• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peterson thinks he's worth more than Sherman

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was just that it's debatable. He's a sure-handed punt return guy which is valuable, but that was about it the past two years. He also plays in offensive packages, which Sherman doesn't.

As to who is better, another factor to consider is that Sherman plays on the left side of the field 90% of the time. If teams want to take him away from their best WR, they can gameplan that way. Usually, the best WR is running a route on the left side, but certainly not always. PP is almost always covering the #1 WR on the other team and he follows him all over the field.

Stats don't tell the whole story. When one guy has ridiculously better stats than another, it can end the debate, but not when they are in the same ballpark.

I was looking over PP's stats and it's really not that impressive in the offensive catagory or punt return catagory. Technically some of those stats aren't in the same ballbark such as int's, pass def and assists. The catagory the PP has over Sherman is forced fumbles and fumble recoveries. PP is a solid player but I don't think PP is worth Sherman money, just doesn't have the numbers compared to Sherman.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEAUTIFUL. Couldn't have hoped for better.

All we need is a top 5 corner (but not top 2 - Revis/Sherman) think he deserves to be paid more than both of them. Absolutely amazing. I hope the Cards throw him an even bigger contract than Sherman. Not only will that a) Make Sherman play harder but b) just make the Cards that much dumber for locking up money in an inferior product.

Even better case, Peterson leaves the Cards and provides a huge gaping hole in their secondary.

This offseason just keeps getting better. Rams draft was mediocre the picks they had, 49ers just keep doing BPA with no strategy or clue on what to draft, Cards have a mediocre reach draft overall and have a whiny defensive player on their team.

Hawks killed this FA for the money and picks they had. Talk about the rich keep getting richer.

You don't get to the NFC Title game 3 years in a row and a Super Bowl one year with not strategy or clue on what to draft.

Offensive Starters
Joe Staley (2007 1st round 28th), Mike Iupati (2010 1st round 17th), I'm going to project Marcus Martin (2014 3rd round 70th) as the starting center or Daniel Kilgore (2011 5th round 163rd), Alex Boone (undrafted), Anthony Davis (2010 1st round 11th), Michael Crabtree (2009 1st round 10th), Vernon Davis (2006 1st round 6th) many didn't believe he would develop, Anquan Boldin (traded a 6th rounder in 2013 draft for him), Stevie Johnson (traded a 2015 4th or 3rd for him), Colin Kaepernick (2011 2nd round 36th), Bruce Miller (2011 7th rounder 211th), Frank Gore is 31 years old (2005 3rd round 65th), so taking Carlos Hyde (2014 2nd round 57th) and Marcus Lattimore (2013 4th round 131st) is probably a good idea.

Defensive Starters
Ray McDonald (2007 3rd round 97th), Ian Williams (undrafted) or Glenn Dorsey (picked up off the scrap heap and actually played well), Justin Smith (signed as a free agent years ago and were blasted for it because he didn't "fit the scheme" and they over paid), Ahmad Brooks (Supplemental Draft pick 3rd round, but signed as free agent with the Niners), Navorro Bowman (2010 3rd round 91st), Patrick Willis (2007 1st round 11th), Aldon Smith (2011 1st round 7th) off field issues will keep him from playing so Dan Skuta (undrafted) or Cory Lemonier (2013 3rd round 88th), Tramaine Brock (undrafted), Antoine Bethea (free agent signing), Eric Reid (2013 1st round 18th) was a pro bowler as a rookie clearly no clue, Chris Culliver (2011 3rd round 80th).

Yes the 49ers are clearly clueless they don't know who to sign as free agents or draft, no plan at all. Yet some how they are one of the best teams in the NFL with as much depth as any body.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get to the NFC Title game 3 years in a row and a Super Bowl one year with not strategy or clue on what to draft.

Offensive Starters
Joe Staley (2007 1st round 28th), Mike Iupati (2010 1st round 17th), I'm going to project Marcus Martin (2014 3rd round 70th) as the starting center or Daniel Kilgore (2011 5th round 163rd), Alex Boone (undrafted), Anthony Davis (2010 1st round 11th), Michael Crabtree (2009 1st round 10th), Vernon Davis (2006 1st round 6th) many didn't believe he would develop, Anquan Boldin (traded a 6th rounder in 2013 draft for him), Stevie Johnson (traded a 2015 4th or 3rd for him), Colin Kaepernick (2011 2nd round 36th), Bruce Miller (2011 7th rounder 211th), Frank Gore is 31 years old (2005 3rd round 65th), so taking Carlos Hyde (2014 2nd round 57th) and Marcus Lattimore (2013 4th round 131st) is probably a good idea.

