• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perk to Cleveland

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a great pick up. Wont add much to this team. He will give them some hard fouls thats about it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely was hoping the Cavs could do better than Perkins. Don't get me wrong- I would rather have had Amare, Jermaine ONeil, Larry Sanders if he wasnt mentally ill- adn there might be other buyout candidates that become avalaible that make the Cavs regret they did not wait, but maybe Perkins can help.

After looking at it- the silver linings that i see-

Perkins is only 30- i thought he was older than that.

Perkins was the OKC starter all year last year- in that role he was obviously overmatched. As the 4th big behind Love, Mozgov, Thompson- hopefully he can give the Cavs injury protection and 10-15 minutes a night.

He has tons of playoff experience

He will probably be an enforcer type and gives the Cavs an extra 6 fouls against.

He still sets a hell of a screen and can hopefully play a little defense.

Man i wish Anderson Varejao was still healthy. If the Cavs 4 bigs were Love, Varejao, Mozgov, and Thompson id feel extremely confident....Perkins will have to do as that 4th guy....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely was hoping the Cavs could do better than Perkins. Don't get me wrong- I would rather have had Amare, Jermaine ONeil, Larry Sanders if he wasnt mentally ill- adn there might be other buyout candidates that become avalaible that make the Cavs regret they did not wait, but maybe Perkins can help.

After looking at it- the silver linings that i see-

Perkins is only 30- i thought he was older than that.

Perkins was the OKC starter all year last year- in that role he was obviously overmatched. As the 4th big behind Love, Mozgov, Thompson- hopefully he can give the Cavs injury protection and 10-15 minutes a night.

He has tons of playoff experience

He will probably be an enforcer type and gives the Cavs an extra 6 fouls against.

He still sets a hell of a screen and can hopefully play a little defense.

Man i wish Anderson Varejao was still healthy. If the Cavs 4 bigs were Love, Varejao, Mozgov, and Thompson id feel extremely confident....Perkins will have to do as that 4th guy....

Lipstick meets pig.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much...

i was surprised he turned down Doc to be honest

I wasn't.

Why go someplace that you would actually have to earn your money and it still would only get them to a 1st round knockout?

The only way the Clippers have a shot at the 2nd round is if they play Houston.

He just has to scowl, stand with his feet nailed to the floor in the paint, and occasionally wave a towel around in support of his Teammates to reach the ECF with the Cavs.

This was a no brainer....for him.

The Cavs probably should have waited longer.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't.

Why go someplace that you would actually have to earn your money and it still would only get them to a 1st round knockout?

The only way the Clippers have a shot at the 2nd round is if they play Houston.

He just has to scowl, stand with his feet nailed to the floor in the paint, and occasionally wave a towel around in support of his Teammates to reach the ECF with the Cavs.

This was a no brainer....for him.

The Cavs probably should have waited longer.
Yes I agree. I really done think this will help the Cavs. He is slow and will hurt them on defense. He at least gives them some hard fouls and some size against teams like the Bulls.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a great pickup by the Cavs.
He plays rough, he's been through championship runs, and he can hold his own vs backups for those needed few minutes here and there.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays rough, he's been through championship runs, and he can hold his own vs backups for those needed few minutes here and there.

Thumbs up or down on this possibility?

Iran Winderman: Please do not jump to conclusions ... but the Sun Sentinel has learned that Michael Beasley has been working out at AmericanAirlines Arena.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I def like the championship experience and the toughness- and he still sets good screens and has 6 fouls...he does not need the ball on offense either obviously which is always a plus on this team.

Obviously I am not a Heat fan- but it sucks to see guys get hurt like Bosh......I would have loved to see a Cleveland/Miami first round series with all hands on deck for both sides. I am confident the Cavs would win-especially with their new found depth since their trades- but it would have been a lot of fun and i think gone to 6 games

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I def like the championship experience and the toughness- and he still sets good screens and has 6 fouls...he does not need the ball on offense either obviously which is always a plus on this team.

Obviously I am not a Heat fan- but it sucks to see guys get hurt like Bosh......I would have loved to see a Cleveland/Miami first round series with all hands on deck for both sides. I am confident the Cavs would win-especially with their new found depth since their trades- but it would have been a lot of fun and i think gone to 6 games

Oh...that would have been great for the fans.

Hopefully, we will get to see the Thunder vs. Warriors in the West.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just there to sit on the bench, right? If not, I can't wait to laugh my ass off as Cleveland derails itself because it starts giving Perkins significant minutes. That guy hasn't been helpful since 2010.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thumbs up or down on this possibility?

Iran Winderman: Please do not jump to conclusions ... but the Sun Sentinel has learned that Michael Beasley has been working out at AmericanAirlines Arena.

Beasley should have been brought back along time ago, or really should have never not been been here this season.

I'm all for this beat down, non scoring, Heat ass whipping if that is what it finally takes to get him back.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blood clots in your lungs are not considered an injury in my book.