• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pelicans traded AD to the Lakers

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this trade benefits both teams. The Lakers get another elite player to play with Lebron and they were able to keep Kuzma. It makes sense to try to win right away because Lebron isn't getting younger.

The Pelicans have a very bright future now. They already have Zion with pick #1 and he has a lot of talent. Now they will have pick #4 in this drat plus two other first rounders for future years for long term improvement.

In the short term the new additions from the Lakers have potential if they can stay healthy. Ball is very good at getting assists, Ingram showed a lot of development last year before his medical condition. Hart improved every year with his scoring in college. In the Pros he hasn't shown a lot but if nothing else he can provide depth to the roster at guard.

It will be an exciting draft for the Pelicans. It will be interesting to see who they pick at #4. They should be able to get a good talent with that pick.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, the best trades are the ones where both GM's can go to their respective owners and say "We won that trade".

Rob Pelinka can go to Jeanie Buss and say "We won the trade because we got a top 5 player in the league, we kept Kuzma and we didn't have to take on the Solomon Hill contract.

David Griffin can go to Gayle Benson and say "We won the trade because we got a nice young core of players in Ball, Ingram and Hart and we got the #4 pick to go with the #1 pick.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might be underestimating Hart a little. He doesn't have the upside of Ball and Ingram. He's a good defender and a solid shooter. He'd make a good first guard off the bench/spot starter.

He looked like he took a little bit of a step back last year. But that was because he was pretty much playing on 1 leg from before the all star break to the end of the season.

Kuzma was the one the Lakers wanted to keep. But as a fan, I'd have been almost as happy if they'd kept Hart as I am that they kept Kuzma.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Hart wants to play for the Pelicans. He let Griffin know that. He will get a chance to prove himself. He does have the ability to play good defense and he has 3 point shooting range.

The Pels made the most of the #4 pick. Alexander Walker was one of the best players at summer league.

Hayes should fit in well also with Gentry's style of play.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Hart wants to play for the Pelicans. He let Griffin know that. He will get a chance to prove himself. He does have the ability to play good defense and he has 3 point shooting range.

The Pels made the most of the #4 pick. Alexander Walker was one of the best players at summer league.

Hayes should fit in well also with Gentry's style of play.

Your Pels are going to be fun too watch. I expect I'll be watching a lot of their games this season.