Defensive Starters
Ray McDonald (2007 3rd round 97th), Ian Williams (undrafted) or Glenn Dorsey (picked up off the scrap heap and actually played well), Justin Smith (signed as a free agent years ago and were blasted for it because he didn't "fit the scheme" and they over paid), Ahmad Brooks (Supplemental Draft pick 3rd round, but signed as free agent with the Niners), Navorro Bowman (2010 3rd round 91st), Patrick Willis (2007 1st round 11th), Aldon Smith (2011 1st round 7th) off field issues will keep him from playing so Dan Skuta (undrafted) or Cory Lemonier (2013 3rd round 88th), Tramaine Brock (undrafted), Antoine Bethea (free agent signing), Eric Reid (2013 1st round 18th) was a pro bowler as a rookie clearly no clue, Chris Culliver (2011 3rd round 80th).

Yes the 49ers are clearly clueless they don't know who to sign as free agents or draft, no plan at all. Yet some how they are one of the best teams in the NFL with as much depth as any body.

I didn't follow the Niners draft nor do I really care, but what it looks like to me is a mirror image of both our teams. Good players selected in the first two rounds, but finding those gems in the rough type players in the later rounds is what formed and completed our teams to make them championship material. I rag on Harbs and the front office, but they do put a solid product on the field.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson continues to run his dumb mouth.....

When asked on a Phoenix radio show Thursday about a May 13 tweet by Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman that was indirectly targeted at Peterson, the Cardinals' three-time Pro Bowl cornerback didn't debate the stats. He just said Sherman couldn't handle playing in Arizona's defensive scheme.

"I believe if you put him in our system I don't think he'd be able to last, honestly," Peterson said on "The Bickley Show with Vince Marotta" on Arizona Sports 98.7 in Phoenix. "I actually do much more than he is."

I don't want to get into that debate as far as the stats that he has and things he has," Peterson said. "Obviously, his job is definitely much easier than mine. If you look at their scheme and look at our scheme, he's a Cover-3 corner. Period."

"He's only covering space. He's not really covering a guy," Peterson said. "At the end of the day, he has great stats and he has great play-making ability, not taking that away from him because he is a good corner.

"But as far as being a shutdown corner, man-to-man guy, in my eyes I don't believe he's that."

Patrick Peterson says Richard Sherman couldn't handle Arizona Cardinals' scheme - ESPN

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one scratching my head at what he said today?

He says he doesn't think Sherman would last on his team because he is asked to do more and doesn't think Sherman could keep up with that.

So Seattle asks less of their players AND had the best secondary in football. Exactly what part of that helps his claim out? Seems to me the schemes they use are weak if he is asked to do so much more and their productivity isn't higher.

There is no weakness in the Seattle secondary. None. They react to the run game well and no QB in the league has dominated them, nor even made for a bad day for them in quite some time.

They built there schemes better obviously, if indeed Peterson believes he is asked to do more and gets less out of it. And they put together the best pieces to execute that superior scheme.

Keep right on talking man. It's some funny shit.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am gonna assume this is a ploy to leverage himself in contract negotiations. Because I cant believe he is this dumb.

But anyway thanks for keeping that chip on Sherman's shoulder, I appreciate it!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one scratching my head at what he said today?

He says he doesn't think Sherman would last on his team because he is asked to do more and doesn't think Sherman could keep up with that.

So Seattle asks less of their players AND had the best secondary in football. Exactly what part of that helps his claim out? Seems to me the schemes they use are weak if he is asked to do so much more and their productivity isn't higher.

There is no weakness in the Seattle secondary. None. They react to the run game well and no QB in the league has dominated them, nor even made for a bad day for them in quite some time.

They built there schemes better obviously, if indeed Peterson believes he is asked to do more and gets less out of it. And they put together the best pieces to execute that superior scheme.

Keep right on talking man. It's some funny shit.

Yeah Peterson is talking ish .... It's pretty funny...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think he's sending hints to Cards Management that he deserves at minimum what Sherman got, but obviously making these types of statements means he's going to ask for more then what Sherman recieved contract wise.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with this (sarcasm). Clearly the Talent is there. So what is missing? I'll tell ya.
Missing: Quality COACHING and the IT factor.
Harbaugh has loaded talent, as suggested by the quote above, yet can't find a way to take the BEST talent in the league to the TOP, Seahawks, SuperBowl Champs, 9ers, sorry.

Best SuperBowl Ever! Thanks Seahawks, and 9ers.:suds:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoSd_e2CYAMqgqp.jpg

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall an article that broke down either snaps or targets for the top CBs and which receiver they were defending. I can't remember where that was. Did anyone else here see that article? Was it on Field Gulls, or Football Outsiders or maybe PFF?