• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats @ Lions 2013, then and now.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you read the post instead of scanning it
It was like 5 sentences, I read it all. And I replied to two of the sentences. Why did you only choose to reply to my one sentence when I clearly asked you a question at the beginning of that post?

Seriously, this is my last post on the guy. He isn't even on the team
anymore.
So then can I expect that you will never speak of Barry Sanders anymore? Chris Spielman? Herman Moore? Those guys aren't on the team anymore. I hope you stand by your word and never speak of guys NOT on the team anymore. Weak bro.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was hard to tell with Stafford throwing 10 feet over everyone's head, but
I agree Nate gets no separation and Edwards has not impressed in the games.
Willis still looked decent and so did Broyles
I watched the replay today and I remember the announcers commenting during Moore's time at QB that he was getting throwing lanes that Stafford wasn't. Not that it's an excuse, but it is much easier to throw when you have clear passing lanes. Orrrrr maybe he's just used to chucking it up to CJ all the time? ;)

And I really think Edwards needs to go and Willis needs his spot. I'm very impressed with him. He may not be flashy, but he's ran good routes and has shown great hands.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swarm review ps week 3 -

Pros -

* new punter was worth a 5th rounder. I don't even think I was born the last time a Lions punter rolled a kick out at the 1.

* Ziggy Ansah is the real M'Fn deal. It's a joy to watch this beast play. Mayhew may not know anything about CB's or LB's or drafting after round 1, but he sure knows his early 1st round D linemen when he sees them.

* Reggie Bush is a Godsend. If just one other TE or WR can catch the rock with dependability, this passing O is going to be awesome. I know Stafford is still shaky, but once Bush and Calvin are out there together when it counts - look out fans. I'm almost wondering if the Lions weren't so shocked with what they saw from the Jets defense leaving Calvin wide open for Bush, they sat Calvin as to not give away anymore Megatron/Bush looks. Elite potential here.

* The defense gets up for big games, home games especially. This is nothing new. I'm sure a lot of teams are like this. At home, the Lions can play with anybody in the NFL.

* It's really incredible what a difference Louis Delmas makes when he is out there.

Cons -

* Burleson is done. He's the KVB of 2013. Great leader, great guy to fire everyone up, can't do shit on the field.

* The O line is going to struggle. I hope and expect them to improve as the season goes on. Jared Allen in week 1 is scary. Stafford is going to have to get the ball out quickly until this line gels.

* Our safety depth is deplorable. After Delmas and Quin we have Carey and Chris Hope. I wonder if Rasheed Mathis can play S?

* We still need a kick returner. Last piece to the ST puzzle.

Last edited by a moderator:

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Our safety depth is deplorable. After Delmas and Quin we have Carey and Chris Hope. I wonder if Rasheed Mathis can play S? [/QUOTE said:
Mathis was a former standout safety in college and started his NFL career there. He was only moved to CB after injuries devastated the Jaguars' secondary. That's why I think we'll be seeing him there some if Delmas gets hurt.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Montell Owens apparently doesn't have any type of "long term" injury per Schwartz. That's pretty encouraging considering how ugly that play looked from our angle. I thought he was done for the year for sure...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we do. I actually hope you are right. I want to watch the Lions actually win. But I just don't see it with that guy, sorry.

Dudes an absolute game changer for us. (When he's out there). It wouldn't matter to me if he practices once all season long. He plays in half the games, we make the playoffs. I know I'm a week short of my September time table, but I'm Fairley LeShoure both are gonna happen.