• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perlman Extending Eichorst's Contract

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perlman's new book "How to bankrupt the university and handcuff them into mediocrity or worse" Ghost Written by Shawn Eichoke.

I certainly hope the Board of Regents can stop this from happening.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perlman has a full box of cryaoons to write wiff

He keeps his favorite colors in his pocket protector and snacks on them throughout the day.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes he heads down to the faculty lounge and melts one in the nuker for his tea.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He keeps his favorite colors in his pocket protector and snacks on them throughout the day.
" Hey Perlman yorn teef look to be in a rainbow color sir "

perlman --" I do swing that way --and wear dresses so that I can shower in the girls room "

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His favorite is what he calls Chancellor S'mores.

It's a sammich combination of Graham Crackers, Black Crayons, and Elmer's Glue, nuked until gooey.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Nebraska's return to elite status will be dependent largely on university leaders getting on the same page. I'm talking mostly about the head coach, athletic director, president, chancellor and regents.

Imagine Husker football with those folks pushing in the same direction. It perhaps seems difficult to fathom, it's been so rare. Too often since late 2002 — when Steve Pederson was hired as athletic director essentially to fire Frank Solich — there's been internal strife of some sort.

Here we go again.

Current Nebraska coach Mike Riley, athletic director Shawn Eichorst and lame-duck Chancellor Harvey Perlman are on the same page. But Perlman isn't exactly a popular figure with the regents, and it's no secret Eichorst has limited support among the upper-level administrationin part because he's created a stifling Pederson-esque corporate management structure.

It frankly gets old, all the politics.

People ask all the time: What's happened to Nebraska football? It's a gross oversimplification to point to only the coaching element. The downturn also has been the result of university leaders failing to maintain a strong overall vision for the program.

Since 2002, tumult has been present to a degree that once seemed unfathomable, with Perlman presiding all the while. He hasn't been the only problem, mind you, but he's been a common denominator. He has the unprecedented distinction of presiding over the firing of three football coaches. A fourth has Nebraska sitting at 3-6 — matching the Huskers' worst record through nine games since 1960.

Based on numerous interviews and conversations, it's clear upper-level university leadership once again lacks alignment and vision. So, once again, a Husker head coach must prepare for a formidable opponent while leadership above him weighs down the operation.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm convinced Perlwoman hates the football program and Nebraska fans, so he allowed Eichorst to make one of the WORST football coach hires EVER at a top tier program.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize that firing anybody right now would set the program back 25+ years, right?
So you are saying that if the University fires someone now, we will be 4 years from back to back titles?

DONE!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How can they win, how can they win?! They did win, they did win, and they did it with our pick master, TA! I'm elated that the last pick was dropped in the endzone by the MSU defender! That would have been 3 picks for him in the game. I was told last night by a poster here that TA was running for his life the whole game and that excuses him from accountability for his numerous picks. He sure seems to throw tons of picks with no pressure on him though also. Overall, he's the best QB we have, but ANY QB who can pass for over 400 yards like Fyfe did, is not a bad QB, especially in his first start. His lack of experience, which he had close to zero experience before the Purdue game, certainly was a factor with his 4 picks.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Read it and thought to myself, this will really make top recruits flock to Lincoln and stay/play. :L

And let us not believe for one moment that coaches from other schools won't mention this about Nebraska football to persuade recruits from coming here.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Despite the crap that Nebraska fans have to endure because of a couple of turds, Perlwoman and Eichorst, I will always be a Nebraska fan, and an objective one also at times.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they were asked to table the contract talks and the did. What I hope for is the board told that fucktard Perlman that he will not be allowed to extend or higher anybody for the university since he will be gone in June. If he doesn't obey then he will be fired.

Second the board needs to meet and decide what they want in a AD. Eichorst and the board need to meet and figure out if they can work together and if his vision, goals, and philosophy are the one in the same with the board. If not they need to both go there separate ways. I still believe the board needs to do their due diligence in finding a new AD.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they were asked to table the contract talks and the did. What I hope for is the board told that fucktard Perlman that he will not be allowed to extend or higher anybody for the university since he will be gone in June. If he doesn't obey then he will be fired.

Second the board needs to meet and decide what they want in a AD. Eichorst and the board need to meet and figure out if they can work together and if his vision, goals, and philosophy are the one in the same with the board. If not they need to both go there separate ways. I still believe the board needs to do their due diligence in finding a new AD.

Here, here.