• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Sonny, I know you're joking. Please tell me you are. Brady "has ice in his veins?" Why haven't you won shit in a decade? Why did he lay a massive goose egg in the AFC CG? You're winning IN SPITE of him, Sonny. You need a new QB.

No I'm being dead serious and so does the public think , that why he was a 63% fav as the guy they would select in a big game. Your guy hasn't won shit either in a long time and the 1 time was in spite of him. 3/7 int in playoffs so D carried him . He had the lowest QBR in the playoffs ever. Thank you Rex

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm being dead serious and so does the public think , that why he was a 63% fav as the guy they would select in a big game. Your guy hasn't won shit either in a long time and the 1 time was in spite of him. 3/7 int in playoffs so D carried him . He had the lowest QBR in the playoffs ever. Thank you Rex

The public watches ESPN, Sonny. :L

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH for fucks sake HD. You were slowly coming back around and now it is right back to the "winning in spite of him" crap. Brady is pacing for 4250 yards, 39 TD's/5 INT's, 65% completion, a QBR well over 100 and a record of 12-4/13-3 with a defense that is ranked behind the likes of Minnesota, Buffalo and Washington. We get it, you dont think he is as good as he used to be. That is hardly "winning in spite of him" though.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things being equal or close to it, I would agree with you but Denver has a much better team on both sides of the ball. Julian/Demaryius/Sanders/Welker and that O-line does not give up sacks. They didn't give up 1 in the SB and lead the league this year. The secondary is pretty equal imo and Denver has the edge on the line with Ware/Miller

I agree. Just going with a Manning lead teams tendency.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia, all joking aside, you got your first article ready for the blog? It's shaping up, man.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia, all joking aside, you got your first article ready for the blog? It's shaping up, man.

Actually I was going to get to work on it today. Still debating a few ideas but I should zip through it once i Get them hammered out.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The public watches ESPN, Sonny. :L

Actually NFL network plus I listen to Favre and Bradsaw. I think Terry was a little harsh when he said,"if you like losing SB's then Peyton is your guy"

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually NFL network plus I listen to Favre and Bradsaw. I think Terry was a little harsh when he said,"if you like losing SB's then Peyton is your guy"

Its true sadly enough.

Manning and his fan's simply can't run away from the fact that he has never played his best football in the biggest games. That's why he gets the choker label and why it is deserved.

Heck the only year he won a ring, he played closer to Trent Dilfer than he did an elite NFL QB.

Manning is hands down the best regular season QB there has ever been. He however has been a so-so QB in the playoffs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its true sadly enough.

Manning and his fan's simply can't run away from the fact that he has never played his best football in the biggest games. That's why he gets the choker label and why it is deserved.

Heck the only year he won a ring, he played closer to Trent Dilfer than he did an elite NFL QB.

Manning is hands down the best regular season QB there has ever been. He however has been a so-so QB in the playoffs.

So I guess the AFC Championship game this last year wasn't a big game? I guess his 75% completion percentage, 400 yards, 2 touchdowns, 0 interception, 118 quarterback rating in a Championship game is not showing up in a big game.

I guess his 2009 AFC Championship where he even put up better stats than last year's AFC Championship show once again that he can't play big in big games.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the AFC Championship game this last year wasn't a big game? I guess his 75% completion percentage, 400 yards, 2 touchdowns, 0 interception, 118 quarterback rating in a Championship game is not showing up in a big game.

I guess his 2009 AFC Championship where he even put up better stats than last year's AFC Championship show once again that he can't play big in big games.

Compared to at least 4 that he completely stunk in.

Which QB put up the lowest QBR in their playoff histories -- Manning or Brady?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to at least 4 that he completely stunk in.

Which QB put up the lowest QBR in their playoff histories -- Manning or Brady?
Which QB put up the highest QBR in their playoff histories -- Manning or Brady?

Well the answer to both of those is Peyton Manning. He had a QBR of 31.2 in his 3rd post season game and then a perfect 158.3 in a game against the Broncos later in his career.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you changed your question...I'm guessing you found what I did that Peyton had the better QBR in a single game so it hurt your cause.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also faced the number 11,1,2,3 defenses in the league in the postseason respectively, easily the hardest playoff schedule any quarterback has had to face in nfl history.

And i would hardly say the defense carried him in the AFC title game or in the super bowl that year.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some of those big games:

1999: QBR 62.3 (one and done)
2002: QBR 31.2 (one and done)
2003: QBR 35.5
2004: QBR 69.3 (to be fair, there are people who say Brady's rating of 70 in one of his playoff games is bad, so I am using that as a bench mark)

He also had a stinker where his team carried him, which also happened to be the only year he won a SB (3 tds, 7 ints in those playoffs)

2006: 39.6

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you changed your question...I'm guessing you found what I did that Peyton had the better QBR in a single game so it hurt your cause.

Nope I posted both, then it got changed to a double up.

And yes Manning has the highest of the two. Less games overall (which goes into the slightly higher QBR)

gah I cannot type worth a crap today

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JasonCarrier I can do the same thing for Tom Brady...heck there are games where he had a quarterback rating in the 50's and won. So not like every playoff game that Tom Brady has won was because of him and his awesome ability. In his first Super Bowl run he had a game where he threw for 115 yards! So if you are going to point towards Peyton being carried to his Super Bowl win then same thing needs to be said of Tom Brady. His second Super Bowl he had 2 straight games of a quarterback rating in the 70's and his team won despite his average at best play. So don't point out Peyton's short comings and yet miss out on Tom's either. This is why it is the ultimate team game. No one person can claim victory or defeat for the team.

Heck since Peyton has been in Denver the Broncos have not won a game where he had a quarterback rating below 90. You talk about all the talent he has on this team but to me that shows they depend quite a bit on Peyton to win right now.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing about that super bowl run for Manning. The Colts defense which was one of the worst in the NFL that season actually stepped up for the first and only time in Peyton's career and actually helped him win a playoff game instead of giving game winning drives to Mark Sanchez and Billy Volek.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also faced the number 11,1,2,3 defenses in the league in the postseason respectively, easily the hardest playoff schedule any quarterback has had to face in nfl history.

And i would hardly say the defense carried him in the AFC title game or in the super bowl that year.

And each of those years, Manning had the top offense. If he is the GOAT, he should be able to overcome that (again using the logic of others on this board)

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want, i can pull up all the playoff games Brady sucked dick in and still won(a common theme with him).

I repeat, Manning has had a drive to take the lead in the final minute of 4 playoff games, only to see his defense blow it. Most in NFL history. Peyton also had 2 potential game tying drives only to see his kicker shank wide right both times.

Luckily Brady had the most clutch kicker of all time in Vinatieri, who never missed a big kick.

He's had more dropped passes by recievers then any other qb in NFL history. I believe the second closest is Aaron Rodgers, surprise surprise.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And each of those years, Manning had the top offense. If he is the GOAT, he should be able to overcome that (again using the logic of others on this board)

Good defense always beats good offense. We've seen that time and time again.

You of all people should know that. And again he played great in the AFC title game and played well in the super bowl.