• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats accused of cheating again

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Saints case we have plenty of evidence. Payton suspended an entire year for it.. Yet he is considered a hero!

I wasn't trying to downplay anything the Patriots did. Just pointing out that other teams have done some pretty messed up things and they are getting the treatment of who gives a rats ass.

But again... They cheated, it did help them... I am not trying to say it didn't or say it never happened.

For what it's worth, the Saints title IS tained a bit. Bounty gate DID help them especially in the post season of that year.

They only won one title, though - and you won three, so you're under more fire.

I feel your pain a bit, Red.

As a Steelers fan I get the old 'steroid' thing a lot.

My defense is simple - I admit we did them and that we did them when they were allowed. Both are true. Did 'roids help us win? Of course! They made some players stronger and allowed others to heal faster. There's a reason we did them.

The same reasons all the other teams were on them as well. Again, they were allowed.

You can't watch the Raiders from the 70's and honestly say they weren't using steroids, can you? Or the Cowboys?

And they were legal so it's not cheating.

Sonny, for his part, doesn't argue either that the Pats filmed or that it helped the Pats win. He celebrates it, so people leave him alone for the most part on it. He embraces the horror, if you will.

We'll never know how much those tapes helped the Pats. We'll never know for sure if they would have won without them. We can only speculate.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with you on this point, but BB is one of the best coaches in the NFL and reverenced as such by other coaches.....Did he cheat, of course he did, and the fine of $250k to his 7 mil a yr salary was laughable to him, and he nor the team that was fined also objected to the penalty....That proves they were guilty......But they couldn't prove it affected the SB's so it's all water under the bridge now.....He has to prove he can win one without the cheat sheet if he ever wants this to go away, but the last time I checked, there are no asterisks on their Lombardi's......[/QUOTE]

Nor on ours.

Or the Saints.

Or anyone's for that matter.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with the Patriots. Every team is allowed to film... They just took it too far.

I agree with you about your steroids points that does get old and yes I will admit I have used and it will continue to (lol), its just the Steelers were more successful during the roids era as were the Patriots during the Spy Gate period... So we will forever have to deal with it. I hate it and get annoyed with it but sadly it is what it is

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with you on this point, but BB is one of the best coaches in the NFL and reverenced as such by other coaches.....Did he cheat, of course he did, and the fine of $250k to his 7 mil a yr salary was laughable to him, and he nor the team that was fined also objected to the penalty....That proves they were guilty......But they couldn't prove it affected the SB's so it's all water under the bridge now.....He has to prove he can win one without the cheat sheet if he ever wants this to go away, but the last time I checked, there are no asterisks on their Lombardi's......[/QUOTE]

Nor on ours.

Or the Saints.

Or anyone's for that matter.

Well the way people talk about it you would have thought the Patriots had them.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us stuck by our team during the hard times of the Great Depression, WWII, Korea and Vietnam.

Others, like the city of Balitmore, stopped going to games because you were losing.

You won straight away because you inherited a franchise - it's not like you got a expansion team, now is it?

No, you didn't have to 'roid up to win a SB - but you did have to look the other way when your star player committed a double homicide, right?

We don't worry about the Ravens in Pittsburgh - no need to. We usually split with you and if we don't, we sweep you more often than you sweep us.

Our founder - Art Rooney (who has more class than Art Model ever dreamed of having) bought us into the NFL in 1933. He didn't make a dime on us until 1947. He had several offers to sell the club but didn't.

He didn't move the club like Modell did - which is what's keeping him out of Canton, BTW.

Deservedly so.

Wheeeeew, you are like a run away jack hammer, you are all over the place......Are you on drugs or just have a few screws loose up there ??????? :noidea:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more so than they talk about the Steelers of the 70's or Saints of '09.

Like I said, I feel your pain - to an extent anyway.

stuck-up-precious-little-bitch.gif

LOL

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheeeeew, you are like a run away jack hammer, you are all over the place......Are you on drugs or just have a few screws loose up there ??????? :noidea:

Well, for starters I'm a woman so I may tend to over communicate.

And I also suffer from PTSD at it relates to MST from my time in the Navy.

So one could argue that I do indeed have a screw loose - but that screw got loosened while I wore the uniform. I left pieces of myself in the Navy that I'll never get back.

Not all wounds have scars, OS.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with the Patriots. Every team is allowed to film... They just took it too far.

