• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JasonCarrier I can do the same thing for Tom Brady...heck there are games where he had a quarterback rating in the 50's and won. So not like every playoff game that Tom Brady has won was because of him and his awesome ability. In his first Super Bowl run he had a game where he threw for 115 yards! So if you are going to point towards Peyton being carried to his Super Bowl win then same thing needs to be said of Tom Brady. His second Super Bowl he had 2 straight games of a quarterback rating in the 70's and his team won despite his average at best play. So don't point out Peyton's short comings and yet miss out on Tom's either. This is why it is the ultimate team game. No one person can claim victory or defeat for the team.

Heck since Peyton has been in Denver the Broncos have not won a game where he had a quarterback rating below 90. You talk about all the talent he has on this team but to me that shows they depend quite a bit on Peyton to win right now.

Or it can show that Denver (unlike the 06 Colts) cannot over come when Manning has a bad game.

Again I have been using the logic of others. If people want to judge Brady and say (in spite of him), then where is the harm in doing it for Manning?

Also if it is about a team game for wins, then we must also apply that to stats. (which again goes against the logic of many)

And finally this is why it is good to use a big picture when referring to QBs

Rings
SB winning % (including number of wins/overall record)
Post Season winning % (including number of wins/overall record)
Regular Season winning % (including number of wins/overall record)
SB stats
Playoff stats
Regular season stats

That overall picture has Montana as "GOAT" followed by Brady then Manning.

This allows placement of QBs who had a good post season record (Bradshaw) but when you look at everything, it shows how good they were overall (which is what a discussion about GOAT should be)

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it can show that Denver (unlike the 06 Colts) cannot over come when Manning has a bad game.

Again I have been using the logic of others. If people want to judge Brady and say (in spite of him), then where is the harm in doing it for Manning?

Also if it is about a team game for wins, then we must also apply that to stats. (which again goes against the logic of many)

Rings
SB stats
Playoff stats
Regular season stats

This allows placement of QBs who had a good post season record (Bradshaw) but when you look at everything, it shows how good they were overall (which is what a discussion about GOAT should be)

I think you or i might be barking up the wrong tree. It's seems pretty clear you are not referencing me when you make such statements as the one in bold. I've never stated such things.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good defense always beats good offense. We've seen that time and time again.

You of all people should know that. And again he played great in the AFC title game and played well in the super bowl.

in 03 the "Good" Defense of NE made Carolina look like Montana's 49ers.
in 04 that very same "Good" Defense made the Eagles look very good.

Both times it took a good offense lead by Brady to win.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want, i can pull up all the playoff games Brady sucked dick in and still won(a common theme with him).

I repeat, Manning has had a drive to take the lead in the final minute of 4 playoff games, only to see his defense blow it. Most in NFL history. Peyton also had 2 potential game tying drives only to see his kicker shank wide right both times.

Luckily Brady had the most clutch kicker of all time in Vinatieri, who never missed a big kick.

He's had more dropped passes by recievers then any other qb in NFL history. I believe the second closest is Aaron Rodgers, surprise surprise.

Can't be serious Bradys playoffs games were better Manning has less td's and 10 int more than Tom. If you watched any of the SB, you would know the D gave up 4th quarter leads, as many as 14 points to either have Tom bring it downfield and have AV make a fg or lose like they did to the Giants. Not like he is giving the ball back to the team with a costly pick

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you or i might be barking up the wrong tree. It's seems pretty clear you are not referencing me when you make such statements as the one in bold. I've never stated such things.

I'm not.

I think our arguments are very similar, with varying opinions and outlooks.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rings
SB stats
Playoff stats
Regular season stats

Truth of the matter is if not for Caldwell dropping 3 easy passes ( 2 in endzone and one from 10 yard line he could have run in in) 06 and Pats dont blow the 21-3 lead Peyton is ringless like Marino. He should be eternally grateful to Reche and Grossman

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be serious Bradys playoffs games were better Manning has less td's and 10 int more than Tom. If you watched any of the SB, you would know the D gave up 4th quarter leads, as many as 14 points to either have Tom bring it downfield and have AV make a fg or lose like they did to the Giants. Not like he is giving the ball back to the team with a costly pick

I never blamed Brady for the second super bowl loss to the Giants. I did give him the lions share of the blame however, especially because it was the greatest offense ever going up against the 17th ranked Giants defense and Brady scoffing at the notion that the wouldn't score a lot of points. He set himself up for failure in that one and deservedly got blamed for it.

I repeat Manning has had a drive to take the lead in 4 playoff games(3 one and done games) only to see his defense blow it.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never blamed Brady for the second super bowl loss to the Giants. I did give him the lions share of the blame however, especially because it was the greatest offense ever going up against the 17th ranked Giants defense and Brady scoffing at the notion that the wouldn't score a lot of points. He set himself up for failure in that one and deservedly got blamed for it.

I repeat Manning has had a drive to take the lead in 4 playoff games(3 one and done games) only to see his defense blow it.

