• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete rose dead

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lifetime ban completed. Shoeless Joe and him can go in the hall now.
I used to believe this as well, but I did some research on this about a year ago…

It was not a “lifetime ban”. It was a “permanent ban”.

The ban is still in effect, officially. However, the HOF is not officially part of the MLB, so they may decide to move on from the ban and induct him.

IMHO, if Jackson is still not allowed in, then Rose should still not be allowed in. But my adamance to that position is a lot softer today than it was yesterday.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to believe this as well, but I did some research on this about a year ago…

It was not a “lifetime ban”. It was a “permanent ban”.

The ban is still in effect, officially. However, the HOF is not officially part of the MLB, so they may decide to move on from the ban and induct him.

IMHO, if Jackson is still not allowed in, then Rose should still not be allowed in. But my adamance to that position is a lot softer today than it was yesterday.

I’ve been a Joe before Pete supporter for a long time. See how the committee responds to this.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt see him until toward the end of his playing career....should be HOF, rip

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the baseball commissioner rots in hell.
Rose deserved to in the HOF……
Just curious…

Not trying to fight or start a long debate that has already been had on this site 1000x before…

If there any act that a player can do that would exclude them from induction? Do you support B&C getting in? Jackson?

Again, not trying to set a trap or start a fight. I am just curious if there is a line, and if so, where that line exists.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about that is, Jackson was allowed to get in (for over 50 years) and he never got the votes. The rule about being "ineligible" is something the Hall came up with in 1991 which I'm guessing was a way to block Pete Rose. So it's a little different. If they change that rule who knows if Rose would get the votes but unlike Jackson, he's never had the chance. (to get voted into a fucking museum- kind of ridiculous but whatever)

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious…

Not trying to fight or start a long debate that has already been had on this site 1000x before…

If there any act that a player can do that would exclude them from induction? Do you support B&C getting in? Jackson?

Again, not trying to set a trap or start a fight. I am just curious if there is a line, and if so, where that line exists.

Roids, fucking with stats is about all that would make me not vote for someone, i guess cheating too but for him as a manager is what would be tarnished imo. Career #'s and play for the hof. What he did as a manager should have removed him from baseball but not affected his playing career imo

Last edited:

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been fucked over not being in the HOF his entire life. Also saw Mutumbo died today too

TheGoodMan19

Dealing with pronoun troubles
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's one way to get a lifetime ban and that's gambling. A rule posted in every clubhouse, a rule he seen more than any player in history. Yet he pissed on the game he supposedly loved so dearly. If I joined a club that had one rule and i broke that one rule and got thrown out, I wouldn't expect sympathy