• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pelini Hates Signing Day

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about their NFL careers, what did they do to win games for Auburn?

If the point is to get players to Auburn to make them NFL players, well then congrats....I guess.

Shouldn't any recruiting system be to recruit players to win games at your school?

You do get the fact that if they make it to the NFL then have contributed in college right? I mean Brandon Jacobs is a weird exception but 5 stars have a higher success rate on the field it's just a fact.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do get the fact that if they make it to the NFL then have contributed in college right? I mean Brandon Jacobs is a weird exception but 5 stars have a higher success rate on the field it's just a fact.

I gave you the chance to show the greatness of the 5 stars that Auburn has had over nearly a decade, and all you can give me is... zero answers and excuses.

I have no problem with stats. However, the stats seem to stop at Auburn and the impact of 5 stars on your program. (Outside of Cam Newton).

As I said before, ship more 5 stars to Auburn. They won't make your team significantly better than anybody.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shon Coleman - Should be a major contributor this year.
Michael Dyer - We don't win the national championship without him.
Tray Blackmon - Didn't play much but damn when he did was unbelievable "Little Ball of Hate"
Ben Obomanu - Was huge for us in 2004 great receiver.

I'll take as many like the above as we can sign.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tray Blackmon - Didn't play much but damn when he did was unbelievable "Little Ball of Hate"

And here you are, talking about "contributors".

These are 5 star players. Program changers. Game changers. All Conference if not All-American type players.

Dyer played for a year. Had a single great run that was a pure fluke, and was done at Auburn.

And the next best is "Was huge for us in 2004 great receiver".

How many All SEC players you got? Hell, All Americans.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dyer played two years made SEC all freshman team then the All SEC team his second year.
Obomanu ended his career second in receiving touchdowns in Auburn history.
Shon Coleman has been recovering from cancer but no matter what he does next year he is a winner and inspiration.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dyer played two years made SEC all freshman team then the All SEC team his second year.
Obomanu ended his career second in receiving touchdowns in Auburn history.
Shon Coleman has been recovering from cancer but no matter what he does next year he is a winner and inspiration.

I truly hope you land 20 5 stars a year at Auburn. Believe me. I really do.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do too. Hope you guys get at least one at some point.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AU has won a NC and played for another one in the last 5 years. Nebraska loses 4 games a year and gets 70 pts dropped on them in the same time frame. I'm pretty sure AU is doing just fine with their 5 star players.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is this kid doin'?

"They don't have no Chick-Fil-A on campus"

Y! SPORTS

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked. Was a team leader in tackles (75) one year. I'm gonna say one thing right now though: Raisin' Canes>>>Chick-Hate-Gays

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AU has won a NC and played for another one in the last 5 years. Nebraska loses 4 games a year and gets 70 pts dropped on them in the same time frame. I'm pretty sure AU is doing just fine with their 5 star players.

You're right, 63, 65, 63, and 55 are much more respectable numbers being dropped on a team that sits atop the greatest recruiting franchise in all of college football.

Texas football is so fantastically awesome over the past 5 years that you have lost 4 games or more in every season the last 4 years including a year in which you finished dead fucking last in the Big 12 South. Baylor, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State have won conference championships more recently than Texas.

Can you please tell us all more about the greatness of Texas football over the past 5 years? I'm sure the 5 star recruits you have landed during this time are fascinated to hear more about Colt McCoy's injury and what woulda, coulda, shoulda happened.

While you are at it, can you give us a rundown of the fantastic careers had by the numerous Texas players drafted in the 2014 NFL draft? Certainly with the advantages that Texas has in recruiting you can give us a solid breakdown of the 4 and 5 star recruits Texas has landed that have gone onto signing monster contracts in this past years NFL draft, right?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought that a signing day leaves teams in a vulnerable positions. If I was a coach, I'd tell all the kids who were committed to me who had offers from my rivals (Mich st., ND and OSU) to tell those other teams they were committed to them. Then on national signing day, flip back to Michigan. You could destroy recruiting classes that way.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Bo. If a school offers, and the kid accepts right then and there, the school is on the hook NO MATTER WHAT. No shenanigans about gray shirts. No, sorry but we are taking player Z because he is better than you. The scholarship offer counts immediately towards the scholarship limits.

On the flip side, this would make schools hold on to their offers until the last second, which would put even more pressure on the high school kids. They have no idea what school they are going to until the last second. When do high school kids learn they are academically accepted to a school? That is the day the football players learn also. That makes all high school kids the same.

I think Nebraska is one of the schools that offered a seventh grader. Absolutely ridiculous.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, this would make schools hold on to their offers until the last second, which would put even more pressure on the high school kids. They have no idea what school they are going to until the last second. When do high school kids learn they are academically accepted to a school? That is the day the football players learn also. That makes all high school kids the same.
but if there isn't a signing day, what is the "last second"?

It would definitely be an interesting change that no one can really guess the effects. I can think of a lot of scenarios.

what I think it would do though is speed up recruiting which is actually bad imo. Think about it, if a guy can sign as soon as they become a senior or whenever, teams are going to bother these kids earlier and earlier, trying to get them to like their team the most. obviously stuff would die down after they signed, but before that point stuff would be even thicker.

I think it could possibly even out the playing field some across the nation. Think about how a 4* guy might not get that Big offer until late. well that 4* guy isn't going to wait around forever and signs with a mediocre major team (think Minnesota, Kansas St, Syracuse, etc). But on the other hand, maybe a lot of those guys are willing to wait to see if they can get on a possible NC winning team, then what happens when they don't get that offer and those mediocre major teams don't have any scholarships left?

so many things to think about.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know something else that Bo has been a supporter of, is allowing kids to make their official visits earlier. Since before a kids senior year they have to pay their own way to a school for an unofficial visit.

the main thing imo is that they need to set more limits on how much contact teams can have with kids. It's ridiculous that teams put out offers to anyone that isn't at least a junior.