• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penguins v. Islanders Round 1 Series Thread

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not at all. .918-.923 is an average performance in the playoffs these days.

Fleury had only 18 saves tonight. Wow.

I can't see how Vokoun is not in net in Game 5.

Same here, honestly we should have seen him at some point tonight.
My only fear is he comes out and craps the bed period 1 and they are screwed into Fleury come the second period. If that is the case it will be the Isles in 6.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here, honestly we should have seen him at some point tonight.
My only fear is he comes out and craps the bed period 1 and they are screwed into Fleury come the second period. If that is the case it will be the Isles in 6.

Maybe put Crosby in the net and put Marc-Assist Machine Fleury at center?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the complete spaz attack that was the sixth, I missed this gem.
fleuryLOL.gif

Textbook?

He's given up 3 goals in this series just because he can't seem to get his pads on/inside the pipes from pucks coming from behind the net. Ridiculous.

Unleash the Fleury!

I hate the Pens, but I'm almost mad along with them tonight.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guise, it is still just 2-2. It's not 3-0.

True but since it is 2-2 it gives the Isles the upperhand when you have a team play as poorly as the Penguins have even in one of their wins.

This easily could be 3-1 Isles right now.

You have to give the Isles a ton of credit they know how to beat the Penguins.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Textbook?

He's given up 3 goals in this series just because he can't seem to get his pads on/inside the pipes from pucks coming from behind the net. Ridiculous.

Unleash the Fleury!

I hate the Pens, but I'm almost mad along with them tonight.

The Post knee up stance, which I am assuming he was going for on the sixth, is the appropriate move here. Skate against the post, catching glove outside on the net and pad pressed against the post. Right leg should be at about a 45 degree angle across the crease so you can slam it against the opposite post should the play go around and out the other side.

He did not do anything right on this one.

I'm leaning towards smacking Bylsma there. Misplaying that in THAT big of a way, he should have come out there. Either Bylsma doesn't know shit about goaltending and/or the goalie coach has no way to reach the bench. Massive red flags all over that. Shit, if I had a Squirt goalie do that, I would at least call a time out and bring him back to earth.

I am totally DVRing the replay of this one. Gonna make the boy watch it. And write down everything I will bench him for doing. Wow.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ibhboInpoIphUN.gif

Of all the things I hate about this, I hate that this is making me feel sorry for Pens fans.

A straight up butterfly with the left skate outside the post would have stopped that.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Post knee up stance, which I am assuming he was going for on the sixth, is the appropriate move here. Skate against the post, catching glove outside on the net and pad pressed against the post. Right leg should be at about a 45 degree angle across the crease so you can slam it against the opposite post should the play go around and out the other side.

He did not do anything right on this one.

I'm leaning towards smacking Bylsma there. Misplaying that in THAT big of a way, he should have come out there. Either Bylsma doesn't know shit about goaltending and/or the goalie coach has no way to reach the bench. Massive red flags all over that. Shit, if I had a Squirt goalie do that, I would at least call a time out and bring him back to earth.

I am totally DVRing the replay of this one. Gonna make the boy watch it. And write down everything I will bench him for doing. Wow.

This cracked me up.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This cracked me up.

We watched Miracle and I said "At least you don't have a coach like him, huh?"

He responded "Not THAT much difference"

I was honored and appalled at the same time. :D

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ibhboInpoIphUN.gif

Of all the things I hate about this, I hate that this is making me feel sorry for Pens fans.

A straight up butterfly with the left skate outside the post would have stopped that.
What's worse is that there was nothing to stop. The puck wasn't even going on net until MAF deflected it.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said goodnight over an hour ago but I'm too fucking mad to sleep.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ibhboInpoIphUN.gif

I laughed my ass off when I saw that go in. There was no excuse for that because it would not have gone in if he would not have touched it.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am enjoying this Fleury debacle, I can't help but feel bad for Bylsma. He is a great coach whose shelf life had simply ran out in Pittsburgh. I may hate his team, but I respect the man.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of feel bad for Sid...he's been pretty awesome. They just...just..BE SMART WITH THE PUCK! It's so freaking simple!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ibhboInpoIphUN.gif

The body language on Letang after that goal would have me VERY worried as a Pens fan.

Blatant sag of the shoulders. He's showing up his goalie and that is either:

a) indicative of the opinion of the dressing room, or

b) signs of a rift/doubts about the coaches decision about what goalie to play.

I think the Pens are in serious trouble. I still think they win this series but I wouldn't put significant money on it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this helps stomach the early offseason more than the drinking does...