• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats locker room attendant deflated Bradys balls

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of dough. I have to think that no matter how this shakes out, Goodell's job has to be on the hot seat.

Goodell gets paid all that money to take the fall for everyone else. I'm sure he will again before this is all said and done.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of dough. I have to think that no matter how this shakes out, Goodell's job has to be on the hot seat.

his seat should be scorching just from all the crap from before the start of the season and mishandling everything.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm entirely convinced the Pats did this on purpose, but I also fully believe the league won't be able to find a smoking gun that proves it unless someone comes forward and admits doing it.

That means this thing will linger for several weeks with undoubtedly more leaks and speculation before the league files its findings and ends up doing basically nothing about it. That result will leave a seriously bad taste in everyone's mouth (well, outside of Foxborough anyway) that will forever leave most of us using a * next to every single achievement for the team, coach, and Brady.

In short, it will turn most of the entire football fanbase around the country into Hammerdowns. :nod:

Kraft can ask for an apology all he wants, but the result will end up being that they can't prove it, not that they are cleared of all wrong doing. Big difference.

If all of these sources are true and teams came to the league before that game then every close game they won is a travesty to this sport. They robbed the Ravens of a fair chance to win. They robbed the Jets of a fair game twice. Yes, the advantage doing this on purpose gains is likely minimal, but those close games come down to only a play or two and if it helps them in a handful of plays each game it taints every close game they have ever played in.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm entirely convinced the Pats did this on purpose, but I also fully believe the league won't be able to find a smoking gun that proves it unless someone comes forward and admits doing it.

That means this thing will linger for several weeks with undoubtedly more leaks and speculation before the league files its findings and ends up doing basically nothing about it. That result will leave a seriously bad taste in everyone's mouth (well, outside of Foxborough anyway) that will forever leave most of us using a * next to every single achievement for the team, coach, and Brady.

In short, it will turn most of the entire football fanbase around the country into Hammerdowns. :nod:

Kraft can ask for an apology all he wants, but the result will end up being that they can't prove it, not that they are cleared of all wrong doing. Big difference.

If all of these sources are true and teams came to the league before that game then every close game they won is a travesty to this sport. They robbed the Ravens of a fair chance to win. They robbed the Jets of a fair game twice. Yes, the advantage doing this on purpose gains is likely minimal, but those close games come down to only a play or two and if it helps them in a handful of plays each game it taints every close game they have ever played in.

This could very well be how things go down. I agree that almost regardless of the verdict now people will largely suspect that the Pats did it but the investigators just didn't find that one piece of evidence to remove all doubt.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to get good help anymore:suds:

A source tells PFT that the "Deflategate" video shows a locker room attendant taking two bags of footballs into a bathroom.
The bags contained 12 balls to be used by the Patriots and 12 balls to be used by the Colts. The video does not show what went on in the stall, but attendant is in the bathroom for approximately 90 seconds. The Patriots turned this tape over to the Warren Commission, who will now scour the grassy knoll for more evidence. Expect the attendant to fall on his sword a la Lee Harvey Oswald, declining to incriminate Bill Belichick or Tom Brady.:suds:

Wait... Who's in the Jack Ruby role?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think most fans want an answer whatever it is so it doesn't linger.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree some people will think that but not all. Richard's Sherman appeal on 4 game suspension for drug test, Browners suspension on PED's and Carrol's black cloud he left at USC, left some to think that thier SB is tainted or suspect. I never once questioned that before and felt they deserved the win

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

:clap:

The new way to spell:

N*w Engl*nd P*triots.

T*m Br*dy

B*ll B*lichick

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I agree some people will think that but not all. Richard's Sherman appeal on 4 game suspension for drug test, Browners suspension on PED's and Carrol's black cloud he left at USC, left some to think that thier SB is tainted or suspect. I never once questioned that before and felt they deserved the win

I appreciate that sonny, but there is a difference here. Again, we have to assume the reports are correct so if proven wrong its all moot, but...

If other teamS sent balls into the league complaining about them from more than one game this year AND they found that ALL 11 of the balls tested during the AFCCG were underinflated THEN this is entirely different. Again, out of the entire season I'd only pick on 3 games because of it: both Jets games and the Ravens playoff game. All 3 were close enough that even small advantages of this sort robbed them of the even playing field those games deserved.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that almost regardless of the verdict now people will largely suspect that the Pats did it but the investigators just didn't find that one piece of evidence to remove all doubt.

