• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peach Bowl: Michigan vs Florida

VTgator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“The players didn’t care/over looked them” are excuses that we always here from SEC schools. “They didn’t want to be there” is also very popular down there.

Absolutely! As a Gator, I've heard this for decades, particularly after we lost to the Noles. Among the classics were:

* "Spurrier don't care about OOC games. He's after SEC rings."
* "Florida and Miami are the only two teams FSU plays, while the rest of their All Cupcake Conference schedule is a piece of cake. Florida has to run through the vaunted SEC gauntlet. WE are beaten up while all of FSU's starters are fresh..."
* "Bowden cheats."
* "Mickey Andrews teaches his players to play dirty."

I love that canard of the SEC gauntlet. From 1992-1999, that "gauntlet" included:

* Vandy...............43-84-0
* Kentucky...........46-78-0
* South Carolina....40-60-1 (92-00)
* LSU..................65-62-1
* 3d SEC-W..........75-53-2

Add to this a mediocre (by normal standards) Georgia team and two G5 cupcakes, and Florida pretty much had six guaranteed wins.

Now granted, FSU and other major schools also had their share of cupcakes (some more than others). Of the 65 P5 programs, here are the schools with losing records since 2010:

Kansas......................Big XII
Oregon State.............PAC
Purdue......................BiG
Colorado...................PAC
Illinois.......................BiG
Indiana.....................BiG
Rutgers.....................BiG
Iowa State................Big XII
Virginia......................ACC
Wake Forest...............ACC
Maryland...................BiG
Cal...........................PAC
Kentucky...................SEC
Vandy.......................SEC
Minnesota..................BiG
Arkansas....................SEC
Boston College............ACC
UCLA.........................PAC
Texas Tech.................Big XII
North Carolina.............ACC
Ole Miss.....................SEC

But fans being fans, one side loves to beat their chests, and Florida is hardly an exception...

Last edited:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Somebody in the bureaucracy like a UF/UM bowl game. It is what it is. I'd guess that someone is on the Michigan side, too...since our bowl games have been on Florida's worst shit-the-bed years.

This year, we actually have a coach...which is nice. Still no QB, but we can work around that, apparently.

Perhaps, the preference is toward both being top 10 public universities. So, the retards can go play each other elsewhere?

VTgator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was it a fluke win?

After 32 years of winning, any loss would be considered pretty flukey. They beat us fair and square and also out-gained us, so we can't use the excuse "giving it away."

But no one EVER expects Kentucky to actually...y'know...BEAT us. Even when they should have more than once in the past 32 years.

The thing is, it was the Kentucky game that convinced Florida fans that we aren't all that. We struggled against them and Mizzou. No excuses. But the playoff committee, the writers, the coaches and the computer hacks (the College Football Ranking Composite) ALL have us a few ranking positions better than Kentucky. I guess the consensus thought that loss was a fluke as well, as both teams have 9-3 records, and the 'Cats DID beat the Gators at home...

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Harbaugh keeps setting this game up with the committee so they can beat Florida and he can go back home and look at a picture of Urban in his Florida gear from a decade ago and say "Take that!"

VTgator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Somebody in the bureaucracy like a UF/UM bowl game. It is what it is. I'd guess that someone is on the Michigan side, too...since our bowl games have been on Florida's worst shit-the-bed years.

This year, we actually have a coach...which is nice. Still no QB, but we can work around that, apparently.

Perhaps, the preference is toward both being top 10 public universities. So, the retards can go play each other elsewhere?

Dunno. Felipe has come a long way this year. In a way, he reminds me a bit of Leak in his development, except I'd say his maturity was a year behind Chris's. If you remember, the most favorite QB on the Gators during the Leak Era was the backup QB. From Ingle Martin (2003), Gavin Dickey (2004), Josh Portis (2005), and Tim Tebow (2006), it seems that the fans, at least on Gator Country, were forever clamoring for the backup to get more snaps or even take over the starting job. Yet Leak hung on, got better in 2004, regressed in 2005, and led the team to a MNC in 2006, finishing as the Gators' all time leading passer.

Who knows? Maybe Felipe can do the same?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno. Felipe has come a long way this year. In a way, he reminds me a bit of Leak in his development, except I'd say his maturity was a year behind Chris's. If you remember, the most favorite QB on the Gators during the Leak Era was the backup QB. From Ingle Martin (2003), Gavin Dickey (2004), Josh Portis (2005), and Tim Tebow (2006), it seems that the fans, at least on Gator Country, were forever clamoring for the backup to get more snaps or even take over the starting job. Yet Leak hung on, got better in 2004, regressed in 2005, and led the team to a MNC in 2006, finishing as the Gators' all time leading passer.

Could be...now that he has the great QB corch as the head corch. Kid has a sic arm but his brain makes for some bad days.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be...now that he has the great QB corch as the head corch. Kid has a sic arm but his brain makes for some bad days.
He just doesn't have the football IQ... if he could figure shit out 5 seconds faster he'd Be the hero

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just doesn't have the football IQ... if he could figure shit out 5 seconds faster he'd Be the hero
Wait, which one is “the great QB corch as the head corch” here?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 32 years of winning, any loss would be considered pretty flukey. They beat us fair and square and also out-gained us, so we can't use the excuse "giving it away."

But no one EVER expects Kentucky to actually...y'know...BEAT us. Even when they should have more than once in the past 32 years.

The thing is, it was the Kentucky game that convinced Florida fans that we aren't all that. We struggled against them and Mizzou. No excuses. But the playoff committee, the writers, the coaches and the computer hacks (the College Football Ranking Composite) ALL have us a few ranking positions better than Kentucky. I guess the consensus thought that loss was a fluke as well, as both teams have 9-3 records, and the 'Cats DID beat the Gators at home...
even as badly as our defense played that day.....franks was terrible and the refs blew the call on the fg. a tie game late in the 4th plays out differently imo

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not me.....leak is an underrated gator for sure. no way we win 2006 without him.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so how many "true michigan" fans made the new exodus from rivals? and im not talking about the noobs that have 3 college avatars as their faves. @Fatsquirrel whats you story? you bring any other infected with you?

stabnburn

Moderately-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so how many "true michigan" fans made the new exodus from rivals? and im not talking about the noobs that have 3 college avatars as their faves. @Fatsquirrel whats you story? you bring any other infected with you?
He's definitely the best Michigan poster from rivals, but there are a few good ones. Not sure if arrogant bastard came over

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should just play every year.

Sucks. Neither fan base is happy with this shit matchup. Everybody would’ve been happier had they put ucf in the Peach and Michigan in the Fiesta.

MarineG8R

Anti-Dentite
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks. Neither fan base is happy with this shit matchup. Everybody would’ve been happier had they put ucf in the Peach and Michigan in the Fiesta.

obvs.gif

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fishin-4-a-Livin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understand the transitive property....at no point did I argue that Michigan would beat Florida because they lose to Kentucky.

I simply argued that a win over Florida will looked at as "meh" by pretty much everyone nationally because Florida isn't a great team. A team that lost to 8-4 Missouri and 9-3 Kentucky. Another loss gives them 4 on the season.

Well, it appears you don’t have to worry about a “meh” win.