• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Penguins vs Rangers Series Thread

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby hanging back cherry picking again. What a hack.

/those late-period goals are killer

I'm sure he was salivating like a mad dog when his cherry picking paid off.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until that goal I forgot Crosby was playing.

No one has looked great tonight outside of Zatkoff and Sheary, but man I love when Sid scores in the playoffs and people are like "about time! That guy sucks in the playoffs!" ...and he's leading active PPG in the playoffs and 7th all time. Like the article this week claiming that he lacks a Stanley Cup moment. Because winning it wasn't enough? Only reason his 09 run is forgotten is because Genos was so batshit insane. Also don't know how that guy forgot the dueling hat tricks with OV. Or that whole series. He was magnificent.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weirdest officiated game I've ever watched in my life.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry for this one..but they finally got into Henrik's head too bad it literally took the Rangers D.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...yeah, the Rangers were honestly better. And the Pens won 5-2. This isn't a bad thing. That was honestly some of the worst hockey I've seen from them for about 50 minutes.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Yeah it wasn't that good. I have to give Zatkoff credit he played great, honestly I didn't think it would have happened.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...yeah, the Rangers were honestly better. And the Pens won 5-2. This isn't a bad thing. That was honestly some of the worst hockey I've seen from them for about 50 minutes.

Yes and No. I though the first period was particularly bad, and obviously the powerplay was abysmal. But they still showed the singular trait that won them a lot of games down the stretch - relentless speed and forechecking. How many times did the Pens dump in a puck in what should have been an easy "collect and counter" by the Rangers only to turn into Penguins pressure? The first goal came from that exact play, and as the game continue, that shit just wears down opponents. It allows us to win games we shouldn't be in.

I think that win will settle some nerves though. I expect them to be better Saturday - and that's not good for the Rags.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and No. I though the first period was particularly bad, and obviously the powerplay was abysmal. But they still showed the singular trait that won them a lot of games down the stretch - relentless speed and forechecking. How many times did the Pens dump in a puck in what should have been an easy "collect and counter" by the Rangers only to turn into Penguins pressure? The first goal came from that exact play, and as the game continue, that shit just wears down opponents. It allows us to win games we shouldn't be in.

I think that win will settle some nerves though. I expect them to be better Saturday - and that's not good for the Rags.

I don't think they ever really got into a groove on the forecheck though. Short bursts, but a lot of it was interrupted by PK or PP. After the shorty they looked like themselves, but through most of the game it was just disjointed. The Rangers had more possession in the offensive zone, Pens were just more opportunistic. Which won the game, but doesn't translate into long term success. The Rangers weren't great either, but man if they pot one in the first, or on that Lovejoy clear...man.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBCSN intermission: "How confident is Crosby now? He's the closest thing to Toews in the playoffs now."

101GP, 121 points
117GP, 102 points

But leadership, probably. This isn't to disparage Toews at all, just confuses the hell out of me that people think this is new, Sid scoring.