You're probably right. :( We live in a country full of science-deniers.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate that sonny, but there is a difference here. Again, we have to assume the reports are correct so if proven wrong its all moot, but...

If other teamS sent balls into the league complaining about them from more than one game this year AND they found that ALL 11 of the balls tested during the AFCCG were underinflated THEN this is entirely different. Again, out of the entire season I'd only pick on 3 games because of it: both Jets games and the Ravens playoff game. All 3 were close enough that even small advantages of this sort robbed them of the even playing field those games deserved.

Wizard in the Raven's game , Harbaugh did complain about the balls, but they were the 12 balls that were used for kicking, and underinflated balls would be a detriment I think. In that game Ravens had a 14 point lead twice and had every chance to win that game. As seen in the Indy game, the 2nd half stats were much better with proper pressure. Listen I dont condone this , if in fact the Pats took air out, then they should get punished. But too many posters are going way over board. Bountygate shit, roids,peds, filming, any advantage you can get, happens on every team. Browner just said that he told his teammates to break Sherman's arm or Thomas's shoulder. I know he said it in jest, as he said that they would still be best friends after the game. Suggs and Balt had accusations of bounty on Hines etc etc. Piped in noise, salary cap violations, tampering with personnel before proper time happens. This is the first time I have ever heard about football air pressure, and anyone tampering with them.

Can't wait til Sunday WH

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stephen Hawkings told me personally that Brady and Belichick are lieing

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are suggesting that science can completely absolve the Pats of all intentional wrong doing here? :L

I guess that shouldn't surprise me.

Let me clue you in here for a second, but lets assume you could prove those balls can deflate through some weather/temperature/preparation process. Given that it hasn't been happening for other teams it's still possible (and probable in my mind) that this 'process' was done intentionally.

Good luck proving nothing happened on purpose with that process alone. All it does is make having a smoking gun to do something about it a lot more difficult. You would have to have an insider spill the beans to do anything about it.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue if they let out air or didnt. I'm not gonna waste my time making up excuses for them. Let's see where it ends up, and if guilty, pay the piper, and it almost backfired with the underinflated balls in first half

thisistheyear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are suggesting that science can completely absolve the Pats of all intentional wrong doing here? :L

I guess that shouldn't surprise me.

Let me clue you in here for a second, but lets assume you could prove those balls can deflate through some weather/temperature/preparation process. Given that it hasn't been happening for other teams it's still possible (and probable in my mind) that this 'process' was done intentionally.

Good luck proving nothing happened on purpose with that process alone. All it does is make having a smoking gun to do something about it a lot more difficult. You would have to have an insider spill the beans to do anything about it.

Who says that the other teams have not experienced this?

If you are at 13.5 (or above as Rodgers has said), what is to say it does not "deflate" to 12.5 in the case of cold/bad weather games?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizard in the Raven's game , Harbaugh did complain about the balls, but they were the 12 balls that were used for kicking, and underinflated balls would be a detriment I think. In that game Ravens had a 14 point lead twice and had every chance to win that game. As seen in the Indy game, the 2nd half stats were much better with proper pressure. Listen I dont condone this , if in fact the Pats took air out, then they should get punished. But too many posters are going way over board. Bountygate shit, roids,peds, filming, any advantage you can get, happens on every team. Browner just said that he told his teammates to break Sherman's arm or Thomas's shoulder. I know he said it in jest, as he said that they would still be best friends after the game. Suggs and Balt had accusations of bounty on Hines etc etc. Piped in noise, salary cap violations, tampering with personnel before proper time happens. This is the first time I have ever heard about football air pressure, and anyone tampering with them.

Can't wait til Sunday WH
My question in those close games isn't just what advantage it gives Brady, but also is it part of the reason NE simply doesn't fumble? If you can get a tighter grip on the ball than your opponents can on theirs does that help catching balls and keeping from fumbling? If so (and again, it's all predicated on reports being true of course) then this finding would taint all close games they had in my mind, and likely the mind of most fans.

You know I don't have any personal ax to grind here. I don't like or dislike the Pats and haven't been a 'hater' on these boards against them.

I'm glad that either way it will be a fair game from the standpoint of equipment this Sunday and that the two top teams are on it. Hope it's a close game down to the wire. As much as there was satisfaction in crushing the Broncos last year, it did make for a boring game for most of the football world. A 4th quarter comeback would be awesome this time.