• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How quickly some NE fans or Brady fans seem to forget the AFC Championship game where Tom Brady was getting tossed around and missing receivers by 5 yards when they were wide open. I can handle a beat down in the regular season as long as Peyton just keeps beating Brady in the playoffs. I mean Manning has won the last 2 meetings in the playoffs when it actually matters that you win. You know the whole when you don't want to choke time...
No one has forgotten the AFC CG last year, it's just irrelevant to my comment. Made even more so by reviewing the highlights of the Super Bowl two weeks later.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady gave his teams leads late in the 4th quarter and the D couldn't stop the Giants from scoring. Now if he threw a ill advised pick 6 then yes it would be his fault. All 5 SB's the Pats had leads in the 4th quarter and the D blew them. Fortunately they were able to win the first 3 and unfortunately lost the last 3. All you can ask is to give your team a chance and not put them in a big hole with costly turnovers

Yet the narrative by some here is completely different lol

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just asking for honest answers, Sonny. :noidea: Why won't anyone address my concerns? rmilia pretends like he's objective ("I'm actually a huge Peyton Manning fan") so I'm especially dismayed by his refusal to answer these concerns of mine.

Remember back when you were "actually a huge Tom Brady fan?" and it was only us fans and the organization that you despised?

:L

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis is an indoor stadium so doubt you will hear much about Manning playing in the cold this week. The Broncos are actually practicing inside as they just finished building the Broncos new practice facility that is supposed to now be the top facility in the NFL from what I understand so they will take full advantage of that.

This game should actually be a concern for the Broncos. Winning the game won't be a problem, but this Rams team has remembered how to get to the QB. Carson Palmer is now out for the year. We all know Peyton Manning & the word mobile don't compute. If he gets hurt the Broncos are done.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that people see Manning as the starting quarterback and automatically favor his team instead of looking at the overall teams to see whether they should actually be favored. Vegas knows that people will vote for all stars not actually doing any kind of research into the game. I mean it is pretty obvious to see when Manning is still favored even on the road sometimes in the playoffs that should show people are betting towards Manning not the actual team.

Im not intending to only point out his shortcomings. Manning is the best QB I have ever seen in my lifetimne. He has a truly unique ability to put his team in the best possible play almost every snap. He can make every throw and is far and away the smartest QB I have ever seen. I just think if you are talking about a guy you need to use all the facts. The facts are that Manning led teams have a strange tendency to lose playoff games they shouldnt lose. Now clearly not all of that is on Peyton and should never all be put on him BUT we always give QBs the credit when teams succeed and when they fail so its not unfair to do so with Peyton anymore than it is unfair to do it with anyone else. Part of the curse of being an all time great is that when your team loses it almost always falls on your shoulders. Hell Im sure if you asked Peyton he would tell you the same thing.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember back when you were "actually a huge Tom Brady fan?" and it was only us fans and the organization that you despised?

:L

:rollseyes:

"I like Tom Brady." That's what I said, Homer. And I said why I liked him. Hell, call me crazy but I like Belichick too. It's Robert Kraft who I have an unabiding loathing for.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has forgotten the AFC CG last year, it's just irrelevant to my comment. Made even more so by reviewing the highlights of the Super Bowl two weeks later.

Your comment was about 2 weeks ago when the Broncos lost and making it sound like Manning can't play in big games. Just pointed out he has done just fine when it mattered in the playoffs against NE. Now yes NE has had his number in the regular season quite often but Manning has actually done quite well against NE in the playoffs. To me that should be what matters over him losing in the regular season to them.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your comment was about 2 weeks ago when the Broncos lost and making it sound like Manning can't play in big games. Just pointed out he has done just fine when it mattered in the playoffs against NE. Now yes NE has had his number in the regular season quite often but Manning has actually done quite well against NE in the playoffs. To me that should be what matters over him losing in the regular season to them.

absolutely they are 2-2 in playoffs

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning's career won't be defined solely by how he performed against New England in the playoffs. Unfortunately for the Peyton fans, it will be defined by how he's performed against "everybody else" in the playoffs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning's career won't be defined solely by how he performed against New England in the playoffs. Unfortunately for the Peyton fans, it will be defined by how he's performed against "everybody else" in the playoffs.