No I hear ya .In the first Giants game, Coughlin outcoached Belichick with all the blitzes, sacking Brady 6 times and I wont make any other excuses, because they should have scored more points. You think a team that has only given up 10 points all game and take a 14-0 lead with 2 minutes to go can secure the game, but great helmut catch . Like we said last night Montana/Brady/Manning/Rodgers/Elway/Marino top 6 in any order. I still have Montana at #1

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember its never Brady's fault. Brady has never had talent on offense. The Patriots never cheated even though they haven't won shit since spygate. Yes Denver violated the salary cap and I have admitted it numerous times but yet Patriot fans are brainwashed by that bum looking coach in B.B. and cant think for themselves. Just saying.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking at a regular season defensive ranking to judge a team's defense during the playoffs is foolish.

The Giants that year had one of the best playoff defenses that year that we have seen in the last 20 years. Their DL was monsterous during that stretch. It is probably the best we have ever seen a DL play during a playoff run dating all the way back to the 70's.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My BFF Hammer went to school in Tenn so of course he bleeds Peyton. I went to school at ACI and we didnt have a team like those guys in The Longest Yard. The local Div 1 school around here is Boston College but I'm not gonna say Matt Ryan, Hasselback etc rock

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which Manning has only done twice in his entire postseason career. One of them being after throwing for 3 td's and almost 300 yards.

Tom Brady is one of a select few of quarterbacks to throw 3 interceptions in multiple playoff games and still win. That's mind boggling when you think about it.

That's happened once with Peyton.

Brady has won 4 playoff games without throwing a td.

That's happened once in Peyton's career.

Peyton has 2 playoff wins when throwing more pick then td's.

Brady has 4.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember its never Brady's fault. Brady has never had talent on offense. The Patriots never cheated even though they haven't won shit since spygate. Yes Denver violated the salary cap and I have admitted it numerous times but yet Patriot fans are brainwashed by that bum looking coach in B.B. and cant think for themselves. Just saying.

Funny thing Malibu is Pats fans are most critical of Brady if he has a bad game. When they lost to Denver last year in the AFCG , all I heard was how bad Brady was from fans here. I can't say the other thing about the other guy. 4 t/o's in SB or the ill advised pick six the year before vs balt or the year before vs NO. Denver fans not so much, but Colts fans would always say " he can't do it all by himself. Bronco's fans here for the most part are cool and impartial. Colts fans back in the day on cbssports were awful and hung on to his nut sack.

Just saying saying Just saying

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has 6 playoff wins when completing less than 60% of his passes.

Manning has 2.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing Malibu is Pats fans are most critical of Brady if he has a bad game. When they lost to Denver last year in the AFCG , all I heard was how bad Brady was from fans here. I can't say the other thing about the other guy. 4 t/o's in SB or the ill advised pick six the year before vs balt or the year before vs NO. Denver fans not so much, but Colts fans would always say " he can't do it all by himself. Bronco's fans here for the most part are cool and impartial. Colts fans back in the day on cbssports were awful and hung on to his nut sack.

Just saying saying Just saying

Was Brady good in the AFC title game last year?

No, but he wasn't downright awful. It just seemed that way because Manning vas vastly superior that one game.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the point of those recent posts was to show that Peyton's margin for error in the postseason, for whatever reason is much smaller than Brady in the postseason.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the point of those recent posts was to show that Peyton's margin for error in the postseason, for whatever reason is much smaller than Brady in the postseason.

Of course the more recent ones come to mind , as I dont bring up the earlier ones because I can't remember them. The 07 is clear because the Pats had a chance to have a perfect season, shut Mercury Morris up and how dramatic the game ended. I do think Denver is going to win the whole enchilada and Peyton will get his second ring. That team is so stacked and now with Peyton having 3 seasons with most of his receivers, I cant see anybody beating them. Only chance NE has if they can get homefield Adv but the tough games coming up and Denver already playing theirs, don't see it happening

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another fun stat

Manning is 1-5 in the postseason when his team doesn't turn it over.

Peyton is 4-5 when he doesn't throw any interceptions.

Brady is 11-2 when he doesn't throw any interceptions.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady and Peyton on on the back 18 and hopefully can win 1 more before they ride off. Rodgers and Luck and maybe Wilson are the present and future

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the more recent ones come to mind , as I dont bring up the earlier ones because I can't remember them. The 07 is clear because the Pats had a chance to have a perfect season, shut Mercury Morris up and how dramatic the game ended. I do think Denver is going to win the whole enchilada and Peyton will get his second ring. That team is so stacked and now with Peyton having 3 seasons with most of his receivers, I cant see anybody beating them. Only chance NE has if they can get homefield Adv but the tough games coming up and Denver already playing theirs, don't see it happening

For Peyton's sake, i hope you right. Sanders is better than Decker and they have a deeper stable of running backs. The defense does seem marginally improved, although any time they face a good offense they struggle.

Can't say i'm rooting for him though.

I ride and die with the Raiders and Aaron Rodgers.