• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul Finebaum: Thoughts?

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't too bad of a show if there was actual football news. But the callers were the greatest bunch of idiots I have ever heard. Couldn't listen.

What do you expect from a bunch of Bammers?

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Terrible. Lots of them would call in and try to get him to recall when they met, or tell a really bad joke. There was always an embarrassing pause somewhere in the dialogue.

I would always picture him doing this...:L

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy from Georgia was right up there, as was a Neanderthal from just out of Gainesville, they had one from at least every SEC school. What sealed the deal for me was when we went to the NASCAR race after Boise beat Georgia. Since it was postponed by rain, we spent the day going to tailgates and meeting fans of every school. The stereotypes were often true. While thankfully most folks were gracious and intelligent, we found that many, well, let's just call them "colorful," especially when they drank, which they did in force.

I remember one lady, swigging straight from a bottle of Jack who hauled off and whacked her husband right across the jaw for asking if she'd help feed the kids. She was a Gator fan. Two boys from the hills of Alabama sped across the parking lot on the back of a pickup waving a Tide banner, until the truck hit a bump and they did a full monte right out of it landing on their faces in a mud bog. Or the Auburn fan that starting screaming at a fan of some Sun Belt team about how worthless they were. Then there was another Bulldog who, with his lovely wife, consumed a large jug of rum needing to head out twice for more Coke. Not being enough, he drank several beers (a six pack at least), and then declared that he was tired of waiting for the race to start, they were going out cruising.

As we left, we noticed him on the side of the road, doing the line walk for a cop with his cute wife in cuffs screaming from the back of the squad car.

We don't have parties like that up here. Or least I'm not invited to them.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But PAAAWWWWLLLLLLL"

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy from Georgia was right up there, as was a Neanderthal from just out of Gainesville, they had one from at least every SEC school. What sealed the deal for me was when we went to the NASCAR race after Boise beat Georgia. Since it was postponed by rain, we spent the day going to tailgates and meeting fans of every school. The stereotypes were often true. While thankfully most folks were gracious and intelligent, we found that many, well, let's just call them "colorful," especially when they drank, which they did in force.

I remember one lady, swigging straight from a bottle of Jack who hauled off and whacked her husband right across the jaw for asking if she'd help feed the kids. She was a Gator fan. Two boys from the hills of Alabama sped across the parking lot on the back of a pickup waving a Tide banner, until the truck hit a bump and they did a full monte right out of it landing on their faces in a mud bog. Or the Auburn fan that starting screaming at a fan of some Sun Belt team about how worthless they were. Then there was another Bulldog who, with his lovely wife, consumed a large jug of rum needing to head out twice for more Coke. Not being enough, he drank several beers (a six pack at least), and then declared that he was tired of waiting for the race to start, they were going out cruising.

As we left, we noticed him on the side of the road, doing the line walk for a cop with his cute wife in cuffs screaming from the back of the squad car.

Been there, done that. Was at the race in Atlanta back in 1997 or so and it rained out. What's a bunch of rednecks to do with all that mud, booze, and time on their hands? We must've sprayed mud on dozens of hapless victims while doing drunken donuts. One kid with a brand new white Nascar jacket got covered.

Looking back, I don't understand how the cops didn't show up.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit. Atlanta is the race for high class folks.

You should experience the redneck glory that is Talladega.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHO?

:noidea:

I've seen y'all toss the name around but I've never heard the guy's show and by reading what y'all have posted, I certainly haven't missed anything. Maybe I'll try to find him on the radio and see what all the SportsHoopla is about.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Years ago, I was lecturing on the battle of Gettysburg to a class of freshmen, one of whom, a special ed. student, was the world's biggest Jeff Gordon fan. He wore a NASCAR shirt every day, and knew every detail about every driver, even though he could barely write his name.

I was describing the Battle of Little Round Top and showed the clip from the Ken Burns movie about how Chamberlain's Maine in a desperate move forced Oak's Alabama (they were from Talladega) to move to the right, where they ran into Union reinforcements and ultimately were defeated. My student was frantically waving his hand in the air during the whole clip.

"I've got it, I've got it, I know why the South lost! If you make a boy from Talladega turn right, he's going to crash into the wall every time."

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Atlanta was close to me (Macon). But I spent my fair share of time at Talladega and Darlington. In fact I think I was at Darlington more than all the others combined.

It always seemed to rain at Atlanta.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta was close to me (Macon). But I spent my fair share of time at Talladega and Darlington. In fact I think I was at Darlington more than all the others combined.

It always seemed to rain at Atlanta.

I don't think I ever went to a Darlington race when it didn't rain. Before they paved the roads on the infield it would be a huge freaking mudhole and needless to say that every drunk redneck in the joint was going to go slide through it. Hell, I had family members go streaking through the mud one year and slipped and fell.

:L

Last edited by a moderator:

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I call bullshit! There is no way in hell a Ga, Bama, Florida, and Awbarn fans would be tailgating at the same place... That's just a flat out lie!

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 6 beers is not "several"!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh my, I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just said that saban would only leave bama for the nfl and 10 mil a year.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call bullshit! There is no way in hell a Ga, Bama, Florida, and Awbarn fans would be tailgating at the same place... That's just a flat out lie!

No, different parts of the parking lots and in the stands. NASCAR is a lot of fun in that regard. Heck, I'd wager that the Bama kids were related to you.
:drool:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, different parts of the parking lots and in the stands. NASCAR is a lot of fun in that regard. Heck, I'd wager that the Bama kids were related to you.
:drool:

You've been able to experience every southern stereotype in every post. I guess you're just lucky! Probably only been down here on a few occasions as well. OMG, I looked in the mirror after reading your posts, and damn, I think I am a redneck hick! :noidea:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been able to experience every southern stereotype in every post. I guess you're just lucky! Probably only been down here on a few occasions as well. OMG, I looked in the mirror after reading your posts, and damn, I think I am a redneck hick! :noidea:

Took long enough:laugh3: