• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(Pete) Carroll will regret taking Seattle Job - Jeffri Chadiha

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL: Pete Carroll destined to fail as Seattle Seahawks head coach - ESPN

So many good quotes in here I don't know where to begin

Give Pete Carroll about one year before he starts realizing the mistake he just made. By that time, he'll be wondering why he resigned from USC to become head coach of the Seattle Seahawks.

Regardless of how optimistic some Carroll supporters may be about this news, the man is going to fail in the NFL.

The players also won't be embracing him like they have in college. Before you know it, that constant smile that has become Carroll's trademark will be harder and harder to find

...yeah all Pete Carroll has done is take a well below average team out of its slump of mediocrity to the playoffs 3 times in 4 years (5-2 in the playoffs) and the city's first Superbowl title. All from his vision and his approachable rah rah player approach that was often criticized as not being a fit for the nfl.

I love it when writers post such ignorant articles that make them look absolutely stupid years later. I wonder what criticism he has left for Pete?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad this article's not in print at least then I could wipe my ass with it.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same yahoo that wrote "Sorry Seattle, Denver is a team of destiny" article pre superbowl.

He also wrote something to the effect of "I still don't know about russell Wilson" After the playoff win last year.

He is a tried and true Seahawks hater. He's a professional troll. He would be awesome on SportsHoopla....on second thought anyone ever seen Beeker and Chadiha in the same room?

I dont know why he hates Seattle but LITERALLY every article prediction he's made has been wrong. So him saying Seattle has no chance to win the superbowl next year "because RW, ET and sherm are going to be FA's the following year" makes me feel pretty good about next year.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams, players, coaches have them.

Whatever.

Good to see Seattle win the SB this year, good to see Pete get his too. He got screwed by NY.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting Russel Wilson and starting him over Flynn saved Pete's career as a head coach, after back to back 7-9 seasons, he was another losing season away from probably his last shot as an NFL head coach.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Pete Carroll will regret taking Seattle job" - Jeffri Chadiha
"Seahawks are not going to become a dynasty" -Jeffri Chadiha

Strong pattern by this one.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this guy hahah

Broncos are savoring being the team of destiny -- 2013 NFL Playoffs - ESPN

Now that they've drawn the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII, the Broncos are looking even more like a team about to claim its third championship in franchise history.

For all the great things Seattle has accomplished this season, the Seahawks are arriving at the wrong place at the wrong time

There's no question the Seahawks have a great defense: relentless pass rush, speed and athleticism at linebacker and aggressive ball hawks on the back end. What they don't have, however, is an offense that is dynamic enough to exploit a Broncos defense that has been depleted by injuries

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting Russel Wilson and starting him over Flynn saved Pete's career as a head coach, after back to back 7-9 seasons, he was another losing season away from probably his last shot as an NFL head coach.

On the surface that's what it seems like, but Pete's first year he took a team that should have only won 3-4 games to the playoffs and won at home against the defending Superbowl champs. He drafted Earl and Kam then Sherman, KJ Wright and picked up Baldwin and Browner. He improved the defense from 26th (in 2010) to 7th (in 2011) to 1st (in 2012) and 1st in every category (in 2013. Oh and Pete traded for Marshawn when no one else wanted him anymore in 2010.

Drafting Russell was what put him over the top to win that Superbowl. But following the 2011 season, everyone in Seattle knew they had a very special defense developing. Just because you guys weren't paying attention doesn't mean that Pete wasn't already developing a beast.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm you see that defense??? No doubt findng rw was uge but that d that the entire league is trying to copy,,,that d that made the best offense in nfl history look like a pop warner team.....that d

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russell is huge, but there were plenty of games (including the playoffs) where he quite simply wasn't needed. Their D and running game is what makes Seattle so good. Who knows what RW could do with some dangerous WRs and O-Line, but he's asked to be a game manager most games and only make guaranteed throws or run and slide.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the surface that's what it seems like, but Pete's first year he took a team that should have only won 3-4 games to the playoffs and won at home against the defending Superbowl champs. He drafted Earl and Kam then Sherman, KJ Wright and picked up Baldwin and Browner. He improved the defense from 26th (in 2010) to 7th (in 2011) to 1st (in 2012) and 1st in every category (in 2013. Oh and Pete traded for Marshawn when no one else wanted him anymore in 2010.

Drafting Russell was what put him over the top to win that Superbowl. But following the 2011 season, everyone in Seattle knew they had a very special defense developing. Just because you guys weren't paying attention doesn't mean that Pete wasn't already developing a beast.

So much this, I don't think I could have put it better myself.

The only thing to hold against Carroll IMO is his poor clock management and sometimes strange decisions to go for it on 4th down. As you said, his first season he had the roster of a 3 to 4 win team and really got the best out of every player on that roster and took us to the playoffs. In his second year the defense showed glimpses at times, it was just Tarvaris Jackson that held us back. The leap this team took from Tarvaris Jackson to Russell Wilson demonstrates Wilson's ability and shows that he is more than just a game manager.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is huge, but there were plenty of games (including the playoffs) where he quite simply wasn't needed. Their D and running game is what makes Seattle so good. Who knows what RW could do with some dangerous WRs and O-Line, but he's asked to be a game manager most games and only make guaranteed throws or run and slide.

I disagree actually. For the most part, the 2011 team had the same roster as the 2012 and 2013 teams, the key difference was Tarvaris Jackson was the starting QB.

Differences between 2011 and 2013 roster:
QB: Tarvaris Jackson in 2011, Russell Wilson in 2013
WR: Mike Williams and Sidney Rice were the #1 and #2 WRs, in 2013 it was primarily Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin after Rice went on the IR.
LG: Robert Gallery was the starting LG in 2011.
Offense: The 2013 WRs were on the 2011 team. So really the only changes were at LG and QB from 2011 to 2013. People seem to forget that the 2013 offense has almost the exact same players from the 2011 team, the main difference is Russell Wilson.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure anyone has ever regretted winning a SB, especially as a coach

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree actually. For the most part, the 2011 team had the same roster as the 2012 and 2013 teams, the key difference was Tarvaris Jackson was the starting QB.

Differences between 2011 and 2013 roster:
QB: Tarvaris Jackson in 2011, Russell Wilson in 2013
WR: Mike Williams and Sidney Rice were the #1 and #2 WRs, in 2013 it was primarily Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin after Rice went on the IR.
LG: Robert Gallery was the starting LG in 2011.
Offense: The 2013 WRs were on the 2011 team. So really the only changes were at LG and QB from 2011 to 2013. People seem to forget that the 2013 offense has almost the exact same players from the 2011 team, the main difference is Russell Wilson.

Your not giving enough credit to the addition of bennett and avril. With the way the Defense played in the superbowl I could of been at qb......

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would any pocket passer make it with the O line being less than stellar? I wonder if Peyton could have managed or gone down with injuries at mid-season. Still don't know what Flynn is capable of with a team that could give him the right protection. That's why they went with TJ and had some success with his running skills. His passing was okay at times.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would any pocket passer make it with the O line being less than stellar? I wonder if Peyton could have managed or gone down with injuries at mid-season. Still don't know what Flynn is capable of with a team that could give him the right protection. That's why they went with TJ and had some success with his running skills. His passing was okay at times.

TJax was awful. Midway through the season people were calling for Clippboard Jesus to start (I was one of them) and he sucked too. Everyone talks about how lucky Wilson is to go to the Seahawks but he took over one of the worst passing offenses in the league and tied the rookie TD record.