that would take Manning over Brady..

Yeah I should have said any objective person who isn't a complete homer because Manning happens to be their QB now or in the past.

And if we could loop their playoff performances for you all back to back, I'm still not sure even the most homerish of fan could pick Manning.

And I say this as a person who thinks Manning is hands down the best QB to ever play the position in the regular season and that there isn't even a close 2nd. No one has played the game at as high of a level as Manning. But his playoff performances have almost always left us wanting.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched almost all of their games and I would take Peyton over Brady so yeah there is a single person that would take Manning over Brady. It is close as I don't think you can go wrong having either but I think if you put Manning with the Patriots for all of Brady's career he has just as many Super Bowl wins as Brady at this point. Belichick makes a huge difference in the equation for me.

You need to win a game, you take Peyton Manning. Ask 100 football coaches, they all take him. Brady can barely get the ball to Gronkowski right now and frankly, it's getting embarrassing and hard to watch.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sheesh I was saying those things before he came to Denver. You don't know me yet here you are making complete assumptions. I got front row views of Manning completely tearing through the Broncos in the playoffs on more than one occasion. I've gotten an even better view now seeing him play for the Broncos and getting the chance to talk to people who are inside Dove Valley and just how much of a difference this guy makes on a franchise. I'm sure the same thing can be said of Tom Brady and like I said I don't think you go wrong picking either of them. They are both 1st ballot HOF quarterbacks that most likely will be discussed as top-5 for their careers the rest of their lives. So me picking one over the other is not a slight at the other in any way. I respect the heck out of both of them. I also don't understand why so many on here try to discredit either of these guys so much. It is ridiculous in my opinion. They both have had bad games in big games. They both have had great games in big games. Why can't we just leave it at that instead of having to tear down one of them to lift up the other?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you extrapolate Mannings career playoff numbers you would get a QB that throws for a lot of yards ( about 4500 per year ), a decent amount of TD's ( 25 per year ) and a shit ton of INT's ( about 17 per year ). This QB would have a decent but not great QBR hovering around 90. Basically Peyton Manning in the polayoffs is Matthew Stafford in the regular season. And thats not bad but lets not pretend like he has been severely let down by his teams. He has been above average but mistake prone. The difference between Manning in the playoffs and Stafford in the regular season is Stafford finds ways to win games late in the regular season :) LOL

The problem with that extrapolation is that you are playing playoff caliber teams in a post-season rather than a few in the regular season combined with terrible and mediocre teams. I would imagine many stats shift slightly if you consider the post-season and extrapolate the data.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't proven ****.

Manning has more than 2 chokes to his record. Hell he has choked in each of the last two years.

The SB last year obviously was his one of his crowning chokes. But what about the Ravens game the year before where he gifted the Raven's the ball in OT right in FG range? Sure he played well before that but when the pressure was at its highest, he again played his worst.

Or how about his last playoff game with the Colt's when Manning's ass puckered so tight in the 4th quarter that he didn't try to advance the ball once he got into FG range not once but twice allowing the other team to stay within firing distance.

Or how about the 2007 Charger game where he once again starts to pee down his leg in the late moments of the game where 8 of his final 9 passes go incomplete.

I could go one but why bother.

Just because Manning put up good numbers in a game didn't mean he didn't choke. When you have the type of offenses he has had, you expect 4th quarter competence and SO many times Manning has given the game away when it mattered the most.

This isn't even a matter of debate if you have watched these guy's careers. There isn't a single person who could watch all the games from Manning and Brady's playoff careers back to back and come away saying that they would take Manning over Brady in a big game. Stats don't tell the whole story of how games are won and lost.

You blame Peyton for Ravens loss even though he had a drive to take the lead in the final minute only to see his defense give up a 70 yard bomb. I've already admitted that ot pick was an awful decision and an awful throw. But to blame Peyton as the sole reason they lost is something a blind hater would say.

You mean his last playoff game with the colts when he had another drive to take the lead with a field goal with a minute to play. He got them into field goal range which was all he needed to do. Especially considering the other quarterback was Mark Sanchez you expect the defense to preserve that lead but they didn't. How is that his fault.

Also hasn't Brady had multiple playoff games where all he needed was field goal. He gets his team into field goal range to have Vinatieri kick a 50 yard goal to win or take the lead. Usually Brady's defense preserves the lead for him.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that extrapolation is that you are playing playoff caliber teams in a post-season rather than a few in the regular season combined with terrible and mediocre teams. I would imagine many stats shift slightly if you consider the post-season and extrapolate the data.

Oh I know but its still fun :)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also back to that Ravens game, I think everyone forgets that game went to Double OT so it's not like Manning threw a pick on the first play.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You blame Peyton for Ravens loss even though he had a drive to take the lead in the final minute only to see his defense give up a 70 yard bomb. I've already admitted that ot pick was an awful decision and an awful throw. But to blame Peyton as the sole reason they lost is something a blind hater would say.

You mean his last playoff game with the colts when he had another drive to take the lead with a field goal with a minute to play. He got them into field goal range which was all he needed to do. Especially considering the other quarterback was Mark Sanchez you expect the defense to preserve that lead but they didn't. How is that his fault.

Also hasn't Brady had multiple playoff games where all he needed was field goal. He gets his team into field goal range to have Vinatieri kick a 50 yard goal to win or take the lead. Usually Brady's defense preserves the lead for him.

That 70 yard bomb has less of an impact if Peyton does not fumble earlier in the game leading to a Raven's score, and if he did not throw a pick 6.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 70 yard bomb has less of an impact if Peyton does not fumble earlier in the game leading to a Raven's score, and if he did not throw a pick 6.

You mean the pick 6 that was dropped by Eric Decker because of a pass interference? That one.

How is that more relevant than the defense giving up a 70 yard pass with under a minute left?

To blame Peyton for that loss is proof positive that your a hater. He contributed to loss but he wasn't the sole reason why they lost.