• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats sign Browner

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is being gutted.....in Pete and John we trust!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah teams around the NFL are plucking the Seahawks like you do a bird when getting him ready for dinner.
JS/PC got to knock out another great draft, but I trust them to do just that.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yeah teams around the NFL are plucking the Seahawks like you do a bird when getting him ready for dinner.
JS/PC got to knock out another great draft, but I trust them to do just that.

They think they get the system with the player..

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how I feel about this. That's a lot of money for a third corner.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That seemed like significantly more than I would have thought he'd be able to get.
But if you don't have a corner like him (a guy that can and will beat the shit out of the receiver as he gets off the line... and 5 yards down the field... and 15 yards down the field... and pretty much the whole play), he could be pretty valuable to you.
The Hawks have so much depth at CB that he isn't hard for them to replace him right now, but nobody else has a secondary like Seattle right now.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying in New England he's the third guy, and he may be pushed for that spot too.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have lost some backups and B level players to teams that were willing to overpay. If its the price you pay for being a Super Bowl Champion sign me up every year.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im curious how the contract shakes out with guarantees and such. I know 1/4 of the cap hit is taken away this year. I bet its a complicated contract that allows the Pats to get out of it if anything should happen regarding his history.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying in New England he's the third guy, and he may be pushed for that spot too.

It's not a #1, #2, #3 guy thing; it's the role he can fill being put on the guy you want to disrupt getting off the line.
I agree that he's not worth what NE is paying... but who is there #2 ahead of Browner?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alfonso Dennard, and Browner isn't likely to even compete for that spot. He's more likely in my mind to be surpassed by Logan Ryan as the third guy on the field than take Dennard's spot as the two.

I honestly think what is most likely to be his biggest role is to match up on problem tight ends, since he has the size to effectively cover them.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alfonso Dennard, and Browner isn't likely to even compete for that spot. He's more likely in my mind to be surpassed by Logan Ryan as the third guy on the field than take Dennard's spot as the two.

I honestly think what is most likely to be his biggest role is to match up on problem tight ends, since he has the size to effectively cover them.

With what they're paying him, I will bet he's out there a lot, in whatever role, unless he shows he can't do it on the field. I think I would take him over Dennard, but I haven't seen that much of him (Dennard), so I could be wrong.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where are the NE fans who called Seattle cheaters with Browner's drug busts? Bet they aren't as outraged now that he is one of their own.

The new deal is 3 years 17m, but is said to have a lot tied to it. I'm sure little if any is guaranteed and any busts for drugs and the rest is auto voided.

Of course Seattle didn't bring him back with someone willing to put that kind of a deal on the table.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you're paid doesn't get you a better role on a Bill Belichick team. He's likely to find some niche for himself, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a lot of nickel looks with him off the field. Dennard's much better, and Logan Ryan could very well overtake browner too.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where are the NE fans who called Seattle cheaters with Browner's drug busts? Bet they aren't as outraged now that he is one of their own.

The new deal is 3 years 17m, but is said to have a lot tied to it. I'm sure little if any is guaranteed and any busts for drugs and the rest is auto voided.

Of course Seattle didn't bring him back with someone willing to put that kind of a deal on the table.

I say the same thing I said before. The suspension should not have been lifted. I don't think he should have got a ring because his selfish decisions put him in the position he was in. I don't have a problem with it being put behind him, but I think you need to know that he is equally willing to put that behind him as well.

Marijuana shouldn't be illegal or banned by the league. But it is. You can't be risking abandoning your teammates like that.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you're paid doesn't get you a better role on a Bill Belichick team. He's likely to find some niche for himself, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a lot of nickel looks with him off the field. Dennard's much better, and Logan Ryan could very well overtake browner too.

I agree with what you're saying, but do you think that BB would have given him that much of his cap if he didn't see talent that warranted it and didn't plan to get his money's-worth?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this sarcasm? I don't see that we are being gutted at all.

What we have retained:
Tony McDaniel: Our starting DT
Michael Bennett: Our starting DE

What we have lost:
Golden Tate: Our #2 WR
Brandon Browner: Projected as our #3 CB with the way Maxwell had played.
O'Brien Schofield: Backup LB/LEO who didn't have much playing time.
Breno Giacomini: Our far below average RT
Clint McDonald: A rotational DT who was cut by us at one point.

Most of what has been "gutted" has been depth and non-essential players.

We have lost 1 starter, unless you count Giacomini who was a replacement level player to begin with.