• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peterson thinks he's worth more than Sherman

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEAUTIFUL. Couldn't have hoped for better.

All we need is a top 5 corner (but not top 2 - Revis/Sherman) think he deserves to be paid more than both of them. Absolutely amazing. I hope the Cards throw him an even bigger contract than Sherman. Not only will that a) Make Sherman play harder but b) just make the Cards that much dumber for locking up money in an inferior product.

Even better case, Peterson leaves the Cards and provides a huge gaping hole in their secondary.

This offseason just keeps getting better. Rams draft was mediocre the picks they had, 49ers just keep doing BPA with no strategy or clue on what to draft, Cards have a mediocre reach draft overall and have a whiny defensive player on their team.

Hawks killed this FA for the money and picks they had. Talk about the rich keep getting richer.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8173960.gif

BloodType49

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All we need is a top 5 corner (but not top 2 - Revis/Sherman) think he deserves to be paid more than both of them. Absolutely amazing. I hope the Cards throw him an even bigger contract than Sherman. Not only will that a) Make Sherman play harder but b) just make the Cards that much dumber for locking up money in an inferior product.

Even better case, Peterson leaves the Cards and provides a huge gaping hole in their secondary.

This offseason just keeps getting better. Rams draft was mediocre the picks they had, 49ers just keep doing BPA with no strategy or clue on what to draft, Cards have a mediocre reach draft overall and have a whiny defensive player on their team.

Hawks killed this FA for the money and picks they had. Talk about the rich keep getting richer.

Seriously? Ward was one of the top rated Safety's and has lots of experience playing the nickel/slot which is primarily what we lost in Rogers and what he will be asked to do, kid is a ball hawk and plays way bigger then his size

Hyde was a head scratcher at first but when you think about it Gore is probably gone after this year if he even finishes this season, Lattimore is coming off major injury and Hunter/LMJ are not work horse backs. Hyde was considered by many to be the Top Back of the Draft along with Sanky he was a steal where we got him.

I could go on and on about Robinson best center in the draft ??

On paper the Niners had a very good Draft, will that translate on the field ?? Only time will tell.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Ward was one of the top rated Safety's and has lots of experience playing the nickel/slot which is primarily what we lost in Rogers and what he will be asked to do, kid is a ball hawk and plays way bigger then his size

Hyde was a head scratcher at first but when you think about it Gore is probably gone after this year if he even finishes this season, Lattimore is coming off major injury and Hunter/LMJ are not work horse backs. Hyde was considered by many to be the Top Back of the Draft along with Sanky he was a steal where we got him.

I could go on and on about Robinson best center in the draft ??

On paper the Niners had a very good Draft, will that translate on the field ?? Only time will tell.

I dunno the 49ers drafts have just highly puzzled me in recent years. They always just keep taking BPAs with not really any logic. Even AJ Jenkins, they had possession receivers, they needed a burner or just nobody at all. Hyde I get, I guess we're already done on Lattimore/Gore, when instead the 9ers could've upp'd their stock for a FAR more superior RB draft in 2015. Then there's zero trade up in the 1st when they were stacked with picks but instead just take a bunch of falling players that really don't make sense.

I dunno, the 49ers draft (and trust me this is not a Hawks fan speaking, I will be VERY vocal if I hate my oppositions draft (like the Rams last year)) just highly uninspires me. Guess same could be said about the Hawks draft but after reviewing the 49ers draft the last 3 years I'm always like, "K, whatever." Outside of Kaepernick, it's been all the prior regime that has done anything relevant.

I refuse to buy into Aldon Smith until Justin Smith retires or is injured on a consistent game basis, and with a #7 overall pick I'm not exactly shocked it turned out good, just like San Fran should not be shocked on Thomas/Okung.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Hyde pick surprised me because I thought maybe it meant they were no longer counting on Lattimore. However then I realized more and more backfields are going two deep nowadays so if both Hyde and Lattimore pan out thats a dynamic duo for years. If only one of them pan out then your still in good shape.

That's always the question. The Rams have consistently received higher draft grades then the Seahawks but it hasn't translated. Of course since the Redskins were dumb and gave the Rams all those picks they should have high grades.

BloodType49

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno the 49ers drafts have just highly puzzled me in recent years. They always just keep taking BPAs with not really any logic. Even AJ Jenkins, they had possession receivers, they needed a burner or just nobody at all. Hyde I get, I guess we're already done on Lattimore/Gore, when instead the 9ers could've upp'd their stock for a FAR more superior RB draft in 2015. Then there's zero trade up in the 1st when they were stacked with picks but instead just take a bunch of falling players that really don't make sense.

I dunno, the 49ers draft (and trust me this is not a Hawks fan speaking, I will be VERY vocal if I hate my oppositions draft (like the Rams last year)) just highly uninspires me. Guess same could be said about the Hawks draft but after reviewing the 49ers draft the last 3 years I'm always like, "K, whatever." Outside of Kaepernick, it's been all the prior regime that has done anything relevant.

I refuse to buy into Aldon Smith until Justin Smith retires or is injured on a consistent game basis, and with a #7 overall pick I'm not exactly shocked it turned out good, just like San Fran should not be shocked on Thomas/Okung.

I see what your saying, and the 2012 Drat is really looking like quite the disaster, I just think Balkes style of drafting is not flashy he likes to trade back and amass more picks and if he does move up its usually only a small number of spots. He does usually go for BPA but with a talented roster you are kind of afforded that luxury. I can see where you would find his drafts uninspiring though.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every top flight talented corner should think they're the best. The cornerback position is not a position to be humble and modest.

He definitely has a case given his talent, but until he produces like Sherman does it's nothing but talk. Sherman is certainly loud off the field but his play is even louder. It speaks for itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis is not a top 5 corner anymore

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Peterson thinks he's worth more than Sherman"

laugh.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis is not a top 5 corner anymore

Not sure about that. I would take Sherman, Revis (yes still), McKelvin, Haden, and Maxwell OR Davis (OMFG YES I went there ZOFMOGMGGGGGFFFF) if we're talking pure corners. If my team needs a punt returner I'll push Peterson to #5 over Maxwell/Davis assuming I have someone like Sherman on the team.

That's prob. not going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way is Peterson better than Sherman, but no complaints here if Arizona gives him a bigger contract than the one Sherman signed.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the Rams had a great draft and so did the Cards. If i had to pick the best drafts in order in our division i would set it up like this.

1) Rams
2) Cards
3a) 49ers
3b) Seahawks

No one can tell me i'm playing the homer card like Shark is lol

Also Peterson is a very talented CB that many people say he "could be" the best in the game. Where as many Say Sherman "IS" the best in the game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the Rams had a great draft and so did the Cards. If i had to pick the best drafts in order in our division i would set it up like this.

1) Rams
2) Cards
3a) 49ers
3b) Seahawks

Also Peterson is a very talented CB that many people say he "could be" the best in the game. Where as many Say Sherman "IS" the best in the game.

There is only one way to know who had the better draft..... TIME..... There all prospects until proven otherwise...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one way to know who had the better draft..... TIME..... There all prospects until proven otherwise...

that's why i said "IF I" had to pick. not you not someone else and not 10 years from now. lol So you have the right to not agree with my opinion. It is my opinion and i am not forcing it on anyone.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Disagree completely. At first I was scratching my head on the Ward pick, but I had him as the best play making safety in the draft, and I like him better than Ha Ha. He played a lot of nickle corner in college, has the best coverage skills of all the safeties in this draft, and since the 49ers play nickle 60% of the time, he will see the field quite a bit. I also think the 49ers see him moving to FS and Reid moving to SS in a couple years. They envision Ward in an Earl Thomas role. Not saying he will be Earl, just saying playing a similar role.

As a tOSU homer, I loved the Hyde pick. Power run game, getting a power guy who has quick feet. He's not a burner, but he always fall forward, and hardly ever got stopped by just one tackler. HAs great leg drive and is a good receiver out of the backfield. He had 1,700 yards and 15 TDs and missed almost 4 whole games.

Marcus Martin is the best center in this draft. He can also play guard as well. I expect him to be the starter day one. Upgrade over Goodwin.

Chris Borland is one of the few players in college that stopped Hyde in his tracks. Not a guy you look at and say, damn, he is a MLB in the NFL. But he is a very smart, very high motor player that will step in and help with Bowman being out with his knee. The kind has top notch instincts and diagnoses plays extremely fast.

Brandon Thomas was a projected late 1st- mid 2nd round guard that played OT in college. If he hadn't blown out his ACL working out for the Saints he would challenge for a starting spot on the team that drafted him. But because of the late injury he fell to the 49ers at pick 100 and we can red shirt him like Lattimore and Tank. He can come in and fill in if Iupati leaves for FA or Boone leaves.

Aaron Lynch is reallt the only other guy that I liked in the 49ers draft. The kid has a world of potential, but he has to get his head straight. He fits the "above reproach" standard we have. :suds: But if this kid can get his stuff together he has a chance to be a very good pass rusher.

Lets also not forget that we traded for Stevie Johnson for a 4th in 2015, and then worked several trades in a matter of minutes and got a 2015 4th rounder from denver, moved back one spot and grabbed Hyde.

The 49ers nailed this draft...... on paper.

None of this means crap until they produce. That's when we can come back and actually see.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Rams
2) Cards
3a) 49ers
3b) Seahawks

Right, I'm playing the homer card and you're not because you rank Seattle last. Go look at walter football, even he agrees with me on the NFC West draft teams as an unbiased opinion (and I was not ranking the NFC West drafts that high PRIOR to his final grades).

Get over yourself.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, Joe Haden just got $45 million guaranteed from Cleveland.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersons a better punt returner.......thats about it tho