• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats accused of cheating again

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- I agree, and never said it didn't help. I have said over and over again that the only way this helped NE was when the never lost to the same team twice in a year. But you can have someones playbook, and still not be able to pull it off. People on these boards state that the only reason NE won the SB games was because the had the hand signals of Stl, Phil, Car. I have asked numerous times how did NE got Car and Phil hand signals. SO if NE has Car and Phil hand signals then guess what, they got them from other teams! That is why the evidence was destroyed, so there was not a huge issue under Goodells first yr. Other coaches have admitted to it.

2- The memo was sent out because this existed around the league. BB was a cocky, stupid fuck who decided to push the boundaries of the new boss to see what would happen. Goodell dropped the hammer, he needed to make an example of someone by saying "you fuck with me, you are going to pay" NE took the fall for what every team was doing. I have never said spygate didn't exists. I also think Bountygate was a joke. Goodell told NO to knock it off, and then dropped the hammer on them too. NO took the fall for the league....It happens. I am fine with it. Just don't tell me NE wont SB games cause they had hand signals on Car, Phil.....cause they didn't.

Why are you still ignoring the OTHER games they played in the post season.

Did NE go right to the SB?

No.

They played other teams - those teams were teams they played in the regular season. Teams with names like Pittsburgh, Indy and San Diego. They used those signals to get past the AFC playoffs and into the SB.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

They played other teams - those teams were teams they played in the regular season. Teams with names like Pittsburgh, Indy and San Diego. They used those signals to get past the AFC playoffs and into the SB.

Why are you ignoring the fact that your old coach said that Spygate had nothing to do with NE beating Pitt? You coach flat out said NE was the better team...AGAIN Midnight...show me the proof you have that those were the teams on the tapes?? Did you see them.....According to people on this board, including yourself, NE won 3 SB cause they had hand signals of those teams...You don't even know how old those tapes were, and what were on them, and if they were even NE own tapes! Teams change signals all the time, and if you don't, then your a fool!!!

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you ignoring the fact that your old coach said that Spygate had nothing to do with NE beating Pitt? You coach flat out said NE was the better team...AGAIN Midnight...show me the proof you have that those were the teams on the tapes?? Did you see them.....According to people on this board, including yourself, NE won 3 SB cause they had hand signals of those teams...You don't even know how old those tapes were, and what were on them, and if they were even NE own tapes! Teams change signals all the time, and if you don't, then your a fool!!!

That doesn't mean he was right!

Why was it against the rules?

Why did he do it for 7 years if it didn't help?

You cheated your way past the Steelers, Colts and Chargers to win the Lombardi 3 times and now that you don't have the tapes, you can't seem to win the SB or even get past the AFCCG anymore.

You got owned yesterday.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

Marshall Faulk has also been quoted as saying that the Pats taped their SB walk through. I wouldn't say that the tapes gave the Pats guaranteed SB's but it sure didn't hurt. I also don't think BB would waste resources on something that didn't work for him...he's too smart for that.

Anyway its for the masses to decide and no matter what Pats fans want to think it smells pretty sour....most agree asterisk it is!

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall Faulk has also been quoted as saying that the Pats taped their SB walk through. I wouldn't say that the tapes gave the Pats guaranteed SB's but it sure didn't hurt. I also don't think BB would waste resources on something that didn't work for him...he's too smart for that.

Anyway its for the masses to decide and no matter what Pats fans want to think it smells pretty sour....most agree asterisk it is!

The smarter you think he is, the less likely he wasted his time on something that didn't work.

And every year the Pats go without winning a title post spygate makes that asterik larger.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
red seat, you cant deny the impact of spygate just like stealer fans can deny use of steroids in those 70's/80's teams. their all dead now

both impacted the games, or believed so

it is what it is

its funny that pats fans use steroids as their counter-argument

Steroids WERE NOT ILLEGAL BY LEAGUE STANDARDS THEN!
yes they were used, but it wasnt illegal........

what the pats did was

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spygate took a consistently great team and gave them a little extra "oomph" to win them super bowls.

it wasn't solely responsible, but it had a big contribution in pushing those teams over the top.

bingo

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean he was right!

Why was it against the rules?

Why did he do it for 7 years if it didn't help?

You cheated your way past the Steelers, Colts and Chargers to win the Lombardi 3 times and now that you don't have the tapes, you can't seem to win the SB or even get past the AFCCG anymore.

You got owned yesterday.
Except they never played the Chargers leading up to their 3 Super Bowls.

Super Bowl XXXVI: Raiders, Steelers, Rams
Super Bowl XXXVIII: Titans, Colts, Panthers
Super Bowl XXXIX: Colts, Steelers, Eagles

You can't even get simple facts correct.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its funny that pats fans use steroids as their counter-argument

Steroids WERE NOT ILLEGAL BY LEAGUE STANDARDS THEN!
yes they were used, but it wasnt illegal........

what the pats did was
The only thing illegal was the camera placement, not the actual taping of the signals. None of the rules that Goodell used to come down on the Patriots said anything about taping signals. It was all about camera placement. The same guidelines that are specifically in place to protect equipment. I'm not making that up either, in the guidelines that are put in place it clearly states that these are in place to protect equipment, and nothing to do with gaining a competitive advantage.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well most NFL fans are unintelligent and emotional. Belichick had a cameraman stand on the sidelines, in plain sight, and point a camera directly at the sidelines. Coaches waved at the camera and never said a word. You actually think the Patriots were gaining a competitive advantage over these teams and no one said a word? You don't think he would hide what he was doing if this was such a big deal? And any time someone brings this up, the Spygate morons fail to actually come up with an intelligent response.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH at Pats fans who'll go to their grave justifying cheating. :L

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH at Pats fans who'll go to their grave justifying cheating. :L
And here's the unintelligent remark that always happens whenever the Spygate junkies are approached with irrefutable facts. It's the only response you have. You can't debate because you will lose every time so you resort to this. It's been happening for 6 years. I hope it makes you feel better.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here's the unintelligent remark that always happens whenever the Spygate junkies are approached with irrefutable facts. It's the only response you have. You can't debate because you will lose every time so you resort to this. It's been happening for 6 years. I hope it makes you feel better.

"It's cheating." - the world

"It's not cheating." - Patriots fans

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's cheating." - the world

"It's not cheating." - Patriots fans
Here are a few more examples of the unintelligent response that Spygate trolls have to resort to when facts are presented.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well most NFL fans are unintelligent and emotional. Belichick had a cameraman stand on the sidelines, in plain sight, and point a camera directly at the sidelines. Coaches waved at the camera and never said a word. You actually think the Patriots were gaining a competitive advantage over these teams and no one said a word? You don't think he would hide what he was doing if this was such a big deal? And any time someone brings this up, the Spygate morons fail to actually come up with an intelligent response.

Who knows at the time the rams maybe didn't even know who's camera that was as there's a million of them out there during this week. I'm sure if they realized what was actually happening they would have kicked the guy out! They're obviously pissed now for a reason.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are a few more examples of the unintelligent response that Spygate trolls have to resort to when facts are presented.

Facts?

You mean like your coach broke the rules for 7 years straight?

Or that you haven't won a SB since Spygate?

Or that in every season in which you won a SB, you played someone in the regular season that you also played in the post season?

Or that Goodell called this cheating?

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at a Steelers fan calling out Patriots for cheating. How many super bowls did the Steelers win by using PED's and Cocaine, clearly giving them an edge over their opponent?

Your funky ass never likes to engage in that discussion. But you have no problem regurgitating the same Patriots bashing year after year. We get it, you like to watch ESPN and read yahoo sports to form your opinions. Hooray.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts?

You mean like your coach broke the rules for 7 years straight?

Or that you haven't won a SB since Spygate?

Or that in every season in which you won a SB, you played someone in the regular season that you also played in the post season?

Or that Goodell called this cheating?

So basically you ignored everything I wrote prior to that post? Do all you Patriot haters consider yourself intelligent?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows at the time the rams maybe didn't even know who's camera that was as there's a million of them out there during this week. I'm sure if they realized what was actually happening they would have kicked the guy out! They're obviously pissed now for a reason.

Every coach knew what was happening. You honestly think they saw a camera on the sidelines, waved to it, and no one EVER came out and said "something fishy is going on! They are stealing our signals! That's against the rules!"