• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. He is 9-8 in playoff games he is favored in and only 2-4 as the underdog. That means he is favored almost 75% of the time. Thats a shit ton. It also means he should be like 12-5 or 13-4 in those games though. Thats all Im saying.

Teams win and lose playoff games not just QB's. Quit listening to ESPN and Skip Bayless. Just saying.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Colts/Broncos win - it was a great team effort
When Colts/Broncos lose - Manning blew it

It'll never change.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams win and lose playoff games not just QB's. Quit listening to ESPN and Skip Bayless. Just saying.

Sure man, Playerws also accumulate records. QBs dont throw TD's to themselves, block for themselves or win regular season games themselves. Every stat is a team stat, If you want to use stats to tout greateness then you also have to use stats to point out shortcomings in players. Thats the way it will always be.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Colts/Broncos win - it was a great team effort
When Colts/Broncos lose - Manning blew it

It'll never change.

And conversely...

When the Pats win "Brady is the GOAT!!!"

When the Pats lose "Brady can't do it alone!!!"

Did you hear Cowherd screaming about "get Brady some help" after that KC game? But after last week he's asking who can stop them!

Brady apologists like rmilia are quickly running out of valid criticism of Peyton Manning so they just repeat the same shit more often and louder. They'll never admit the laughable double standard and sometimes it seems like they honestly aren't even aware of it. It's fascinating!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure man, Playerws also accumulate records. QBs dont throw TD's to themselves, block for themselves or win regular season games themselves. Every stat is a team stat, If you want to use stats to tout greateness then you also have to use stats to point out shortcomings in players. Thats the way it will always be.

Attachments

• brady.jpg
    brady.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 29

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the original post to this thread was that Manning had bad luck in the playoffs. By the time any team gets into the playoffs, "luck" has little to with overall performance of the "team". I hate seeing Manning or Brady get saddled with any loss because regardless of their individual performance, the team usually shits the bed. Every once in a great while, there is a weird play that could be considered 'luck' like the helmet catch in the Super Bowl. The chance of a catch like happening again are probably 1,000,000 to 1. But it happened, it was a legitimate catch and it gave life to the Giants. On the other side, watching the Eagles walk around in the Super Bowl instead of running up to the line of scrimmage gave half of the Eagle fans heart problems they haven't over come.

From what I've seen on TV, it's what 13 degrees in Denver? This polar cold id continuing to push south and is supposed to stay until next week. I have to assume Fox has the Broncos practicing in the cold because St. Louis isn't escaping the cold, as they were at 22 this morning. If it stays this cold for Sunday's games, I'm sure there will be a lot of noise about Manning and cold weather. I thought Manning did pretty well in the cold at Foxboro last year and he didn't step one foot on the field during punts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No crickets. I already said what I wanted to say. Lines are set to get equal betting on both sides. The facorites are still supposed to win. Thats why they are the favorites. 9-8 in games you are favored to win is not good. Its just not. That record is not against the spread. Its straight up.

I'm saying that people see Manning as the starting quarterback and automatically favor his team instead of looking at the overall teams to see whether they should actually be favored. Vegas knows that people will vote for all stars not actually doing any kind of research into the game. I mean it is pretty obvious to see when Manning is still favored even on the road sometimes in the playoffs that should show people are betting towards Manning not the actual team.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear Cowherd screaming about "get Brady some help" after that KC game? But after last week he's asking who can stop them!

Why do people still listen to him? With that said the "weapons" narrative goes for both Brady and Manning.

"Look what Manning/Brady does with and without weapons." - You hear that all the time

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all Mannings stats that say he is the best ever are the ones we are supposed to look at but the ones that point to his shortcomings are biased and team stats that should have no bearing on any actual discussion regarding him?? And the NE fans are whiny cry babies who are insecure?? LOL. When a 13-3 team is favored to beat an 11-6 team or when a 12-4 team is favored to beat a 10-6 team it is only favored to do so because Manning is GREAT ( not because the team is better than the other team ) yet when that 13-3 or 12-4 team loses it is not becuase of Manning in any part... Sounds legit.

theseymonsta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO.

Manning is #3 ALL TIME QB. That means he dose not choke, but it does mean he and his teams have run into a team that outplayed THEM more than he and his team outplayed them.

Thats not choking because that takes away from the team that beat his teams.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell that to those who want to blame Brady for the last two SB losses.

If Brady is at fault for those, Manning is at fault for his failures.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all Mannings stats that say he is the best ever are the ones we are supposed to look at but the ones that point to his shortcomings are biased and team stats that should have no bearing on any actual discussion regarding him?? And the NE fans are whiny cry babies who are insecure?? LOL. When a 13-3 team is favored to beat an 11-6 team or when a 12-4 team is favored to beat a 10-6 team it is only favored to do so because Manning is GREAT ( not because the team is better than the other team ) yet when that 13-3 or 12-4 team loses it is not becuase of Manning in any part... Sounds legit.

I'm not saying that at all...I'm saying you have to find some common ground here. You point out all of Manning's short comings while others point towards his accomplishments. They are both a part of who he is. I would say every quarterback except maybe Montana have that narrative where you can point to something and really show they should be lifted up or lowered down because of so and so. Sheesh you get sensitive on this issue. Any time somebody starts speaking well of Peyton here comes rmilia1 to make sure to set those people straight. Same thing happens with Brady so don't think I am just being biased towards one. To me I love both and don't need to tear one down to build the other up. I point out Brady having a bad AFC Championship Game this past year just as a showing that even the greats can have a bad game but it doesn't ruin the fact that they are still great.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is pretty much favored in every game he steps foot in. Heck even in NE a couple of weeks ago where NE hasn't lost in years to an AFC opponent Manning was favored so not sure you can discount that considering pretty much every game he loses he is favored.

And PatsFan2003 you are right there is plenty of football to be played. It is why the Broncos losing a couple of weeks honestly wasn't that big of a deal. The biggest part of it is possibly the tie breaking issue but even there the Broncos have lost to the Pats the last 2 years before this season in the regular season but yet got the #1 seed for the playoffs. So at this point it was a nice win for the Patriots but it doesn't mean much at this point. We shall see if they can do that again in the playoffs or not. As for Manning he has actually won the last 2 meetings between him and the Patriots in the playoffs. I would say that should show the whole "choke" narrative is just overblown. He has done plenty in the playoffs. Yes he has had some one and dones but he has also helped lead a team to a Super Bowl Championship and lead 2 other times where they made it to the big game. To me there are only a handful of guys in the league that have done that. So if you are going to call anybody the "choke artist" or whatever I would say those other say 29 quarterbacks would fall more into that category.

I think a lot of it is matchups. Certain teams do give Manning more trouble than others. Like many other QBs as well.

The Chargers, Patriots seems to have done it often although it also is like a pendulum that swings back and forth over the years.

The Jets often give the Patriots problems even they suck.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the original post to this thread was that Manning had bad luck in the playoffs. By the time any team gets into the playoffs, "luck" has little to with overall performance of the "team". I hate seeing Manning or Brady get saddled with any loss because regardless of their individual performance, the team usually shits the bed. Every once in a great while, there is a weird play that could be considered 'luck' like the helmet catch in the Super Bowl. The chance of a catch like happening again are probably 1,000,000 to 1. But it happened, it was a legitimate catch and it gave life to the Giants. On the other side, watching the Eagles walk around in the Super Bowl instead of running up to the line of scrimmage gave half of the Eagle fans heart problems they haven't over come.

From what I've seen on TV, it's what 13 degrees in Denver? This polar cold id continuing to push south and is supposed to stay until next week. I have to assume Fox has the Broncos practicing in the cold because St. Louis isn't escaping the cold, as they were at 22 this morning. If it stays this cold for Sunday's games, I'm sure there will be a lot of noise about Manning and cold weather. I thought Manning did pretty well in the cold at Foxboro last year and he didn't step one foot on the field during punts.

St. Louis is an indoor stadium so doubt you will hear much about Manning playing in the cold this week. The Broncos are actually practicing inside as they just finished building the Broncos new practice facility that is supposed to now be the top facility in the NFL from what I understand so they will take full advantage of that.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also remember those favored things actually have more to do with betting than actually what Vegas thinks is going to happen in the game. They set the lines for those games with the idea of how can we make the most money and get the most bets.

Well when your a no #1 or 2 seed and you have HFA you are expected to win against a WC or low seed

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha love it Hammer the one game you keep hanging your hat on. Its like groundhog day( game) for ya over and over and over.

I'm just asking for honest answers, Sonny. :noidea: Why won't anyone address my concerns? rmilia pretends like he's objective ("I'm actually a huge Peyton Manning fan") so I'm especially dismayed by his refusal to answer these concerns of mine.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to those who want to blame Brady for the last two SB losses.

If Brady is at fault for those, Manning is at fault for his failures.

Brady gave his teams leads late in the 4th quarter and the D couldn't stop the Giants from scoring. Now if he threw a ill advised pick 6 then yes it would be his fault. All 5 SB's the Pats had leads in the 4th quarter and the D blew them. Fortunately they were able to win the first 3 and unfortunately lost the last 3. All you can ask is to give your team a chance and not put them in a big hole with costly turnovers

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that at all...I'm saying you have to find some common ground here. You point out all of Manning's short comings while others point towards his accomplishments. They are both a part of who he is. I would say every quarterback except maybe Montana have that narrative where you can point to something and really show they should be lifted up or lowered down because of so and so. Sheesh you get sensitive on this issue. Any time somebody starts speaking well of Peyton here comes rmilia1 to make sure to set those people straight. Same thing happens with Brady so don't think I am just being biased towards one. To me I love both and don't need to tear one down to build the other up. I point out Brady having a bad AFC Championship Game this past year just as a showing that even the greats can have a bad game but it doesn't ruin the fact that they are still great.

:10::10::10:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just asking for honest answers, Sonny. :noidea: Why won't anyone address my concerns? rmilia pretends like he's objective ("I'm actually a huge Peyton Manning fan") so I'm especially dismayed by his refusal to answer these concerns of mine.

Well honestly there are more threads attacking Brady then Manning and I think he is impartial. Some guys like stats and records, but keep in mind the no# of games they have played. Does Karl Malone come up as 1 of the greatest ever, or Kareem Abdul Jabber because 1 is top in point scored and 1 is 5th? Just like mentioned a page back, I also have Manning as the 3 best ever. And I have Montana as the first. I look at win%, how they do vs all the teams, td/int ratio etc, playoffs and of course SB's . I have Elway in top 5-7 because the man has been to 5 SB's and what he accomplished. Favre had all the records because of playing 20 years, but I have him in top 20 because of turnovers/ playoff failures