So 3 Super Bowl Trips winning one is considered a horrible career? Some keep acting like he has never won a playoff game in his life. The guy has still had success just some bad games that take his career down a bit. I'm not saying we should erase his playoff history from what we talk about with Peyton but it is not like he has been just down right terrible in the playoffs. Heck he has a higher quarterback rating than that of Tom Brady. So statistically speaking he has actually outplayed Tom Brady up to this point in the playoffs.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the original post to this thread was that Manning had bad luck in the playoffs. By the time any team gets into the playoffs, "luck" has little to with overall performance of the "team". I hate seeing Manning or Brady get saddled with any loss because regardless of their individual performance, the team usually shits the bed. Every once in a great while, there is a weird play that could be considered 'luck' like the helmet catch in the Super Bowl. The chance of a catch like happening again are probably 1,000,000 to 1. But it happened, it was a legitimate catch and it gave life to the Giants. On the other side, watching the Eagles walk around in the Super Bowl instead of running up to the line of scrimmage gave half of the Eagle fans heart problems they haven't over come.

From what I've seen on TV, it's what 13 degrees in Denver? This polar cold id continuing to push south and is supposed to stay until next week. I have to assume Fox has the Broncos practicing in the cold because St. Louis isn't escaping the cold, as they were at 22 this morning. If it stays this cold for Sunday's games, I'm sure there will be a lot of noise about Manning and cold weather. I thought Manning did pretty well in the cold at Foxboro last year and he didn't step one foot on the field during punts.

Denver is playing in a dome this weekend, so I doubt there will much talk about his cold weather performances.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game should actually be a concern for the Broncos. Winning the game won't be a problem, but this Rams team has remembered how to get to the QB. Carson Palmer is now out for the year. We all know Peyton Manning & the word mobile don't compute. If he gets hurt the Broncos are done.

Every game is a concern and you always want to protect your QB. Just gotta mention that no one even touched Palmer when he blew out his knee out Sunday.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 3 Super Bowl Trips winning one is considered a horrible career? .

Not at all but his playoff record is simply not that of the GOAT. he has had some good games vs NE in playoffs but he has also been the main reason they lost some games also. 2003 and 2004 come to mind. Heck in 2004 the Pats had Troy Brown playing nickel back vs the (at the time) record setting offense and they scored 3 points.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 3 Super Bowl Trips winning one is considered a horrible career? Some keep acting like he has never won a playoff game in his life. The guy has still had success just some bad games that take his career down a bit. I'm not saying we should erase his playoff history from what we talk about with Peyton but it is not like he has been just down right terrible in the playoffs. Heck he has a higher quarterback rating than that of Tom Brady. So statistically speaking he has actually outplayed Tom Brady up to this point in the playoffs.

People call Brady a failure because he is 3-2 in SBs (18-9 overall in the playoffs)

If that is the case, then what does that make Manning at 1-2 (11-12 overall with 8 of those being one and done)

Their difference in rating (not much) does not make up for the disparity in records.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all but his playoff record is simply not that of the GOAT. he has had some good games vs NE in playoffs but he has also been the main reason they lost some games also. 2003 and 2004 come to mind. Heck in 2004 the Pats had Troy Brown playing nickel back vs the (at the time) record setting offense and they scored 3 points.

So your saying that Brady is better than Peyton because of his superior postseason record?

I assume you think guys like Joe Flacco and Ben Roethlisberger are better in the postseason than Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning right?

I hope not, otherwise your a complete idiot with an elementary look at the game.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People call Brady a failure because he is 3-2 in SBs (18-9 overall in the playoffs)

If that is the case, then what does that make Manning at 1-2 (11-12 overall with 8 of those being one and done)

Their difference in rating (not much) does not make up for the disparity in records.

Nope, their respective teams do.

And only idiots or haters like Hammer, think Brady is a failure. He's one of the 5 greatest of all time.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady started 10-0 in the playoffs. What happened to him since then?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually Brady is 18-8 hoping your not forshadowing anything. I don't know how the ratings work but Brady has more TD's and less int than Manning in the playoffs, what what its worth. Again they both haven't won squat in awhile and one needs to make it count 1 more time before they retire

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady started 10-0 in the playoffs. What happened to him since then?

Yep and since then he's been 8-8. Although i'd argue the Brady that was going 8-8 in the postseason was infinetly better and much more impressive then the one that went 10-0.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and since then he's been 8-8. Although i'd argue the Brady that was going 8-8 in the postseason was infinetly better and much more impressive then the one that went 10-0.

I would too but evidently he's much worse and a playoff choker now.