I agree with you about your steroids points that does get old and yes I will admit I have used and it will continue to (lol), its just the Steelers were more successful during the roids era as were the Patriots during the Spy Gate period... So we will forever have to deal with it. I hate it and get annoyed with it but sadly it is what it is

That being said, and I'm sure Sonny would be the first to tell you this..

Be glad that you have to make excuses for titles, because it means you have them!

There are 32 teams in the NFL and a little over 10 have never won one.

4 have never even been there.

Most fans out there would love to trade places with you. ;)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, and I'm sure Sonny would be the first to tell you this..

Be glad that you have to make excuses for titles, because it means you have them!

There are 32 teams in the NFL and a little over 10 have never won one.

4 have never even been there.

Most fans out there would love to trade places with you. ;)

Man, Do I really need to break out that gif on you again? LOL..... Excellent post!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you should be very proud of a team that won nothing for it's first 30-40yrs of existence and after the last of the steroid SB's that Bradshaw won, it only took them 27 yrs to get back there and win 1..Extraordinary !!!!
While the Ravens won their first 1 in 5 yrs of existence and it's 2nd by their 18th yr of existence....
So we did in 18 yrs what the Steelers took aprox 40 yrs the first time and we didn't have to roid up to do it.....I do believe that verifies that we are more successful, but don't you fret too much missy, I'm sure TomTom is working on a new sideline cheat to try to get a win over these Bad Bunch of Birds.....
Say it with me now Goooooooo Ravens...You know you want to....:pound:
1c6d6420-d829-45f8-9a8e-70e76f6fa60e_zpscf3535b0.jpg

WTF are you talking about.... that shitty team has been around since 1946!!! It used to be the Browns, but you moved to Batimore!!!! So you have sucked since the dawn of time!!!! and just now decided to win a couple of titles.

But I wouldn't expect much from someone who supports a woman beater like your hero rice

rayricelongestcarry.jpg

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for starters I'm a woman so I may tend to over communicate.

And I also suffer from PTSD at it relates to MST from my time in the Navy.

So one could argue that I do indeed have a screw loose - but that screw got loosened while I wore the uniform. I left pieces of myself in the Navy that I'll never get back.

Not all wounds have scars, OS.

My apology.......Our military are my heroes..
And for the record, Bradshaw was great and probably the toughest qb I ever saw play the qb position.....
It's all banter on here for me, so don't be offended if I talk a little smack now and then, I am a sarcastic old toot sometimes but with a big sense of humor.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about.... that shitty team has been around since 1946!!! It used to be the Browns, but you moved to Batimore!!!! So you have sucked since the dawn of time!!!! and just now decided to win a couple of titles.

But I wouldn't expect much from someone who supports a woman beater like your hero rice

rayricelongestcarry.jpg

You're a day late and a dollar short of a dime psycho........
aa98e2f6-791c-4e13-a7bc-3caee7a07670_zpsa7c12b3d.jpg

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Everybody knows, You never go full retard!"

3n3i6.gif

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
23wins and 16 loses against the ratbirds.... I think we own your asses.

I could also go back and count how bad we beat your asses when your were formerly known as the cleveland shitstains!!!!

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
23wins and 16 loses against the ratbirds.... I think we own your asses.

I could also go back and count how bad we beat your asses when your were formerly known as the cleveland shitstains!!!!

And yet we have 2 Lombardi's in 13 yrs and your Squeelers have 2 in 29 yrs and a playoff loss to TIM TEBOW !!!!!!!!!! BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
3effdc69-ef4f-4c0f-9c07-b251556bdae0_zpsc69bf009.jpg

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet we have 2 Lombardi's in 13 yrs and your Squeelers have 2 in 29 yrs and a playoff loss to TIM TEBOW !!!!!!!!!! BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
3effdc69-ef4f-4c0f-9c07-b251556bdae0_zpsc69bf009.jpg

Lets be realistic here.... in 57 years you have 4 championships and 2 Lombardi's
not to discount your championships but there were only 13 teams, none of which were the Steelers

So ya still suck!!!!

:lol:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats cheated and the world knows it.

We start a thread about it.

"Blah blah blah Steelers blah blah blah Ravens blah blah blah Saints." - redseat

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats cheated and the world knows it.

We start a thread about it.

"Blah blah blah Steelers blah blah blah Ravens blah blah blah Saints." - redseat

You mean the Ravens and the Pats are two different teams.... Shit, my bad Boss!!!

:lol: